X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sporting
    replied
    Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
    Watching cunt Johnson trying to fake emotion during his testimony is sick making. Disgusting, venal, hypocritical, lying bastard.
    I think you're going too easy on him.

Leave a comment:

• Toby Gymshorts
    replied
    Watching cunt Johnson trying to fake emotion during his testimony is sick making. Disgusting, venal, hypocritical, lying bastard.

Leave a comment:

• Balderdasha
    replied
    Originally posted by Janik View Post
    "puking mucus every 10 to 15 minutes, which I'm quite glad to go through"

Glad as in glad that is over? I assume that. It doesn't sound like something on a bucket list to experiences to try once in a lifetime.

Anyway, sounds rotten. But fingers crossed this is what you think it is, the road to recovery.
    I think steveeeeee meant that it's better to get to that stage that when he had the dry cough not bringing anything up. It usually means the disease is progressing which means the end may be in sight.

Leave a comment:

• Janik
    replied
    "puking mucus every 10 to 15 minutes, which I'm quite glad to go through"

Glad as in glad that is over? I assume that. It doesn't sound like something on a bucket list to experiences to try once in a lifetime.

Anyway, sounds rotten. But fingers crossed this is what you think it is, the road to recovery.

Leave a comment:

• steveeeeeeeee
    replied
    Coming to the end of week 4 symptoms now, which evolved in to basically puking mucus every 10 to 15 minutes, which I'm quite glad to go through. The horrible part of the last 2 weeks has been the constant, painful, non-productive cough. Finally, my lungs are expelling this crap and I feel like this might be the beginning of the end.

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    Did we have an enquiry thread?

Anyway... Boris Johnson has arrived three hours before he is due to give evidence. Some comments online that he has turned up early to avoid confrontations with the families of people who died. (My guess is he's turned up early for some last minute cramming to get his answers straight.)

Leave a comment:

• steveeeeeeeee
    replied
    Originally posted by steveeeeeeeee View Post

Just over a week now since symptoms started and it still doesn't go away. I feel generally fine in the morning but usually struggling to breathe easily in the evening as I get more tired. Worryingly, my daughter seemed generally unaffected, but is now having night sweats and fever + cough. However, she is fine during the day.
    Now entering fourth week of symptoms, My daughter shook off the cough at the beginning of the week and is now totally fine. I however, feel rotten. This never ending dry cough is driving me crazy and basically preventing me from doing anything in public. On top of that, I keep getting these 1 or 2 hour crashes where I can't think straight and just need to lie down. I just really wish it would all go away and I could start feeling better again.

The other annoying thing is that you are well enough to daily tasks, so doing school run, working from home, doing housework, etc. But I just feel awful all the time.

Leave a comment:

• San Bernardhinault
    replied
    Ah, bollocks. Tested positive this morning. Feels incredibly mild. Slightly sore throat, slightly congested, but being in the same house as plague-wife (who is almost recovered) means it's not all that surprising that I have a positive test. I hope it stays properly mild and doesn't fuck my trip to Britain in a couple of weeks.

Leave a comment:

• Amor de Cosmos
    replied
    Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
    My niece, who was staying with us until last Wednesday, has said that she's got it (again). Hopefully she picked it up on the journey back to Kyiv, and not in Harrow.
    Increasingly common it seems. My SiL has had it three times.

Leave a comment:

• San Bernardhinault
    replied
    I'm still testing negative (on, admittedly, nominally expired tests). But every time I feel a bit tired, or brain foggy, I now ascribe it to possible covid rather than just my usual general malaise. The missus is a bit worse and seems very bad when she wakes up, better through the first part of the day, and then declines as the day continues. Mostly with very heavy cold symptoms and headache, though, rather than anything else.

Leave a comment:

• Gangster Octopus
    replied
    My niece, who was staying with us until last Wednesday, has said that she's got it (again). Hopefully she picked it up on the journey back to Kyiv, and not in Harrow.

Leave a comment:

• steveeeeeeeee
    replied
    Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
    I think we've finally shaken the final symptoms. Took about a month I reckon. Fatigue is the longest lasting factor, still need a short nap if I overdo things.
    Just over a week now since symptoms started and it still doesn't go away. I feel generally fine in the morning but usually struggling to breathe easily in the evening as I get more tired. Worryingly, my daughter seemed generally unaffected, but is now having night sweats and fever + cough. However, she is fine during the day.

Leave a comment:

• Felicity, I guess so
    replied
    I wondered if some of the 'befuddled' etc comments might've been drink-related

Leave a comment:

• Eggchaser
    replied
    His diary entries would appear to confirm that Johnson's mental abilities are on a par with a syphillitic medieval king when the alcohol abuse really started to cut in.

Leave a comment:

• Etienne
    replied
    Vallance politely refusing to stick the knife into Johnson and Sunak in his evidence today, but his diaries are brutal enough.

Leave a comment:

• Ginger Yellow
    replied
    So many threads this could go in, but the fact that it seems to have originated with COVID profiteering is the icing on the cake.

Leave a comment:

• Amor de Cosmos
    replied
    I think we've finally shaken the final symptoms. Took about a month I reckon. Fatigue is the longest lasting factor, still need a short nap if I overdo things.

Leave a comment:

• steveeeeeeeee
    replied
    Just discovered I picked it up during my trip to London, last week. So far, irritating cough, quite lethargic and slight bone-achy feeling, but generally nothing worse than a very mild flu.

In terms of spreading it, I dread to think of the number of people my daughter and I have been in contact with. We attended a wedding, a wedding reception and took two full-to-the-rafters long distance flights to get home. My daughter also went to school. Fairly sure we caught it on a very busy bus we took from Natural History Museum to Piccadilly Circus during torrential rain, all the windows were closed and misty, so I imagine it was a pretty good place to exchange germs.

Leave a comment:

• Moonlight Shadow
    replied
    Talking about Covid, the missus ward she works on has now banned visitors due to rampant Covid. Masks have been back for a while

Leave a comment:

• Snake Plissken
    replied
    Originally posted by Jimski View Post
    Yeah, much of this stuff was pretty well known or at least rumoured at the time.
    Yet LauraK, Peston et al are professing shock and amazement at these things.

(I saw a tweet where Peston expressed surprise at the statement to the inquiry that the Government were thinking of going for herd immunity, and someone responded with a screenshot of a column he wrote the very next day saying "the Government is likely to go for herd immunity".)

Leave a comment:

• Greenlander
    replied
    If nothing else we've not got a new meaning to the term 'hairdryer treatment'.

Leave a comment:

• Etienne
    replied
    I'm finding some of it quite interesting. Yes, Johnson, Hancock and Cummings all appear to exactly the people you already suspected they were. But the civil service and business of government stuff is revealing.

Leave a comment:

• Jimski
    replied
    Yeah, much of this stuff was pretty well known or at least rumoured at the time.

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    Today's revelations about toxic misogyny and Matt Hancock being a walking Dunning-Kreuger effect are the exact opposite of shocking. It's like being told the ending to a book you wrote, edited and proofread three times.

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
    That's not what my pollster mate says.
    You forgot an emoji

Leave a comment:

Working...
X