No announcement yet.

Covid-19 pandemic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just hope that in an election year he's going to made to wear this lunacy for real, and Americans are going to realise what a liability to the entire human race having a president like him really is.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
      The White House just said that he mispoke when he referred to goods and cargo
      Fucking shitshow

Comment

That's why I wondered what Fox is doing. Hannity was pushing the Hoax hard a few hours ago.

Comment

[URL]https://twitter.com/woodruffbets/status/1237917919063007232[/URL]

Comment

https://twitter.com/steve_vladeck/status/1237924838179778560

Comment

How the fuck can he get so many things wrong? He is even more terrifying in a crisis than he was as an inept fascist.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                I just hope that in an election year he's going to made to wear this lunacy for real, and Americans are going to realise what a liability to the entire human race having a president like him really is.
                They don’t care. He’s the Republican nominee, at least 45% will vote for him. Then it’s just a question do finding another 6% who totally do not pay attention or understand how reality works. Not hard to do.

Comment

He is both profoundly stupid and aggressively ignorant, and completely incapable of staying on script.

He is also in cognitive decline and terrified that his loss in November will cause the whole house of cards to come crashing down.

Comment

https://twitter.com/CoreyCiorciari/status/1237930884789161984

Comment

SB, you are a free man again

https://twitter.com/HomelandKen/status/1237923213910433794

Comment

I'm free in so many ways: I am a legal permanent resident, I am UK, and I am family of a citizen.

Comment

How fucked up is it that it's Ken Cuccinelli who's the comparatively sane one?

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post

They don’t care. He’s the Republican nominee, at least 45% will vote for him. Then it’s just a question do finding another 6% who totally do not pay attention or understand how reality works. Not hard to do.
                            I find it hard to believe that every single Republican is content to go along with this incoherent, dangerous drivel forever. Most might think of the GOP like the rest of us do our favourite football team, but there must be some residual sanity left somewhere in the party.

Comment

Well, there's Romney.

But virtually every other elected official is scared to death because the party has become a personality cult.

And personality cults don't act rationally.

My quibble with HP is that it is more like 35-40 percent of the electorate, not 45

Comment

You’d like to think so, but tribal identity is a hell of a drug.

Comment

Well, there's Romney.

But virtually every other elected official is scared to death because the party has become a personality cult.

And personality cults don't act rationally.
                                  With the actual elected officials, some of them might actually know what they’re doing is bad for the country, but the way our party system works is that almost any Republican who doesn’t support Trump is ending his/her career. And they’re generally addicted to the power and status and don’t want to do that. I don’t think most high level professional Democrats are all that different on that score, actually.

Romney is probably safe and/or is ready to retire anyway, but the rest of them are either true believer zealot morons or just want power for it’s own sake. But mostly the latter, I suspect.

Comment

Romney is unusually insulated from Trumpism. He’s a Mormon representing the Mormon state, and Trump is less popular among them than any other group of Republicans. McMullin got like 20% of the Utah vote in 2016. When you consider he has independent wealth and name recognition, Romney can probably ride that out in a way most other Republicans can’t.

He is both profoundly stupid and aggressively ignorant, and completely incapable of staying on script.

He is also in cognitive decline and terrified that his loss in November will cause the whole house of cards to come crashing down.
                                    I have zero expectation New York State will drop its investigations against him, which will be nice. Hopefully he sees the inside of a jail cell.

Comment

I wonder how many people in the administration are currently thinking about how they can use Covid19 to cancel the election. All but the thickest of them will realise that they;ve ballsed up the response to the pandemic and their electoral chances will be falling with the rising body count, so what's plan B? well, it's a time of national emergency and they can use that to cancel normal life, including elections

Comment

Good morning Cuba and French Polynesia.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                                          I wonder how many people in the administration are currently thinking about how they can use Covid19 to cancel the election. All but the thickest of them will realise that they;ve ballsed up the response to the pandemic and their electoral chances will be falling with the rising body count, so what's plan B? well, it's a time of national emergency and they can use that to cancel normal life, including elections
                                          Yep I had the same thought.

Comment

That's why I wondered what Fox is doing. Hannity was pushing the Hoax hard a few hours ago.
                                            A quick look at their website suggests that Trump is saving lives and shoring up the economy.

Comment

Mr. Conspiracy Theory? This is just the start of a concerted campaign by the trump administration, and undoubtedly Putin too, to undermine EU unity by offering preferred status to Britain.

There is absolutely no economic or medical logic to Britain and Ireland's exemption. If anything, Britain's response to the virus has been turgid compared to most of the rest of Europe.

Comment

Oh, it'll only be a few more hundred cases before the rug's pulled on flights from here too.

Comment

And starting a (?cold) war against the EU for being a lover of Islam and purveyor of disease

Comment

The US has tested fewer than 6,000 people out of a population of 327m. By contrast, the Netherlands, with 17m people, is testing that many every day. South Korea, with 51m people, is testing 10,000 a day
                                                    from Edward Luce in the FT
                                                    [URL]https://twitter.com/edwardgluce/status/1237909181295931398?s=21[/URL]
                                                    Last edited by Nefertiti2; 12-03-2020, 08:09.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X