No announcement yet.

Covid-19 pandemic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spain reported all its delayed cases and now has 600,000+ cases and 30,000+ deaths.

Comment

Argentina is currently reporting nearly 12,000 new cases a day.

Comment

At 4,732 deaths, the Philippines has now reported more deaths than China. It has also reported nearly 273,000 cases, slightly fewer than Italy.

Comment

Worldwide we have reached 120 deaths per million population, or 0.012% of the world population has died from Covid-19.

Comment

Panama is the 15th country to reach a death rate of more than 500 deaths per million population.

Comment

https://twitter.com/pickardje/status/1306188389667024896?s=21

Comment

My son just called. Back at university and tested positive for the virus!

Comment

Crikey. When did you last see him?

Comment

Blimey. Hope he's OK, NS

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                      Crikey. When did you last see him?

Last Friday. I've got a feeling that I'm supposed to be self-isolating or something. I'm actually on a bus.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                        Blimey. Hope he's OK, NS

Cheers, AH. He sounded a bit rattled but he's a fairly level-headed kid so I trust him to self-monitor and seek medical assistance if required.

Comment

That's got to be extremely stressful. Hope he'll be OK.

Comment

Originally posted by S. aureus View Post
                            That's got to be extremely stressful. Hope he'll be OK.

Thanks, SA. He's not feeling too bad and is a slim, fit 19-year-old so he should be OK. OTOH he's had the odd respiratory issue in the past so I'm not complacent.

Comment

The Netherlands has now reported more cases than China (86,000+) and 6,260 deaths.

Comment

Malaysia is the 94th country to report more than 10,000 cases, but has only recorded 128 deaths so far.
                                Last edited by Balderdasha; 16-09-2020, 15:09.

Comment

Yeah Malaysia was doing well until recently when a few individuals returning from overseas were caught flouting the self isolation rules, one of which led directly to a new cluster of cases in the state of Kedah, which is where my in-laws are.

The state of Sabah in east Borneo is where the biggest problems are, which mainly seems to be due to people crossing over illegally from Philippines and Indonesia.

Foreign travel has now been prohibited, there are exemptions, but approval has to be sought first. Overall I have to say the Malaysian approach really has put the UK approach to shame.

Comment

Rhondda Cynon Taff is in lockdown as of tomorrow.

Apparently a coach load of people from there went to Doncaster Races last week. 14 people off that coach now confirmed with Covid.

Total fucking dipshits.

Comment

The Millennium Stadium "surge hospital" is being decommissioned and a new 400 bed "surge hospital" is being built at the University Hospital of Wales at the same time. It's going to cost ?33 million.

Comment

Nearly 4,000 new cases in the UK today. Highest number since May 8th. And given how disastrously the testing system here has fallen over, the real figures are likely to be much, much higher.

Comment

11,000+ new cases and 239 new deaths announced by Spain today. The second wave seems to be reaching the point where people start dying in higher numbers.

Comment

Iraq is the 18th country to report over 300,000 cases, and has recorded 8,248 deaths.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
                                              My son just called. Back at university and tested positive for the virus!
                                              Hope you're all OK.

Comment

No tests available means that the student in our school with suspected Covid-19 has been told to quarantine, his mum brought the letter into school from their GP. This means she's broken quarantine to do it.

More worryingly as the case hasn't been confirmed no year group bubble has been breached so we continue as normal.

Comment

Head today is telling kids they must wear masks to protect others when they use public transport. He still bans them in schools.

I think he's Johnson in disguise.

I'm not making this shit up. I'm toning it down.

Comment

Do you have any explanation for why your Head/School is so idiotic, AE? Is he a political animal adhering to Tory party lines? Is he trying to follow guidelines that are themselves completely incoherent?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X