• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the government

giving wrong advice,

https://twitter.com/JoshHalliday/status/1289102599996747776?s=20

Comment

the announcing of this (via Twitter) the day before Eid al-Adha in areas with high Muslim population seems quite deliberate.

Comment

I'm watching cases in China again carefully. China has reported more than 100 new cases for three consecutive days. The last time it did that was at the beginning of March.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
          the announcing of this (via Twitter) the day before Eid al-Adha in areas with high Muslim population seems quite deliberate.
          see also

https://twitter.com/bojack90s/status/1288935006925193216?s=20

scapegoats being set up

Young people

Muslims

Europe.

Comment

Terrifying

https://twitter.com/LBC/status/1289104710008475648?s=20

Comment

He should have seen how seriously some areas where I live took the lockdown...areas 99% white...

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
                The UK government has tiptoed so hard around what it wanted to say with the "no meeting people from different households from Greater Manchester, East Lancashire or West Yorkshire" they might as well have just put T-shirts on saying "Yes, you lot with your Eid".
                In reality, "You stupid cunts voted Tory on racist grounds and now you can't visit your families" would be harsh but, in some cases, fair.

But, yeah, we are now in the Muslim scapegoating phase. Expect the policy to be enforced more strictly in Muslim areas, and whites shopping their Muslim neighbours.
                Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 31-07-2020, 10:46.

Comment

https://twitter.com/BBCRadioManc/status/1289153333786271744

Comment

Got swabbed for Covid on the 13th, took until today (31st) for the letter to arrive telling me I tested negative!

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post
                      Got swabbed for Covid on the 13th, took until today (31st) for the letter to arrive telling me I tested negative!

That's pretty hopeless, isn't it, though the result is good news of course.

Comment

More of this, please: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53609354

Looks like the general level of the virus in the community is actually around, what, 8 times or so what the daily confirmed test results figure tell us. And that's in a country with a pretty good testing regime. Makes you wonder what the real levels are in South Asia and South America, for instance.

Comment

Yes, you would hope that if it had been an urgent matter, notification would be much swifter.

Comment

Mrs CJ and I got tested last week. Got an appointment online at a local drive-in test centre within 2 hours, got the results (2x negative) 18 hours later. We were reluctantly quite impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
                              More of this, please: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53609354

Looks like the general level of the virus in the community is actually around, what, 8 times or so what the daily confirmed test results figure tell us. And that's in a country with a pretty good testing regime. Makes you wonder what the real levels are in South Asia and South America, for instance.

Actually, thinking about it, a more optimistic view might be that the study shows that in many cases the general health effects of the virus are mild or non-existent, which I suppose we knew already but is nice to have confirmed.

Comment

It's the BAME community wot done it.

Comment

I got chosen at random for covid 19 testing. I was sent a pack through the post, I watched the youttube video about how to do it and then I booked for the courier to come. I booked forTuesday and once I had self swabbed I had to keep the sample in the fridge until the courier arrived.

Thursday I was told I am Covid19 free.

Comment

30 new positive cases today in Scotland (the largest daily rise in 8 weeks), but 0 deaths. The slight caveat being that Scotland is carrying out 3 times the number of daily tests that we were 8 weeks ago.
                                    Half of all new cases in the last 7 days have been in the 20 - 39 year old age bracket.
                                    4 patients in intensive care, up 2 from yesterday.

Comment

18 consecutive death-free days in NI, just 10 cases.

Comment

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-r-number-in-the-uk

Shot

Latest R number and growth rate

Last updated on Friday 31 July 2020.

Latest R number range for the UK0.8-0.9

Latest growth rate range for the UK -1% to -4% per day

The UK estimates of R and growth rate are averages over very different epidemiological situations and should be regarded as a guide to the general trend rather than a description of the epidemic state.
                                        Chaser

These estimates represent the transmission of COVID-19 from several weeks ago due to a time delay between someone being infected and needing healthcare. Estimates that use more timely data reflecting infections, suggest a higher R for England than shown here. As a result, SAGE does not have confidence that R is currently below 1 in England.
                                        0.8-1.0 -4 to -1
                                        0.7-1.0 -6 to -1
                                        0.8-1.0 -4 to 0
                                        0.7-0.9 -6 to -2
                                        0.7-0.9 -6 to -2
                                        0.8-1.1 -5 to +1
                                        0.8-1.0 -3 to 0
                                        0.8-1.1 -4 to +1

One of those numbers is 80px and bolded and the other is 14px.

Comment

There is also this bar snack around the regional figures:

*Low case numbers and/ or a high degree of variability in transmission across the region means these estimates are insufficiently robust to inform policy decisions.

The policy decisions made in a hurry last night, or other ones?

Comment

https://twitter.com/toooldforit/status/1289187446597582848?s=21

Comment

While I may have previously criticised twitter quotes on here, that one's a bloody good one.

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post
                                                Yes, you would hope that if it had been an urgent matter, notification would be much swifter.

The HSE has been a shitshow since the start of this, no way can we handle increased cases along with flu season. I'd imagine Paul Reid will be the scapegoat in time, but the problem is systemic. And politicians demanding schools fully reopen no matter what (and no masks!) really won't help.

Comment

No deaths in Ireland today, and 38 cases, of which 32 were in Dublin and Kildare.

Comment

https://twitter.com/renato_mariotti/status/1289194855223234560

Comment

Working...
                                                    X