No announcement yet.

Covid-19 pandemic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indonesia has now recorded more deaths than China.

Comment

mindblowing visualisation

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1286494655161536513?s=20

Comment

Those last four points form a lovely straight line plotted on a log scale. R^2 = 0.9987 for exponential growth.

Comment

0 deaths, 20 new cases in Ireland today.

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
            0 deaths, 20 new cases in Ireland today.
            Ditto* for Scotland

* Well almost, the net increase is 20, there were 22 new cases recorded in the last 24 hours, however 2 two cases previously classified as positive have now been reclassed as negative.
            Last edited by The Red Max; 24-07-2020, 17:09.

Comment

The UK has just overtaken Andorra in terms of number of deaths per population, becoming the third worst in the world after San Marino (only actually 42 deaths but skewed by a tiny population) and Belgium (who appear to have reported virtually all deaths in 2020 as Covid-19 deaths if there was even the slightest hint it might be involved).

Comment

India reported a record 48,446 new cases in one day yesterday.

Comment

Russia is the 4th country to reach over 800,000 cases.

Comment

Togo and Angola have over 800 cases.

Comment

Highest number of daily new cases worldwide again yesterday, 289,028.

Comment

Also, highest number of daily new cases in the USA, 78,009.

Comment

Mexico has the 4th highest total number of deaths attributed to Covid-19, 42,645 currently.

Comment

Sao Tome and Principe has reached over 800 cases, the 150th country to do so.

Comment

My experience in Columbus, Georgia is that many restaurants are only doing takeout, a far greater percentage than was the case in any earlier locations on this trip. I'm not sure if that's a response to a new surge in the state or if this particular county decided to stay at this level when everywhere else in Georgia went to socially distanced dine-in mode. I will compare it with FL on my route home.

Comment

Been to 5 different kind of shops from yesterday evening to this morning, the compliance with mask wearing is phenomenal, I have seen one person without one, out of probably 100/150 people...

Comment

We're up to 1300 new cases today. Yet another record. It'll go down tomorrow as it is the weekend but on Tuesday when we get Monday's numbers I expect to be up at 1500

Meanwhile a friend who was covid skeptical now has her sister in law seriously ill with it in hospital. She's had a stroke today (connected to the clotting that comes with the virus) and things look bleak. I have met her (the s-i-l) a couple of times and she is great. It would be good if people who think it's fake news could be convinced of its seriousness without having to lose loved ones

In other news our next door neighbours who work most of the year in Germany came home. They told my other half that the virus is a fake and it is just a story so that Angela Merkel can inject everyone with a chip. When she started to argue they said "seriously you should read something about it". These are people with at best an 8th grade education. I mean how the fuck do we deal with this level of dunning kruger fucked up shit?

Comment

Christ. What sort of work do they do in Germany and don't they read news from other countries?

Comment

They work in a dogfood factory in Bremen. I'm 100%sure all their news comes via Facebook

Comment

When I last met up with my ex, I spent 3 hours listening to the kind of crazy shit Ad Hoc reports above. Insane gibberish about UN agenda, Gates attempt to micro-chip us, vaccines are lethal, viruses do not exist, etc, etc...

She is (was?) an intelligent and sensible woman but now...

Comment

"You should read about it / educate yourself" is the stock answer of any conspiracy troll. When you say you have read a book then of course it's always the wrong book and you should read another one.

Comment

At least over here, it is rarely a book and most of the time a video or meme that doesn't require reading skills

Speaking of which, a number of Sinclair-owned local television stations in the US are broadcasting an interview with the "star" of "Plandemic" in which she maintains that Fauci created the virus.

Comment

Yeah, it's always a link to a video, length somewhere between 10 and 50 minutes, of a talking head "explaining" things. Usually in a slightly shouty way, absolutely guaranteed to make sure you don't watch more than 20 seconds even if you want to find out what these people are on about. And then the conspiracy troll says something like "Well! You didn't watch it! How can you be qualified to comment!"

Comment

My neighbours aren't trolls. They're just gullible fools

Comment

This pattern is being repeated in a significant number of states.

Indoor bars are a real problem.

https://twitter.com/jake_zuckerman/status/1287011596036907008

Comment

Zero deaths in Wales. 30 new cases. I wonder if we are getting more confirmed mild cases, or whether we are going to see some deaths down the track here.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X