No announcement yet.

Covid-19 pandemic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So in the USA, if you publicly declare your refusal to take any action to stop yourself getting sick from COVID-19 is there any impact on your health insurance (if you have any)? If I drove while drunk, or was speeding etc then my car insurance would be invalidated,.

Comment

Because our "system" is even more dysfunctional than anyone can conceive of, the current answer is no.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if at least one insurer tries to make such an argument if this "coronavirus party" thing really takes off and lands them with multiple claims in the hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Comment

Grocery deliveries in Houston are well backed up. Stepdaughter has to go to the store as they're running short of food. No room left in the largest ICU facility in the US apparently (which is much worse obviously)

Comment

50,000 new cases in the US today.

Comment

https://twitter.com/sfchronicle/status/1278543840367050757

Comment

Yesterday was a new high for confirmed cases worldwide, 196,901 new Covid-19 cases diagnosed.

Comment

Turkey is the 13th country to report more than 200,000 cases, and has recorded 5,150 deaths.

Comment

Colombia is the 20th country to report more than 100,000 cases, and has recorded 3,470 deaths.

Comment

Liberia has reached more than 800 cases.

Comment

India is the 4th country to report more than 600,000 cases and has recorded 17,855 deaths.

Comment

I notice that yesterday the UK again had more official deaths than every other country in Europe bar Russia combined, yet the pubs will be open soon!

Comment

And more deaths than reported on the same day last week, as seems to be happening most days at the moment.

Comment

The reasons for ending lockdown begin ... just had my email from the bank saying the "temporary" interest-free overdrafts offered to customers because of Covid-19 will be put back onto normal terms (ie swingeing fees and interest) from 10th July. I was lucky, didn't need to take advantage of their generous offer ... but I bet millions did.

Comment

A Conservative council leader

https://twitter.com/garyportercbe/status/1278592047491022848?s=21

Comment

Scotland makes mask-wearing in shops obligatory from July 10th, also reimposes the 5-mile travel limit in Dumfries and Galloway.

Comment

The surveillance report for the week ending 28 June is out, apart from Leicester the ten areas which had the highest rates of infection the week before have all seen drops which seems good news.

Comment

Cases have been going up in Switzerland too. Masks now mandatory on public transports and because the 'special situation' giving the Federal government full powers is over, cantons are now free to impose stricter measures like masks in all indoors areas should they see fit.

Interesting aside, foreign residents trust authorities more than natives after polling about the Swiss Covid app (also note EPFL in Lausanne is the originator of the joint Google/Apple framework)

Comment

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1278694402937032705

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post
                                        Scotland makes mask-wearing in shops obligatory from July 10th, also reimposes the 5-mile travel limit in Dumfries and Galloway.
                                        This due to a local spike which in turn has been traced to an illicit hot tub party in Gretna. It has also meant that some pubs in Carlisle are now not opening on Saturday and those that are opening have been warned by the polis not to allow anyone in with D&G addresses.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Flanagans Dog View Post
                                          This due to a local spike which in turn has been traced to an illicit hot tub party in Gretna
                                          This type of small, highly localised contact shows, once again, how ferocious this virus is. It only takes one person to infect dozens which is why maintaining physical distance, not being part of even smallish groups, and limiting travel is going to be necessary until a vaccine is available. Probably sometime next year.

Comment

5 deaths, 15 new cases in Ireland. Still small but increasing slightly.

Comment

UK figures for today still don't seem to have been released which is much later in the day than usual.

Comment

I was looking at the rolling 7 day average of daily UK deaths (from government figures)- after consistently dropping since mid-April, it has pretty much exactly flatlined now, remaining the same for the last week (between 115 and 121, bookended with two identical rates of 118 on 1 July and 24 June.)

Comment

they took their time

https://twitter.com/AnaCabrera/status/1278786232127021064?s=20

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
                                                    I'm sure Texans will react to this calmly and will see that it's really for everyone's good.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X