X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You've got to spend, spend, spend!

https://twitter.com/JamesMills1984/s...92404943622145

Comment

I've just noticed that this thread has getting on for 1/4 million views, more than the cryptic crossword or mundane threads, which must make it the daddy of OTF.

Comment

Not even close, the Brexit thread currently has 685k views.

Comment

Originally posted by Fussbudget View Post
          Not even close, the Brexit thread currently has 685k views.

Ah, fair enough.

It would be fun to see a Top 10 of most popular threads on OTF, though some of the figures are a bit dodgy, with posts lost following board upgrades.

Comment

In each forum you can use the Filter button in the top-right to sort threads by number of replies (not by views though), but I'm not sure there's a way to do it across all forums at once.

Comment

In each forum you can use the Filter button in the top-right to sort threads by number of replies (not by views though), but I'm not sure there's a way to do it across all forums at once.

Good plan. I might give it a shot.

Comment

Mundane Thread II was a chunky mutha, with almost as many views as the Brexit thread, and Trump's Card is pushing the 1/2 million mark.

Thread derail over.

I think I'm going to initiate a COVID-19 mask poll.

Comment

8 million cases globally. This time it took 8 days to increase by one million cases, instead of 9 times last time.

Comment

A "mystery" illness is killing about 4,000 people in the US each week - that's more than the number of people killed by COVID-19, according to the most recent death certificate statistics published by the CDC.
                    https://covid19science.blogspot.com/...ing-worse.html

Comment

The president of Burundi may have been the first head of government to die from Covid-19: https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...erre-nkurunziz

He dismissed the Covid-19 threat and kept large public gatherings open.

Burundi only had 85 confirmed cases and one death recorded as being due to Covid-19, but this suggests it may be spreading more widely, just not being tested for.

Comment

The queues at the shops seem extraordinary, everyone is out following the Chancellor's advice to shop for Britain and revive the economy.

If the other acts of random stupidity don't cause another spike in deaths then this surely will.

Comment

0 deaths, 18 new cases in Ireland. Covid 19 not top or second story on the evening news behind Government formation and a guilty verdict in a domestic child sex abuse case. Third story reopening of shopping centres/ malls. Covid results fourth.

Comment

968 new cases in the UK today, which is the lowest number since 'lockdown' started. Still far too high for my liking.

Comment

People are still dying in Wales.

Comment

Went to Asda tonight and people are there being careful at all. Oblivious men walking around in a daze and into people while their masked wives do the actual shopping.

Comment

I don’t understand why the UK is so oblivious. I live in an area where most old people voted for Trump and most young people aren’t paying attention to anything that doesn’t directly impact their life this week and yet the mask compliance is about 99%, i think.

Comment

Yikes. This story is nasty about the effects on the lungs. And the double-whammy...

Sir John Bell, a professor of medicine at Oxford University who is a member of the government’s coronavirus vaccine taskforce, said attempts to understand whether people who have had the disease gather any immunity would need to be tested during a second wave of infections in the UK, which he said was now likely.

“Given the lockdown has now been largely released, we are now back in action and we still have a pretty reasonable level of infections in the community, I would be very surprised if we avoided a second wave,” he said.
                                    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...on-expert-says

Comment

Originally posted by Balderdasha View Post
                                      968 new cases in the UK today, which is the lowest number since 'lockdown' started. Still far too high for my liking.
                                      I've seen this figure around, but the Department of Health's Twitter feed and the GOV.UK dashboard have it as 1,056 for today. Though at this point I think they're deliberately giving us the data in a confusing or incomplete way to make it hard to tell what's actually going on so they can control the narrative.

Comment

I've seen this figure around, but the Department of Health's Twitter feed and the GOV.UK dashboard have it as 1,056 for today. Though at this point I think they're deliberately giving us the data in a confusing or incomplete way to make it hard to tell what's actually going on so they can control the narrative.

Apparently:

968 new cases and 38 new deaths in the United Kingdom. The Government has announced that the total number of people tested and positive cases in pillar 1 have been revised since yesterday’s total, after changes to historical data for Scotland to avoid counting people or cases more than once across pillars.

The cumulative totals today are therefore 88 lower for positive cases, than if you added the daily figures to yesterday’s totals. [source] [source]

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post
                                          I don’t understand why the UK is so oblivious. I live in an area where most old people voted for Trump and most young people aren’t paying attention to anything that doesn’t directly impact their life this week and yet the mask compliance is about 99%, i think.
                                          Arrogance and the stiff upper lip mentality form part of it but I think the majority of people are just ignorant and funny get the dangers and regulations are clearly not being enforced. For example from today to travel by public transport you must be wearing a mask and people aren't wearing one with zero consequences. There's also the stubborn nature of freedom, you cannot make me along with fear of confrontation.

Sorry for the rambling answer.

Comment

Thanks NS

Comment

438,000+ official Covid-19 deaths globally now, which is higher than the population of Brunei.

Comment

Congo now has more than 800 cases. And next door, the Democratic Republic of Congo has just announced a new outbreak of Ebola.

Comment

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1272652532163252225

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                                    X