No announcement yet.

Covid-19 pandemic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Austin is cancelling the SXSW festival for this year, which is a really big deal for them.

Comment

Apple "encouraging" working from home

Comment

A horrible thought I just had about the UK. If it gets bad enough that a serious proportion of people are self-isolating, are people still going to be manning the food banks? Are people going to be able to get food from them? Are we going to see people starving if not? There've been enough disturbing cases of individuals starving to death due to benefits being stopped already.

Comment

if you don't let them off the ship, they don't count for the statistics

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1236054778318393344?s=20

Comment

Ahem. Not saying anything because I don't want to be an uncivil Bernie Bro.

[URL]https://twitter.com/Joyce_Karam/status/1236065824403841026[/URL]

Comment

https://twitter.com/McFaul/status/1236070440403001344

Comment

Spanish breakdown by autonomous community:

https://www.eldiario.es/sociedad/MAP...003000476.html

Comment

I wonder what is up with Murcia.

That just seems very unlikely given the rest of the distribution.

Comment

Diabetes UK has cancelled it's big annual conference for healthcare professionals that was going to happen in Glasgow the week after next. The main reason was they didn't want to have a couple of thousand clinicians away from their day jobs if Covid-19 follows the expected trajectory.

Also, this made me laugh:

Comment

We've just been notified that one of the students at my son's school has been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.

Comment

Yikes

And I thought you were having a shitty week before this

Thoughts with all of you

Comment

Just on universities and tech averse profs: I’m definitely one but in addition our union position is not to record anything as you instantly hand over copyright to the institution
                          About to become more of an issue as we have a Hong Kong campus and the Business school are requiring videos to replace classes on the shutdown campus (politics/protest, preceding the virus)

Comment

Comment

A prize for the first person to notice why I put up that link

Comment

God damn bush meat does it again. When are the africans going to start to eat proper food.

Comment

Originally posted by Tactical Genius View Post
                                  A prize for the first person to notice why I put up that link
                                  Do you actively search this shit out or do people you know share it?

Comment

I have just sneezed over my laptop.

Sorry all.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                      I guarantee you that they are screening anyone who could come within a few metres of him. It has to be even more batshit crazy than usual.
                                      Is the screening 100% reliable though?

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post

Do you actively search this shit out or do people you know share it?
                                        If I answered that I would lose my aura of mystery.

​​​​​​Strange you would ask that than wonder why some are attempting to to put a black face on another infectious disease. Just like they attempted to do with HIV.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                                          God damn bush meat does it again. When are the africans going to start to eat proper food.
                                          Maybe send over some do gooders to feed us real food.

Comment

Originally posted by NickSTFU View Post
                                            I have just sneezed over my laptop.

Sorry all.
                                            Strong words at parkrun this morning when someone coughed and someone else shouted at him for not covering his mouth. Neither of these people were me.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post

Is the screening 100% reliable though?
                                              It's probably produced by some grifting Mar-a-Lago contact.

Comment

First case reported in Malta, despite them turning away a cruise ship.

Comment

Originally posted by Tactical Genius View Post

If I answered that I would lose my aura of mystery.

​​​​​​Strange you would ask that than wonder why some are attempting to to put a black face on another infectious disease. Just like they attempted to do with HIV.
                                                  Why would I need to ask about their motives? I mean that's obvious* compared to the question I asked.

(BTW I reckon that's an old animation with Coronavirus added on the front. Updated for the new threat.)

*in case it's not obvious: racist scum wanting to blame Covid-19 on Africans/ black people as part of an ongoing effort to scapegoat black people for stuff

Comment

The Maltese case is a 12 year old Italian

France and Italy are starting to see a spate of public officials testing positive: two magistrates in Milan (leading to the courts being closed until the end of March), mayors and prefects in badly affected regions, the General Secretary of the PD in Italy, etc

Comment

Working...
                                                    X