X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buy One, Get One Free

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
      Trump has invoked the Defense Production Act in a flurry of Tweets.
      Which of course is not how it works

Comment

It is weird how the founding fathers advocated for semi-automatic rifles but didn't see twitter coming.

Comment

Originally posted by pebblethefish View Post
          Was amused to note that amongst the half-empty shelves, the toilet roll section was crammed full. It's almost as if everyone has enough.
          I'm going to Asda later - I've only been out for exercise in the last week - and hoping there is rice, because I am running low (we get through a fair bit in our house).

Comment

Originally posted by Wouter D View Post
            What is a BOGOF? Sounds like an off-brand Bulgarian midfielder.
            Buy One, Get One Free

Comment

It looks like some arseholes have decided to go and set fire to the moors above Winter Hill again. Big plumes of smoke.

Comment

A 17-year old in LA County died from COVID-19. He was turned away from an urgent care clinic because he didn't have health insurance and was almost dead by the time he got to the emergency room at a public hospital.

Comment

It's all rather Little Nell:

https://twitter.com/CMO_England/status/1243571992911138817

Comment

[URL]https://twitter.com/doctorow/status/1243570967483310082?s=21[/URL]

Comment

Deadliest single day so far in Italy, with 919 new fatalities

That illusive peak is still in the future

Comment

Is it not 969?

Comment

I think it's great that the reaction to the news that the British Prime Minister has a potentially fatal virus is to have a lengthy discussion about the pros and cons of getting your groceries delivered. That's a quality put-down, well done OTF.

I have never had a delivery either. The thrill of perusing the stickers and getting 40% off because it's got to be eaten by tomorrow ... that's the high point of my day. (For cakes. Not fish).

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post

I'm afraid a very nasty cynic in me came out last night and said that I bet there will be a lot of self-employed people frantically now explaining to HMRC that of course their business does make £40k a year profits, not the £5k they always put on their tax returns, too.
                            Going to be based on last 3 accounting periods isnt it? Though the nasty cynic might still note the announcement comes just before the filing deadline for the last 12 months.

Comment

Originally posted by Balderdasha View Post
                              I feel like it's getting to a point where this might need a thread of its own

I accidentally clicked on the first page of the thread and I have to say, looking back, I really appreciate the opening line from Balderdasha here

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                                On Boris: I'll add my usual comment on not wanting politicians and royals to get sick because they're now sucking up resources that should be used on people who matter.

But it's hard to suppress just a little bit of schadenfreude even though I know it shouldn't be there.
                                But it's hard to suppress the gleeful shout of "Die you fat bastard, die" even though I know it shouldn't be there.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                  I accidentally clicked on the first page of the thread and I have to say, looking back, I really appreciate the opening line from Balderdasha here
                                  I did exactly the same thing, with a similar reaction. It must be the greatest understatement in OTF history.

Comment

According to Sky News, a temporary mortuary is being built at Birmingham Airport, to hold 1,500 bodies "initially".

Comment

Originally posted by ooh aah View Post

But it's hard to suppress the gleeful shout of "Die you fat bastard, die" even though I know it shouldn't be there.
                                      Christ, if he's a fat bastard...

Comment

My parents went to the garden centre yesterday.

Not sure how that managed to be classified as essential service in the Netherlands.

​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by anton pulisov View Post
                                          My parents went to the garden centre yesterday.

Not sure how that managed to be classified as essential service in the Netherlands.

​​​​
                                          Most outdoor occupations are still OK here in Canada. Garden centres are open, landscapers are still working, and we had arborists around to plant a tree on Wednesday.

Comment

the British Goverement has been criminally irresponsible

https://twitter.com/TristanCorkPost/status/1243605559095459841?s=20

Comment

Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post
                                              According to Sky News, a temporary mortuary is being built at Birmingham Airport, to hold 1,500 bodies "initially".
                                              Not surprising. Italy lost almost 1000 people today. A few days like that and the funeral services will be completely overwhelmed.

I know the scenario planning for a pandemic like this includes scoping sites for mass graves.

Comment

This video is very creepy - narrowing one Ft. Lauderdale beach during spring break to present whereabouts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cq2z...ature=youtu.be

Comment

[URL]https://twitter.com/samkeogh85/status/1243542492231995395?s=21[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post
                                                    That will be in addition to Solihull Ice rink, about 2 miles away, which along with every other ice rink in the country are emergency mortuaries.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X