Hi there

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi there

Just wanted to say hi for; probably mostly egotistical reasons. Because it feels good to say hi to people who without them knowing it have meant a great deal in various ways to me, and who still do.

That’s both to those who I got along with, and those who I didn’t. Maybe even more the latter.

It’s a bloody strange thing.

You’re just names on the Internet to be fair. A few of you I have met but most of you not and yet it feels like I’ve met loads of you and you keep popping up in my mind be it I sat in a tram commuting here my Gothenburg or a slow Sunday at home. From things you’ve said or stories you’ve told or experience you’ve been both bold and honest to share.

I don’t know how many times past decade or so I’ve sat with mates and was about to share an anecdote then had to re-configure in my brain how to present it real life there in a pub because I couldn’t say “a friend of mine”, or “a mate of mine” or “an acquaintance of mine”, since that anecdote was all and entire of it from Internet with people I’ve only engaged with over electricity OTF. From, by and about you.

I’m not sure how this bit is said without sounding pathetic. This that I'm only here to say hi and not here to fish for the "oh please come back"
    Our local Gothenburg paper, us teens would use to laugh and mock people who had put in an ad, people who were having their 50th or 60th or whatever birthday and they’d put in an ad for all to see “Please abstain from celebrating my birthday". There would be at least 5 or 6 of these every Sunday paper.
    We found it funny, tad narcissistic I guess, and creepy.
    So same here.
    I’m only here to say hi and this is the last I will ever write on OTF.

I’m only here to be creepy, narcissistic and not very funny. Only to say hi. Not at all to enter yet again. I have from time to time popped in to read what you’re up to, but I think I’ve burned the last bridge here and more than anything I don’t feel like participating, even more so (oh how funny life serves those bastards in your body) times up. And tis' kind of closure for me before the end right up the corner.

I'm only here to say hi.
    And I'm only here to say thank you.

You’ve been great!
    Sorry for all the shit coming from my end.
    And as the legendary Spearmint Rhino once said/created….. Stay Beautiful!

Hi PPV

I just want to say that I hope you're OK. You've opened up about personal stuff on OTF quite a few times before, and if that's been helpful then great. I only hope you have somewhere (some people) offline that you can talk to, especially given what you have suggested in your post. Everyone needs support. Look after yourself, please.

Comment

Hi PPV, agree entirely with what tee rex has just said. Hope you're OK.

Comment

Be well, Z

You are always in our thoughts

Comment

Take care PPV. I think I remember in a non-football, non-political thread going back and forth with you over Barnsley rock gods SAXON.
          Last edited by Cal Alamein; 22-01-2020, 03:01.

Comment

Hope all is ok, PPV!

Comment

What they all said PPV, look after yourself.

And thanks for the "Abba is Perfection" thread!

Comment

Hi PPV lovely to hear from you, look after yourself plus everything else the others before me have said.

Comment

Zlatan to Milan again huh, bloody hell.

Comment

Yeah, I hope you are well too.
                    PM me your number, not heard from you in a while.

Comment

Good to hear from you PPV. Take very good care of yourself, mate.

Comment

Great to hear from you PPV - take care

Comment

Hope you and your family are doing well. I was reminded of you when I was getting ready to go to a trip to the mountains here and found the Barcelona scarf you sent me. I knew who would enjoy it, and let my son use it on the trip--his eyes lit up when he saw it. Thanks for that.

Comment

Wishing only good things for you, Z. Be well.

Comment

It's always nice to hear from you PPV.

But whether you're on here or not, I hope you're doing well.

Comment

Working...
                              X