Small losses (a companion thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small losses (a companion thread)

I won 2.23 euros the other day on the Spanish football pools.

My stake was 3 euros.

I once got a royalties cheque for £1.41.

It would have cost ten times that to pay it into my German bank account.

Comment

In a previous job I used to process cheques received as a result of class actions against companies which my then company had invested in. The amounts received could vary from 50p to £5m.

Comment

The degree to which German banks are allowed to charge for bog standard (and largely unavoidable) "services" is breathtaking to those used to banking elsewhere. I began to think that we were being dinged a few euro cents every time we walked by a Deutsche ATM

Comment

Left a pound coin in the gym locker earlier. Bugger.

Comment

When I take my car to the coin-op car-wash bays, I'm amazed at how often I find coins all stacked up on the machine. I always leave them there (karma and that) but man are dudes forgetful.

Comment

I dropped my change in the pub earlier- 4 or 5 coins of which I only found 2. One might’ve been a £1...

Comment

The hotel yesterday claimed that parking was free, and "validated" the ticket to get out of the parking garage across the road that's generally used by gym members. They validated it by stamping it with a ton of ink. Somehow they thought the machine would read this. It didn't make any sense but we trusted them. Get to the exit and of course it doesn't work. I would have backed out, and gone to complain but there was already a row of 3 cars behind, so I just sucked it up and paid the $9 to free us.

Comment

Working...
                X