No announcement yet.

Poll: Irish general election edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Difficult to project next government - SF has become the party of opposition but needs to grow more to make a govt
    Lab/ SD/ GP would support them if opportunity existed
    They would also support FG if opportunity existed

TonTon - the GP will remain as long as the other parties fail to engage with the environmental challenges (which will be for a long time yet it appears!

Comment

The Sunday Independent finally cotton on to the worst-kept secret on Irish Twitter:

https://twitter.com/KevDoyle_Indo/status/1390399809471844357

Comment

It was a secret to me. But as I'm not on twitter, wouldn't wipe my arse with the Sindo, and can't honestly remember the last time I was aware of Eoghan Harris' existence, it's not really surprising.

Comment

All new on me as well, I'm amazed the old soak was still churning out shite for the middle class Sunday World. Still undecided if mouth frothing Eoghan or the miserable fucks who Blaired up the Labour Party once they stopped being pretend Tankies counterfeiters and post office hold up men are the very worst shameful dregs of the fuckin Stickies.

Comment

Clearly a huge centre-left majority in Ireland. But the left vote is fragmented to fuck, stuck in splinter parties, or being soaked up by former terrorists that many people will never vote for, or inexplicably still being attracted by elements of FF anf FG.

So it's corporatist shite for another decade at least, where cycle lanes will only be built if they can attract tourists.

Comment

Cycle lanes also much better for affluent Dublin commuter suburbs (esp SoCo) than plebby inner city areas, amazingly. And will apparently take 7 fucking years for Fingal council to build a proper cycleway/walking path the poxy 5km between Balbriggan and Skerries. But aye, no tourists to the Brig so...

Comment

Current Fine Gael by-election candidate helps found Renua in 2015, proceeds to tweet about Repeal the 8th anniversary today:

https://twitter.com/GeogheganCllr/status/1397136306417934339

Comment

Brazen smug SoCo bastards.

Comment

SoCo?

Comment

South County Dublin - acronym pretentiously coined by the Sindo by analogy with Soho, basically akin to the "Home Counties set" or the "Morningside elite".

Comment

Sindo = Sunday Independent.

Comment

At least Lucinda Creighton's position was consistent.

Comment

What, being pro choice till she saw a (it turns out non-existent) gap in the south side market for a socially conservative amoral Thatcherite as opposed to their favoured amoral socially liberal Thatcherite reps?

Comment

I grew up north of Gormoyle Street, NOGO for short. We played in the streets, no cars around. They'd all been hijacked I'm here all week etc etc

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                                What, being pro choice till she saw a (it turns out non-existent) gap in the south side market for a socially conservative amoral Thatcherite as opposed to their favoured amoral socially liberal Thatcherite reps?
                                Oh right yeah, I forgot she started out pro-choice when she was young.

But she did essentially commit career suicide trying to stop the law allowing terminations in the case of fatal fetal abnormalities. She could have voted for that and kept her seat for decades.

Comment

Maybe she genuinely changed her views following her marriage to that creeping Jesus Paul Bradford.

Comment

So, in the 48 hours we were offline, a significant story has emerged in relation to how parties conducted internal polling - it began with the Irish Independent focusing on Sinn Féin creating a fictitious market research company, before Fine Gael, Fianna Fáil and the Greens all promptly owned up to doing likewise in the past. Generally, FG and FF now tend to engage professional pollsters to do their constituency surveys.

Comment

There's a bit more to it than that. The story came out because Sinn Fein had an instruction booklet on how to do this, and that leaked. It since transpired that Fine Gael did quite a bit of it, while Fianna Fail said that they thought it had happened a couple of times in the run up to the 2007 election. (Bertie Ahern has denied this, and in fairness to them, they were swimming in so much fucking money at the time that it would have been massively easier to actually hire someone) and the Greens did a spot of it around 2010. Now this is just dodgy on the face of it, and an example of parties keeping loopholes and doing slightly dodgy things, then Sinn fein move into that gap, set up camp, and exploit that loophole systematically.

So Eoin O'Broin went on Newstalk to straight bat this story, before it came out that a lot of other parties had done a bit of this. And the most unusual bit of this is that he flat out denied that Printing out fake id's for a fake company to pretend that you weren't a political party, was in any way lying. I nearly crashed the car when he said that. It was 50% Ray Burke, 50% Obi Wan Kenobi, 100% pure sociopath. That rotten hearted cunt frightens me. Right and wrong mean nothing to these people other than as rhetorical weapons to use against their enemies.

Comment

The Front page story in irish independent is that Sinn Fein were doing this in the run up to the 2020 election. I can't believe that Lying Eoin lied to us. If only we had a hint that lying eoin might be a wrong un

Comment

I'm no fan of Sinn Fein, but the fucking Indo having a go at them means fuck all.

Comment

This is how we turn into england. The primary question is, Is the story true or not? And if it is likely true, then the story is not what the Independent said, it's what O'Broin said on Newstalk.

Comment

And Sinn Féin promptly gain in the next poll, largely due to the Coalition's haplessness on non-Covid issues:

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1403805911760637956

Comment

What's not to like?

Comment

So which other parties will SF invite into coalition?

Comment

Can't see Labour going with them, even if asked, as Kelly has been a long-standing critic of the party - suspect their first choice would actually be Fianna Fáil under a new leader such as Jim O'Callaghan, or Darragh O'Brien. After that, they would seek to bulk up the seat numbers with the Soc Dems and Greens, along with potentially Sol/PBP if that Trotskyite bag of cats held together for the length of a coalition negotiating period.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X