Poll - Next Labour Party Leader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poll - Next Labour Party Leader

Choices are the front runners as per Paddy Power in order of their current odds.
    Keir Starmer
    18.18%
    Rebecca Long Bailey
    18.18%
    Angela Rayner
    19.70%
    Jess Phillips
    7.58%
    Lisa Nandy
    9.09%
    Emily Thornberry
    3.03%
    Yvette Cooper
    9.09%
    Clive Lewis
    10.61%
    David Lammy
    4.55%
    Other
    0%

It's a depressing list.

Comment

Is this a who do you want or who do you think will win poll?

Comment

Want or who you think would be most effective if Labour aren't your bag.

Comment

Sorted

Comment

Interesting. No obvious favourite as yet and no votes for the two supposed frontrunners.

Comment

Who are the two frontrunners? Starmer? And...who?

Comment

Long Bailey, apparently.

Comment

Ah right. Ta.

Comment

You can get shorter odds for Owen Jones as the next Labour leader than David Miliband which can't be particularly encouraging for the latter.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
                      Long Bailey, apparently.
                      A village in Northamptonshire?

Who is standing for deputy?

Dev Aintree, presumably?

Comment

Silly person.

Comment

A Mancunian Angela - Jones ticket ticks my nostalgia pop boxes.

Thornberry's Da went to my school. Bit of a bounder it seems

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
                            You can get shorter odds for Owen Jones as the next Labour leader than David Miliband which can't be particularly encouraging for the latter.
                            David Milliband. What ever was that all about, eh? All the shitness of Blair, maybe even worse, with none of the talents.

Comment

IIRC David was supposed to be more charismatic than Ed and the wrong brother got the leadership. I'd have voted for Ralph personally.

Are our closet Tories voting for Phillips?
                              Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 15-12-2019, 11:42.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                IIRC David was supposed to be more charismatic than Ed
                                Only by people who had never met, heard, or read him, surely? Or by people who use "charismatic" to mean "right-wing".

Comment

And Emily Thornberry removes her name from the list of candidates

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/12...caroline-flint

Comment

Foolishly, I thought that link might be to a story about Thornberry removing her name from the list of candidates. When will I learn?

Comment

Lisa Nandy seems keen. My Labour mate from Wigan rates her (he is a Remainer and Corbyn fan too)...She seems too keen to pander to the 'legitimate concerns' crowd imo.

Comment

Hard to get very excited about this one. It's like the Tories when they chose Hague - the winner will not be PM. It'll be Long Bailey I guess, tho Corbyn sticking around may damage her chances - she'd do better if he stepped aside faster and his supporters could see him as martyred, rather than being able to watch him sitting through PMQs and Brexit votes.

Comment

Given Johnson’s performance so far I think it’s highly unlikely That we will be operating in what we have hitherto thought of as an ordinary democracy in 5 years.

We need to look at Hungary the USA, India and Brazil to see the direction of travel, but I don’t think Corbyn’s presence at PMQ’s is the biggest worry.

Comment

Have I missed anyone out, BTW? Looks like I'll be able to swap out Miliband, (I assume that someone will eventually vote for Starmer). David Lammy, perhaps?

Comment

Miliband isn't even eligible, is he?

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                                                Foolishly, I thought that link might be to a story about Thornberry removing her name from the list of candidates. When will I learn?
                                                In hope or expectation?

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                                                  Miliband isn't even eligible, is he?

Not sure. Perhaps one of our Labour Party members can clarify whether or not a leadership contender has to be in Parliament?

Comment

Working...
                                                  X