X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://twitter.com/tony_wright97/status/1352769584085037058/photo/1

Comment

Comment

I do actually make banana bread. Or if I don't have time for that, I just mash a banana up and mix it with oats and milk for banana porridge. Or we make biscuits with oats, mashed banana, raisins and cinnamon. It's rare that a banana gets thrown out in our house.

In our last shop though, we couldn't get hold of any bananas. I don't know if it's Brexit or Covid or a combination, but lots of staple items weren't available in the online shop this week.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Vicarious Thrillseeker View Post
            So, so good....
            Praise be, there's now a volume 2:

Comment

This seems to be how it works

Comment

Comment

https://twitter.com/marie_kate2/status/1359432413546500096?s=11

Comment

You seem to have misread "LOLs" as "nightmare fuel" there, Sean... don't mind me, I'll just be changing my boxer shorts. And trousers. Then I'll fumigate the house. Exorcise my PC. Call a therapist.

Comment

Many a true word spoken in f*cking jest, eh...

Comment

Nice

Comment

Not a fucking clue...

Comment

Me neither

Comment

You can embarrass your daughters by asking them

Comment

I'll try that

4/20 is some Grateful Dead related dope smoking thing I believe. 69 is a sex position. How they fit together and what the "nice" thing signifies are beyond me

Comment

My daughter's birthday is on the 20th of April and I get that question about three times as week. 69 days seems about right at this time of the year. I think it must have been yesterday.

Not that I have any idea either about the hidden meaning here.
                                  Last edited by Belhaven; 11-02-2021, 10:47.

Comment

My knowledge was the same level as ad hoc. But apparently the custom of responding to mentions of 69 with "nice" dates back to (naturally) the nomination of Merrick Garland as a Supreme Court Justice and the Obama administration tweeting that there was 69% support for him being approved.

Comment

April 20th is "weed day". Also Hitler's birthday. These facts are unconnected. Meanwhile...

Comment

Originally posted by Etienne View Post
                                        My knowledge was the same level as ad hoc. But apparently the custom of responding to mentions of 69 with "nice" dates back to (naturally) the nomination of Merrick Garland as a Supreme Court Justice and the Obama administration tweeting that there was 69% support for him being approved.
                                        To be honest, I think that by the time I'd unpacked all that, I'd have missed the next joke.

Comment

I was also at the ad hoc level of knowledge on that "nice" thing. Useful to be forewarned against that kind of witless inanity I guess.

Comment

Harmless fun EEG.
                                            You should try it sometime, it's good to not always be 'on'.

Comment

I have to admit, having two teenagers, I've come to appreciate the sly pervasive humour of memes in dinner table conversation.

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post
                                                I have to admit, having two teenagers, I've come to appreciate the sly pervasive humour of memes in dinner table conversation.

I'm quite surprised what they think their parents don't know, especially when it comes to sex and to a lesser extent drugs. Which can be a bit of a challenge. So when they start chuckling at what they think only clued-in kids know about, like "69," I have to fight the urge to send them an image of some piece of pottery from about 2,000 B.C.

Comment

Mrs WOM says the key is to keep a straight face and let the kids assume you know what they're talking about, then piece it together through context. She's a grade 6,7,8 teacher and picks up all manner of insider information this way. Makes us both seem a bit more au courant with the youth.

Comment

I'm quite surprised what they think their parents don't know,
                                                    Their teachers too, probably, if they're following the pattern of my generation. Like the kids in my fourth form class (that's age 14-15 for those not familiar with British school year numbering from back in the day) who thought they were having a sly private joke by asking our Latin teacher questions in front of the whole class about the word "cum".

Comment

Working...
                                                    X