Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Dis-United Kingdom Thread - (Indyref 2, United Ireland poll, Welsh independence)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ish-government

Comment

I have no idea what the requisite standard is in Scottish law, but that would be a very difficult case to win over here, especially given that none of the verdicts were unanimous.

Comment

Thanks, again. TBH, I'm really still none the wiser as to what separates the two factions unless it's that one side is a bit more cautious in its pursuit of Scottish independence than the other.

Comment

I think that's it, as well as the normal personality clashes you get in any long term grouping.

Comment

It strikes me as classic personality/clientilist factional politics of the kind one sees in Japan's LDP

Comment

Originally posted by pebblethefish View Post
              Doesn't that sound a bit... Brexity?
              Wales is Brexity.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                Wales is Brexity.
                However, Plaid don't play to that gallery. It seems such an obvious thing. Use the same slogans. "After Snowdonia Saturday it's time for Wales to take back control" etc
                Last edited by Patrick Thistle; 25-03-2020, 06:45.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                  Define viable Paul, especially as Brexit destroys the U.K. balance sheet. Anyway, this isn't the time for Kevin Hague style arguments.
                  Never mind that shite. Being part of the Union means Dominic Cummings can have a good go at killing your mam while trying to prove an ideological point. This is surely the thing that can't be forgiven or condoned.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                    It strikes me as classic personality/clientilist factional politics of the kind one sees in Japan's LDP
                    It's also a division on gender self id. Generally the Cherry/Salmond faction is more amenable to Trumpist/Wings over Scotland populism, puts independence above all else (at least until Covid)

Comment

Originally posted by pebblethefish View Post

Doesn't that sound a bit... Brexity?
                      There's a material difference between Welsh people worried about English holiday home owners turning rural communities into holiday-let ghost towns then turning up en masse to overwhelm massively overstretched public services during a pandemic and the anti migrant sentiment that drove brexit imo

Comment

Originally posted by Bizarre Lw Triangle View Post

There's a material difference between Welsh people worried about English holiday home owners turning rural communities into holiday-let ghost towns then turning up en masse to overwhelm massively overstretched public services during a pandemic and the anti migrant sentiment that drove brexit imo
                        Just a tad.

Llandovery has been suffering from bikers during this crisis, it's just fucking ridiculous.

Bikers congregating in a rural town confronted by angry residents

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...wsApp_AppShare
                        Last edited by Antepli Ejderha; 26-03-2020, 14:46. Reason: Link added

Comment

Working...
                        X