Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Dis-United Kingdom Thread - (Indyref 2, United Ireland poll, Welsh independence)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure if Farage et al had lost 48-52, they would have been agitating for a new referendum and demanding democracy. So that tweeter is tweeting shit.

Comment

There's no such thing as legally binding when it comes to referendums in the U.K., Parliament always remains sovereign.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
        There's no such thing as legally binding when it comes to ...the U.K

Comment

Oh yeah, the GFA, Britain then.

Comment

https://twitter.com/rosscolquhoun/status/1316350169324154882

it's over, bar the pinshiners. Good luck everyone in England who's not a Tory cunt.

Comment

And if the cunts refuse another referendum what next?

Comment

War

Comment

I'd imagine that should the Nats gain a majority without Green support needed WM will grant a ref, but with ridiculous conditions attached, unlike when Cameron negotiated the terms in pretty good faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                    I'd imagine that...WM will grant a ref, but with ridiculous conditions attached
                    • Yes will need a threshold of 65%
                    • Property qualification to vote
                    • Electorate will include any residents of England who can remember the last time the Tartan Army qualified for a tournament

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Gardner View Post
                      • Yes will need a threshold of 65%
                      • Property qualification to vote
                      • Electorate will include any residents of England who can remember the last time the Tartan Army qualified for a tournament
                      Voting limited to the over 30s

Comment

Fish cunt Gove was agreeing with that spurious fraud Galloway on extending the Franchise to all Proud Scots living in the Blessed United Kingdom as well, the fish cunt.

Comment

Galloway’s all in for Trump as well, the arsehole.

A guy I know who was a journalist and is now a lawyer was at a party in Aberdeen 30 years ago when he heard someone talking such right wing shite he could bear it no longer and gave him ‘a rap in the pus.’ Not sure that spelling is right, but it was Michael Gove.

Comment

Jacob Rees-Mogg has described the Welsh Government's move to stop people from lockdown areas in England travelling to Wales as "unconstitutional".

Can someone point me in the direction of this fucking constitution?

Comment

It's halfway up the Wrekin with an empty flask of tea. Then fog descends, takes away all visibility.

Don't be too harsh on Jake. Liverpool's uncertain start to the season has disconcerted him

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Beast View Post
                                Galloway’s all in for Trump as well, the arsehole.

A guy I know who was a journalist and is now a lawyer was at a party in Aberdeen 30 years ago when he heard someone talking such right wing shite he could bear it no longer and gave him ‘a rap in the pus.’ Not sure that spelling is right, but it was Michael Gove.
                                Apparently North American, but always thought "puss" was an Irish phrase, personally.

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post

Apparently North American, but always thought "puss" was an Irish phrase, personally.
                                  It's definitely a phrase in Irish.

Comment

If the Irish left can be hard to follow at times, the Welsh right has become positively labyrinthine, with the Independent Alliance for Reform now joining the mix.

Comment

The Irish hard left is easy to follow. Its made up of upper middle class, fee paying school cunts rebelling against their parents, or stone cold narcissists trying to build a local empire for themselves, while farming anger and sounding secular holy.

All are opposed to tax rises in general, and all are opposed to wealth taxes in particular. It's almost like they are a bunch of con men farming rage and peddling undeliverable utopian bollocks, while destroying any possibility of fixing any of our problems.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post

It's definitely a phrase in Irish.
                                        And also in Scots.

By way of example - Oh Jean by The Proclaimers
                                        I'd never been lucky with girls I confess, don't know who to blame for my lack of success,
                                        'Cause even with ones up the back of a bus, there was always the risk of a slap in the puss,
                                        But Jean, oh Jean, you let me get lucky with you....

Comment

I've never heard puss/pus meaning mouth here in Dublin. Or from midlands/Donegal culchies. Mibees my circles are eh refined.

Comment

I've heard it ,but not in a while. It would have been used in the 70s and 80s .Anyway ,nobody doubts the refined circles you move in since you shook the dust of D7 off your Brogues.

Comment

Originally posted by The Red Max View Post

And also in Scots.

By way of example - Oh Jean by The Proclaimers
                                              I'd never been lucky with girls I confess, don't know who to blame for my lack of success,
                                              'Cause even with ones up the back of a bus, there was always the risk of a slap in the puss,
                                              But Jean, oh Jean, you let me get lucky with you....
                                              Spooky! Never heard (of) that song before, and just as I'm reading your post, up it comes on Spotify.

And I've heard "smack you in the puss" before but I've always associated it with Noo Yoick, maybe in a B&W film. Maybe that's an Irish connection.

Comment

I didn’t know about any use in any other country but Scotland, and not a huge chunk of Scotland at that. But that’s why I come on here.

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
                                                  I've heard it ,but not in a while. It would have been used in the 70s and 80s .Anyway ,nobody doubts the refined circles you move in since you shook the dust of D7 off your Brogues.
                                                  ha, Balbriggan is the definition of Salt of de Eart'. Skerries down the road might have pretentions to Malahideness tho.
                                                  Last edited by Lang Spoon; 16-10-2020, 20:14.

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post
                                                    If the Irish left can be hard to follow at times, the Welsh right has become positively labyrinthine, with the Independent Alliance for Reform now joining the mix.
                                                    They just can't work together. There will be 6 parties by the time the elections come round. Not that I'm complaining. Keep splitting that union vote, guys.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X