Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which MPs do you most want to see unseated tonight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which MPs do you most want to see unseated tonight?

Even if it all goes to shit, which individual defeats would give you most satisfaction?

1. Johnson, naturally
    2. Hancock, utterly mendacious
    3. Barclay, our MP and Brexit idiot

1. Daniel Kawczynski

2. Daniel Kawczynski

3. Daniel Kawczynski

Comment

Liam Fox, because it'd mean my vote actually counted for something for a change.

Won't be holding my breath, though.

Comment

Johnson, Raab and Patel

Comment

1. IDS
          2. B Johnson
          3. D Raab

edit - if there's any chance of Patel going, I'd put her at number one. I didn't think there was though

Comment

Tories. Any Tories. It'll be hilarious if Johnson got Portilloed, but in the end the important thing is the number of Tory seats getting reduced. You can but hope.

Comment

Any and all Tories. And Swinson.

Comment

We know that Johnson would be given another safe seat asap but I wonder if Raab or Patel would be told to fuck off?

Comment

Laurence Robertson - this election has made me hate a man I have never met. Just by reading up on him, I physically despise the guy. For his safety, I'm glad he doesn't canvass around here because I may have done something stupid.

Comment

Nigel Cuntybaws Dodds.

Comment

Cannot disagree with anyone. Surprised Gove hasn't been mentioned yet.

Tories and DUP plus some of the Brexit Labour Party ones wouldn't be a disaster if it still kept the Tories out.

Comment

Hancock is my mum's local MP. She says he came and did a hustings in Haverhill. When there started being difficult questions about NHS, he apparently grabbed the mike and started blathering on about Corbyn and anti-semitism. She says the audience was roaring at him for deflecting and anyway, no-one's ever even seen a Jew in Haverhill and has no idea what the term 'anti-semitism' means. Hancock then shoved the host when he tried to get control of the mike back. Later, Hancock sent a tweet talking about the vast improvement of the Newmarket A&E. Newmarket hospital doesn't have an A&E department. Sadly though, he will probably still get in. Haverhill votes labour usually but it's drowned out by all the surrounding farmers and horse racers.

Comment

Wendy Morton
                          Suzanne Webb
                          Nigel Dodds & John Finucane
                          Emma Little Pengelly
                          Thangam Debonaire
                          Last edited by Duncan Gardner; 12-12-2019, 21:36.

Comment

1. Andrew Bowie (my MP)
                            2. Raab
                            3. Swinson

Comment

Johnson/Gove/Hancock/Rees-Mogg/Graham (Glos)/Raab/every fucker who's ever retweeted shit from alt-right accounts/Patel/Javid/Duncan-Smith/McVey...

How the holy fuck are we supposed to decide? Can anyone find one they don't want to lose their seat?

Things I have noticed about campaigning:

1. You feel better because you've done something

2. You feel worse because you're full of seething hate.

Comment

My kids have both been canvassing in Chingford.

they are optimistic.

Be great to see him gone

Comment

If the Conservatives won tonight, but Johnson lost his seat, I wouldn't care. Yes, the country would still be fucked, but it wouldn't affect me. I'd just watch the moment he realised, over and over and over again, until I died a happy man.

And Rees Mogg

Comment

Philip Davies in Shipley. Completely odious individual, and is Mr Esther McVey. And also formerly held pretty much the exact job I am doing now. He was reportedly a massive prick, unsurprisingly.

Comment

Well if Gary Streeter goes then surely the Conservatives would be truly fucked countrywide. He's about as safe as it gets, so him.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobachevsky View Post
                                        My kids have both been canvassing in Chingford.

they are optimistic.

Be great to see him gone
                                        You raised some decent kids. Unseat the ghoul.

Comment

As well as those mentioned, our local Tory MP John Stevenson. As well as the obvious, does absolutely f-all for the city.

Comment

[URL="https://mobile.twitter.com/BBCandrewkerr/status/1205283025661169665"]https://twitter.com/BBCandrewkerr/status/1205283025661169665[/URL]

Her tea's oot, surely.

Comment

Aside from all the obvious ones already cited, my local MP Alun Cairns.

Vale of Glamorgan is a bellwether marginal that's swung with the party with the overall majority/plurality of seats in every general election since 1992, when the Conservatives took it by 19 votes (the closest in the UK), which is 7 GEs in a row now. So it looked a genuine chance under normal circumstances, given that this was meant to be a close election plus his majority was down to c.2,200 last time around; in the event of any swing to Labour he'd be right in the firing line.

It looked especially so, though, ever since Cairns turned himself toxic recently. He "stepped down" from the Welsh Secretary post (the last remaining Cabinet member to have held the same position under Cameron, May and Johnson, I believe) a little over a month ago after – and I'll term this carefully – being "accused of lying about his knowledge of an allegation that a former adviser had sabotaged a rape trial".

A Guardian article from the time suggested there was pleasingly little sympathy for him even on the streets of Cowbridge: the prosperous market town that helps shore up the Conservative half of the vote here, and which when combined with the Con-voting rural parts of the Vale keeps things in a perpetual state of near-balance when weighed against the pretty much equal traditional-Labour vote from the large town of Barry. Add in his odious recent behaviour, which I think even against stiff competition probably tops anyone in his party in the last few weeks bar Johnson's, and it looked like a massive open goal to unseat him.

Local exit poll prediction tonight, according to BBC? 99% chance of Cairns retaining.
                                              Last edited by Various Artist; 13-12-2019, 01:36.

Comment

Hoey had already gone.

So nothing to cheer on there.

Comment

Working...
                                                X