Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll - UK General Election (Non-Registered Voters)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poll - UK General Election (Non-Registered Voters)

Brexit Party/UKIP
    0%
    Conservative
    0%
    Green
    10.00%
    Labour
    60.00%
    Liberal Democrats
    5.00%
    Plaid/SNP
    20.00%
    Other
    5.00%

Wish I still had a valid vote, but it has been 18 years since I've had my carcass planked in the UK. No fuckin way will any party agree on a diaspora vote like you'd get elsewhere.

Comment

I don't feel incredibly strongly, but at first thought I wouldn't agree to it either.

Comment

So the Irish in Britain can vote , but not the British in Ireland?

Comment

Yep. I can vote in Irish GE but.

Comment

If I had a vote it would be pointless; it would be at my parents seat which has a greater than 50% vote for the Conservatives.

Comment

As a non-registered voter I've just "voted" for Plaid.

Comment

Whatever happens (and I hope it leads to a Labour minority govt), Lesley Laird in Kirkcaldy needs to lose her seat. Emblematic of everything that's shit in Slab, invisible and incompetent as both Shadow Scotch Sec and as a constituency MP.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
                  So the Irish in Britain can vote , but not the British in Ireland?
                  British in Ireland can vote in Irish GE

Ireland has a reciprocal thing written into law I think. If Japan allowed Irish in Japan to vote in Japanese elections, then Ireland would allow Japanese in Ireland to vote in Irish elections.

At the moment it is only the British...

Comment

Part of the same quasi colonial arrangements as the common travel agreement, from Free State times.

Comment

I can't vote for the Irish Prez (and mostly so fucking what) or in Refs (sometimes a pisser) without becoming an Irish citizen. Apart from that, I have pretty much the same voting rights as a son of Erin.

Comment

Can you get an Irish passport Spoony? If I’d had an Irish grandparent (rather than only a great grandparent) I’d have already applied for one by now.

As for this vote, out of UK 21 years, lost it for good.

Comment

Yep I've lived here long enuf (and my job should help too) that it should be a formality, even though all my Irish ancestors are like not qualifying great great grandparents.

I'm too fuckin Fife to want to hand over the grand and change it needs but, at least while I still retain EU citizenship.

Ireland is second only to the U.K. in making gaining permanent residency/citizenship a disgusting cash cow for the State.

Comment

Have you checked the numbers for Oz?

Comment

I meant in the EU (it's pennies in Germany or France). Yeah, can imagine Oz being total cunts about it. God bless the Free Market Anglosphere.

Comment

The histogram looks so weird with Green getting the red bar and Labour the blue.

Comment

It's a YouGov plot.

Comment

They paid me well.

Comment

I just knew Ashcroft posted on here, makes sense he's a Chelsea spiv.

Comment

Busted.

Have you got any idea how bad the Internet service over here in Belize is?

Comment

The gak is just fantastic but.

Comment

It's only that, the sunshine, my 20-bedroom mansion and the infinitesimal tax burden that's keeping me here, TBH.

Comment

Poor poor NS.

Comment

I'm sorry, you're breaking up...

Comment

I vote Green in Germany but would vote Labour if registered in the UK thanks to the outmoded electoral system - and also because this time they have presented a sane and radical manifesto.

Is there anything about electoral reform in any party's manifesto?

Comment

Working...
                                                  X