No announcement yet.

The Way We Were

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Her own daughter won't go near her, so I suspect she's more trouble than she's worth.

Comment

Originally posted by beak View Post
      Lovely story, but I reckon you dodged a bullet there..
      Hell's bells beak, that's a bit of a rough metaphor to pick in the context of Courtney Love's romantic partners.

Comment

That was, indeed, the (crass) joke.

Comment

Ah sorry, I did wonder for a moment so should perhaps have given you the benefit of the doubt there...!

Edit: Just noticed how freakily close our post counts are. I presume we must rank adjacently on the all-time standings at present, considering.

Comment

Originally posted by Various Artist View Post
            Ah sorry, I did wonder for a moment so should perhaps have given you the benefit of the doubt there...!

Edit: Just noticed how freakily close our post counts are. I presume we must rank adjacently on the all-time standings at present, considering.

Can I join the gang?

Comment

Crikey. Yes indeed, welcome to the exclusive Club 7255-7305, NS! I'm going to have to look now and try to find out if there's any other potential members. Someone posted the rankings a while back, so there's some page where it's possible to check this stuff.

Comment

Hah, that was easy: it's the Member List linked at the top of the page, and you just click there on 'Posts' to reorder the list by number of posts. The three of us are, indeed, currently ranked #59, #60 and #61 respectively. Were we to extend our club's entry criteria to 7255-7355 we'd also snag Wouter, though, who right now is at #58 on... 7355.

Next comes longeared at #62 with 7236 and David Agnew at #63 with 7203, both also active posters right now. Our beloved leader Snake Plissken is #65 with 6881 and rising.

Comment

Was going to say that there's no closer margin between posters in the top 50, but then found #36 and #37, where Diable Rouge (14,165) overhauled evilC (14,164) only yesterday.

Similarly at #52 and #53 Renart (8456) is currently just one away from catching the late lamented Spearmint Rhino (8457) as I write. Then #54 and #55 are very close together too with Mumpo on 8377 and Hot Pepsi on 8359. This area of the rankings is clearly where the action is.

A caveat there though is that HP's previous account as Reed John still ranks #19 outright with 18,474. If he did what some other posters who got locked out of their accounts (e.g. MsD, Kevchenko) did and got Snake to merge his old and new accounts, he'd rank at #6 with 28,833 – less than 300 ahead of Bored, making it the closest gap in the top 10.

Even that combined tally would still be barely enough to cover the gap between the ursus collective's 65,135 65,136 65,137 65,138 and the next-best posters, it might be said. WOM is 2nd on 37,668 (27,470 behind) and Berba is 3rd on 36,174 (28,964 behind) – i.e. TAB's tally plus both of Reed's narrowly fail to match up with ursus'.

Meanwhile, I notice the long-gone Wyatt Earp's perennial status among the Top Ten most prolific posters (notwithstanding Reed's dual identities, as just noted) is on the verge of ending at last, some six and a half years since he departed – seemingly in the middle of an argument about Tony Benn, bizarrely. His 23,241 total is within touching distance now for Incandenza at #11 on 23,189 and counting.

Comment

It seems crackers to me that I have 7000+ posts here when, in my mind, I'm really not here that often and when I am I'm not posting much. Presumably I was putting a lot of work in 2010-15.

Comment

Those of you who remember the first iteration of this thread might recall the photo that kicked it off. Here are the same bunch, from the same shoot, looking a little happier... but not much, (except me for some reason.)

Comment

My mum posted this on Facebook yesterday. It's me age less than a year old.

Comment

Awww you cutie.

But what about the health and safety hazards! An infant on a table!

Comment

Originally posted by Balderdasha View Post
                            My mum posted this on Facebook yesterday. It's me age less than a year old.

Very sweet.

My mum was rather old-fashioned and usually put a fruit bowl in the middle of the dining room table.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post

Very sweet.

My mum was rather old-fashioned and usually put a fruit bowl in the middle of the dining room table.
                              Er...so do we...

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                                Er...so do we...
                                Yeah, but nowadays they have fruit in them. In the '70s, it was either just an empty bowl, or there were rubber grapes and plastic bananas in.

Comment

Yes, ours has as I type oranges, mandarins and a couple of kiwis.

Comment

Summer/Autumn 1965, just following the move from Bedfont to Maidenhead. Loved this bathroom. The photo only hints at the full glory of the black tile / grey tile combo, heavy pink bathroom suite and those amazing taps.

Comment

Summer of '93, I think, somewhere above 10,000 ft. in the Sierra Nevada north of Yosemite. Yours truly with the unfortunate mullet and Nature Conservancy cap.

Comment

Working...
                                      X