No announcement yet.

Dog adoption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just spent the last hour going back through the entire thread. Funnily enough the very first post in response to your (Sits's) one where you described meeting Emily for the first time was from dglh, and Phyllis was talked about right back on Page 1 too. A whole decade more, those two girls got – bravo the pair of you.

Comment

Prompted by Various Artist I went back to the beginning. I only made through the first two pages and I'm bawling. This thread is so beautiful and joyous and heartbreaking.

Comment

Various Artist yes I re-read those this morning too and noticed Phyllis cropping up. She (Emily) was a big girl back then wasn’t she! Femme Folle yes me too!
        Last edited by Sits; 16-10-2021, 03:49.

Comment

Oh boy. Phyllis was 8 weeks old when she arrived at 24th St where that fire was on page 1. I will find a way to get a picture of her up here over the weekend as I never did. You all met Buster through his separate login to zoom calls; he is snoring like a buzzsaw at my feet.

Buster is partly responsible for us figuring out Phyllis' withdrawing was not just "old dog" behavior - he is a a year younger. He is also the mascot of softball teams and the celebrity dog wherever he goes. Old, dim as shit, but the sweetest dog you would ever meet motivated 100% by approval, attention and love. Phyllis lost all that to her character over time but Buster is a different dog with different issues.

Comment

Glad to hear Buster is still loving being the centre of attention dglh!

Sorry/pleased to hear my digging back to the start of the thread provoked such a rollercoaster of emotions FF, I'm glad to hear I wasn't the only one though. Looking through it makes me want to try to find a couple of the old photos that I had hosted on Tinypic (and are consequently now missing) and reupload them to Imgur so I can edit them back into their right places in the historical record here. The one of my cat Cider on the desk looking at this thread where MsD's cat Milly is visible on screen, circa page 6 or 8, is one that I really feel ought to be reinstated.

Comment

Comment

That's really beautiful, Sits.

Good girl, Emily.

Comment

That's super Sits . A wonderful memory for you for a truly wonderful friend.

Comment

Sits Your daughter is very talented!

Comment

Femme Folle isnt she just? Mrs. S and I are mystified how. Actually my Mum could deliver a decent watercolour, but I reckon my girl could take commissions. Although she said she thinks it’s because she “got” Emily, knew how she felt, the shape of her etc. Oh dear.

Comment

The eyes are so lifelike. She's really nailed it and I agree that she could take commissions.

Comment

Christ, that's a brilliant image, Sits.

Comment

Good grief, yes that's astonishingly good Sits. You can almost feel the texture of her fur, quite apart from instantly recognising the personality in her eyes. You must feel very proud and blessed to have that as a permanent testament to her to look at.

Comment

Absolutely. She’s up on the wall now in pride of place. Not my daughter.

Comment

I though that was a photo. Wow.

Comment

So last week we "invested" £350 to have one of the glass doors at the back of our house removed and replaced with a new one, complete with a microchip controlled cat flap, which had a locking device on the inside so that the cat could be locked in on nights such as firework night. Mabel the kitten took not the slightest notice of her new door and would miaow away to be let in/out as appropriate.

Early yesterday morning, got the dogs ready for their first walk and let Mabel out as usual. Our walk started in the dry, but about a mile in it began to drizzle and then became heavier and heavier, so that when we'd done, the dogs and I were pretty wet. Was delighted to go into the kitchen to dry us all of to find Mabel already in, sitting on her table and licking a paw in a very pleased-with-herself way. When my wife work up I asked if she'd heard the rain and let the kitten it, but she'd slept right through. Really chuffed with Mabel who's now so pleased that she can come and go as she pleases that she's brought 2 mice into the house as a present for her new door (fortunately for us, if not the mice themselves, they were both dead). Someone will be getting a collar with a bell on it any day now...

Comment

We have had three murine gifts over the last couple of weeks. With the exception of Chipotle's Great Escape last week, the cats are indoor. Which suggests that this is where the presents are being acquired. The good news is that we have seen no physical manifestations of the infestations which suggests that the cats are actually doing their job, even if it is not the nicest thing when you go to relieve yourself first thing in the morning to see their offering just inside the bathroom door.

Comment

First snow experience for my lad, he had the time of his life. He is a natural up snowy hills!

Comment

That’s lovely in every way.

Comment

Mint. May I ask whereabouts in the world that is?

Comment

Originally posted by Various Artist View Post
                                            Darwen-ish. See Backpacks & Blisters thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Various Artist View Post
                                              Darwen Moor

Comment

Comment

We made a new addition to the family yesterday, another poodle mix with the same coloring as our other dog:

For reference, the old dog, Harley:

And the new dog:

(His name is Sebastian, and he and Harley are getting along just fine so far.)

Comment

Congratulations! A couple of crackers.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X