No announcement yet.

Dog adoption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Sits said. Looks like he's already chosen you.

You could probably do the neutering yourself with tools in your kitchen. I watch a lot of vet shows on TV and it looks dead simple.

Comment

Jeezus, M

It isn't post watershed where Sits is

Comment

I went back and forth about ending it with "J/K - do NOT try this at home, especially on a wide awake feral cat" but I think people here are smarter than the average FB user.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
          Jeezus, M

It isn't post watershed where Sits is
          <shock>

Comment

Originally posted by Femme Folle View Post
            I went back and forth about ending it with "J/K - do NOT try this at home, especially on a wide awake feral cat" but I think people here are smarter than the average FB user.
            I remember my Nan telling me back when I was a kid that there was a bloke in the village who did the job of neutering toms. No anesthetic or hygiene practice then, he'd shove the cat head first into a wellington boot and quickly nicked them out with his pocket knife then give the now empty bag a quick dab of iodine.

Comment

Snowy is as handsome as all hell, isn't he? The lovely, allergenic fuzzball.

Speaking of cats, I think I have been adopted as a cat's best friend recently. There is an adorable (and undeniably beautiful) grey-with-orange-eyes cat who lives in our block, who is often lounging around the car park whenever I go out for my post-work walk. As soon as she sees me, she's on her feet, purring loudly and winding herself between my shins. Either she likes me or she's trying to do me in by causing me to trip and bash my head off the kerb. Maybe it's both.

She's lovely, and I'm a bit smitten myself. Plus I find it incredibly funny when TLMG - who is not allergic to cats like I am, and who adores them - is with me and said feline will completely ignore her advances to get to me. Maybe there is something in that old line about cats being able to tell who has an allergy.
              Last edited by Toby Gymshorts; 06-01-2021, 12:00.

Comment

Peter got a new bed today. I think he likes it. I've already had to shoo Mickey away from it twice. Damn cats, they always think everything is theirs. I bought this new one because I had to throw out one of the older ones after Peter marked it and Mickey shat on it where Peter pissed. I'm shaking my head. Honestly, they're like animals.

Comment

The only comfort in the grief of losing a pet is the chance it offers to some other animal to become embraced by a loving owner.

Comment

So it's a couple of days since Snowy was neutered, and after feeling a bit sorry for himself since he's come in for tea today looking much brighter and with a healthy appetite.
                    At least he hasn't fallen out with us.

Comment

I took Peter to the vet's office to get his nails cut today ($14 well spent, btw). When the vet tech was walking him down the hall to return him to me, he saw me through the window and started pulling on his lead and barking. I'm getting a little verklempt even now just thinking about it. I am his person and he knows it. I love that little boy to bits.

Comment

What a beautiful vignette

Comment

When you know, you know. When they know, you know.

That must be so heartening, FF.

Comment

It’s lovely. You’ve done really well FF in a short time, especially considering how he was when he arrived and those challenging first weeks.

We took Emily for her 4-weekly Cartrophem arthritis injection this morning. Apart from the fact she falls over fairly regularly, she is pretty happy once we’ve helped her back up, and enjoys lots of sleeps and a very slow, short walk daily. She seems to quite like going to the vet now it’s a regular occurrence and they always make a fuss of her. Her weight has stabilised around 23.5kg. This compares with 40kg when she arrived, obese and 30kg before she began losing muscle mass around her hips and back legs. She was fifteen and a half last week. We’re allowed half birthdays now.

Comment

Forza Emily and Forza Peter.

Comment

Emily moments ago, living her best life.

Comment

Happy Half Birthday, Sweet Emily!

Comment

Thanks. She’s not moved since I took that photo. She’s set for the day until walkies.

Comment

Happy half birthday Emily and so pleased for Peter getting his paws under your table FF.

Comment

FF and Toby thank you. She stayed there most of the day, only venturing out to watch me doing a bit of gardening.

Comment

Pleased for you FF. Good girl Emily.

Comment

Always glad to hear you're being supervised out there Sits. Miss Emily is doubtless doing a fine job of keeping you at it, as ever.

Comment

Some wholesome news for a change:

https://people.com/pets/dog-stealing...orth-carolina/

Just look at him!

(picture from People magazine)

Comment

Ahh dogs.

Comment

So, is this the all-purpose dog thread or would the regulars like to keep it to adoptions only? I ask as a soon-to-be puppy owner.

We would've liked to get a rescue dog, but as first time dog owners* and reading the advice and doggy bios on my local rescue shelter websites I didn't feel we were experienced enough to take one on. So after quite a bit of research and contacting sellers, Mrs TrL has found us a cocker spaniel pup (family breeders, not some awful puppy farm). He'll be ready in approx. 5 weeks and apparently we can have FaceTime calls with him in the meantime (rolls eyes).

* Neither of us has owned a dog, but we both grew up with them in the family.

Comment

Third rate Leszno of course you’re welcome, it has definitely expanded into a general dog thread (and even cats <gasp>). Actually my daughter has recently adopted a challenging cat called Charlie, but that’s another story.

Best of luck with your pup. Sounds like you’re both more than ready.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X