No announcement yet.

Dog adoption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is that a record for likes on Peter's picture there?

Comment

Originally posted by MsD View Post
      I think Patrick Thistle got 20 or more for a post once, it was so he could share a photo.

Comment

Yeah, I'm an attention hound.

Comment

Comment

He's certainly settled in.

Comment

Very happy

Comment

Originally posted by MsD View Post
                I'd been off the boards for a week, so only just caught up with this thread – I needed some happy news, so I'm delighted to read FF's. And I've just become the 17th 'like' on Peter's portrait there. What a face, indeed. He looks a little cracker, so pleased the pair of you have found each other.

Comment

I'm really pleased you've found Peter, FF. You clearly have so much love to give to a dog, and he's lucky to be with you.

Comment

Thanks Various Artist
                    Balderdasha

Comment

Originally posted by Femme Folle View Post
                      Is this his onlyfans picture?!

Comment

When I saw that on FB on my phone, I thought FF was posting a picture of her dinner. He looks like rice on a plate. A Peter Risotto.

Comment

I think we're officially settled in now--Sam and Peter are hanging out with me in the bathroom. There's no barking. No drama. It's really nice.

Comment

Cool !

Comment

This morning I witnessed what can only be described as Olympian athlete-level skill displayed by Peter as he managed to lift his leg to pee while simultaneously arching his back to eject poop out of his bum. It was a thing of beauty--and efficiency.

Comment

Late to the party here, but FF’s new pooch looks lovely. Glad to hear he’s settling in and stopped the barking pdq.

Comment

Thank slackster He's great.

Comment

Here's Peter in the car today. I'm using Teddy's sling with the strap around the headrest. The bag swallows him, but it works for this.

Comment

Damn he's good looking.

Comment

It was nine years ago today we welcomed a 6-year-old, overweight (40kg) crossbreed rescue with dodgy hips. We could never have imagined Emily would still be here, very arthritic, 15 years 4 months and a mere 23kg. The arthritis injections are four-weekly now and she needs a fair bit more care, but she still enjoys life, especially her walks and lying on her rug in the sitting room.

Comment

Happy gotcha day Emily. Hope you have a great day and Sits spoils you with steak and scrambled eggs.

Comment

Originally posted by nmrfox View Post
                                            Happy gotcha day Emily. Hope you have a great day and Sits spoils you with steak and scrambled eggs.
                                            Thanks Foxy. Well steak and eggs might be a bit rich but she had her daily half a painkiller* in a nice cube of cheddar.

*vet’s orders.

Comment

Great to see the old girl still going strong and enjoying life.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
                                                This is Snowy.

He has been coming to the back door for food recently and we now see him most nights and some mornings. He was very timid at first and wouldn't let us approach, but now he will accept a fuss and rub against your leg. Sometimes he will come into the kitchen and look around, usually to see if Deedee has left some food in her bowl, but won't stay long.
                                                He seems fairly young and is a tiny little waif like thing, at least compared to Deedee who has the build and the appetite of a prop forward. He needs feeding up a bit and is now regularly consuming a couple of pouches a day and some biscuits.
                                                When he is confident enough we hope to capture him and get him to the vets to be checked for a chip and neutered if necessary, though at the moment they will only deal with emergencies. If he doesn't belong to anyone else we will see if he and Deedee can get along well enough to co-habit. At the moment he is in complete awe of Deedee. He follows her around the yard making cute little chirrupy noises which get the occasional reponse of a hiss back from Deedee but no violence. We think this is a good sign as had Deedee not wanted him around she would have swatted him one by now.
                                                So this little feller. He's been coming almost every day, sometimes twice or three times, but still doesn't seem keen on stopping more than an hour or two before his littlest hobo gene kicks in and he cries to go out, even on the coldest nights. We'd like him to stay longer but it's up to him in the end. We also know he visits other houses because he turned up with a spot on flea treatment on him a few weeks back.
                                                He still hasn't been neutered as our vets are still doing emergency only, and Sunday night he turned up on his third visit with dirt all over him and tufts missing from his neck, so we reckon a bigger tom cat has gone for him. As a result we've bitten the bullet and arranged, with the help of a local cat rescue woman, to get him neutered at Pets at Home (though this was booked before the new lockdown so I guess it's now pending) and this should be happening next week. The only hitch will be him, as he will need to turn up the evening before so local cat woman can take him to her cattery and hold him overnight to make sure he doesn't eat for twelve hours.
                                                We are going to hold back on a microchip for now because he still seems determined to be the wild rover for now, but we'll wait and see if neutering diminishes his wanderlust.

Comment

Here's a more up to date photo of him rolling around and playing.

Comment

Sean of the Shed good on you. He seems to be homing in on the right house.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X