No announcement yet.

Dog adoption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice one SB. Hope Chipotle (great name!) gets on well with the new housemates.

Comment

4 years ago to the day Ted and there isn't a day go by when i think of us Taking on an older dog is wonderful and so life affirming but when the bond is so close, saying goodbye hurts that bit more.

Comment

Too right Foxy. We bless every day with Emily.

Comment

Happy gotcha day Spud. 4 years since we took the poor misunderstood staffie on. We were his 6th owner in 7 years and whilst he's still got some insecurities, he's a great dog.

Comment

Congratulations you and Spud.

Comment

Happy gotcha day to Spud and his forever family.

Comment

Thanks both. I (deliberately) didn't mention it, but aside from his gotcha day steak tea, Spud got something else yesterday.... a new sister.

I didn't want to jinx it or say something too soon, but he and Nell have met a couple of times last weekend and as Mrs F no longer works and could dedicate some time with the two dogs, we decided to go for it once Nells vacination course had finshed. She's a rescue (of course!) 9 year old border collie and is extremely placid, calm and not at all aggressive. Shes taken to her new life really well and follows Spud around everywhere - except onto the TV sofa which is his domain. Whilst watching TV she just lays on my feet whilst Spud has cuddles with his mum. For a petite girl, she's about 2/3rds of the size of the border collie a few doors down for example, she certainly can snore as she pushed out the zzz's big time last night. Fortunately I was watching the snooker and therefore didn't mind not hearing the commentary. The circumstances of her being given up to the Sanctuary are possibly the truth - she was taken by a family from another family who they said mistreated her, and then her new family said they couldn't cope with her and surrendered her - but my wife's experience is that people will say anything just to give an animal up, and certainly the evidence so far with her is that she is absolutely no trouble at all, which doesn't quite tally with the not being able to cope line. However, their loss is certainly our households gain.

So far so extremely good.

Comment

doggy snores > Virgo

Excellent news foxy, congrats to you all.

Comment

Originally posted by nmrfox View Post
                    Happy gotcha day Spud. 4 years since we took the poor misunderstood staffie on. We were his 6th owner in 7 years and whilst he's still got some insecurities, he's a great dog.
                    With that many owners on his CV the poor lad must dread the door bell sounding.

Comment

Congrats on the new addition, nmrfox. The only reason I would never adopt a border collie is that I wouldn't want to live with a dog that was smarter than I am. Nell sounds like a sweetheart.

Comment

Wonderful news! Congratulations Mr. & Mrs. Foxy, Nell and Spud.

Comment

So today we had to say goodbye to our much loved Scraggy Cat. His breathing had been laboured these last couple of days and his appetite, which was usually very good, had tailed off. We took him to vets who confirmed what we suspected, that the fluid was once again starting to build up and this time his heart ws really struggling. We decided it was best that he was put to sleep as the return home would only have been for our benefit and even more detrimental to him. We stayed with him and he was purring right to the end.
                          He was a stray when he came to us and likely had six years that he may not have had otherwise, and more than two extra years thanks to the vets after they first diagnosed his breathing and heart trouble.
                          As sad as we feel right now we're grateful that we got that time with him and gave him the best life possible when he adopted us as his housekeepers.

Comment

Comment

So sorry to hear that, as you say,you had some great years.

Comment

Very sorry for your loss Sean. What you wrote was very touching.

Comment

So sorry for your loss.

Comment

Really sorry to hear this Sean. The purring to the end part got to me. I still remember going with my dad to have our cat put down, she was the greatest pet I've ever had but a tumour got her. She also kept on purring.

Comment

So sorry Sean. I am absolutely terrified of the day I have to say goodbye to one of our pets.

Comment

I'm so sorry, Sean. It's a horrible feeling even when you know you're doing the right thing.

Comment

So very sorry to hear of your loss Sean. It may be of little consolation now but by adopting Scraggy as you both did, you gave him the best in his autùmn years and you'll have some wonderful memories for your selfless gesture in giving him a fantastic loving and warm home.

Comment

I can only echo what Foxy said Sean. You did a lovely thing by that lovely cat.

Comment

Thank you all for your kind words, it means a lot to us. I've woken up early as I always do expecting to be told that it's time for breakfast. Ho hum, going to have to get out for a while today I reckon.

Comment

Having had our home approved by the adoption people, I'm going to the Furbabies Cat Rescue centre tomorrow to pick up Dalila.

She is about 5-6 years old and has been there longer than the other cats there. The house has seemed empty since we lost Scraggy and it's time to do something about it.

Comment

Oh! Awesome!

Comment

Excellent news! She's a beauty.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X