Dog adoption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dog adoption

Fifth adoption anniversary today. Eleven years young.

Comment

Dog adoption

A lovely quentin.

Comment

Dog adoption

She's ridiculously gorgeous Sits. Happy New Year to you all down there – how's 2017 so far?

Comment

Dog adoption

I've now got a certain rescued moggy using this thread for purposes of his own:

Phwoarrrr.

Comment

Dog adoption

About 3 months ago, we rescued Tabasco. She's about 8 years old, and generally pretty shy and quiet.

Then, we rescued Chipotle, who was only a couple of months old. I'm not sure if it counts as rescue when they're kittens, because they're so damned adorable they last about 4 hours in the shelter before someone adopts them. He is a psychotic terror, but the cutest terrorist you ever saw. The only way we can get a non-blurry picture is when he's sleeping

Comment

Dog adoption

Awwwwwwwwwwww

Comment

Dog adoption

Sits wrote: Fifth adoption anniversary today. Eleven years young.
                Awww! (S)he looks like a perfectly healthy and happy dog. I would never guess he/she is eleven! :-)

(edit: I don't know what all these cat pictures are doing here! Hey! Who's this in your thread?! It's a cat! There's a cat in your thread! Go get 'em!)

Comment

Dog adoption

She, Clive – this is Miss Emily, as can be seen if we look back at Sits' previous posts in this thread. You were advising him about her before he'd even got her, if you go back to page 1... and indeed before he was even 'Sits'.

Apologies for the cat intrusion. Cider has agreed to stay off my desk when I'm on OTF, after I let him Facetime my auntie's cat tonight to say Happy New Year.

Well, OK, we humans were speaking to my aunt and family, but my cousin held their cat up to the iPad their end so we 'put him on the line' so to speak. They'd never seen each other before and he was dozing in a corner of the sofa at the time, but he perked up and started paying attention when this cute female moggy started moving in his field of vision.
                  I think it might be love at first sight. Internet dating service for cats, here we come.

Comment

Dog adoption

You can call it "PussySwipe".

Comment

Dog adoption

Isn't that what Trump was caught boasting about doing?

Comment

Dog adoption

Various Artist wrote: I've now got a certain rescued moggy using this thread for purposes of his own:

Phwoarrrr.
                        He's looking at my Milly!

She's single, likes boy cats. Likes chasing string and playing pouncey games.

Comment

Dog adoption

He's tall(ish), dark and handsome, hates boy cats and frankly scared of girl cats as well. Likes fleeces, kneading, and stealing people's seats. Enjoys short walks and long snoozes afterwards. GSOH.*

(*Good Sitter On Humans.)

Comment

Dog adoption

He's very cute.

Comment

Dog adoption

Heh, butter wouldn't melt, eh? I'll pass your compliments on to Cider, MsD. I could equally have claimed GSOH meant Great Sleeper On Humans, given his propensity for clambering onto my lap and falling asleep while I'm typing things like this; he's too dark to photograph easily like that though, so the above will have to do.

I know his name makes no sense on a black-brown cat, by the way (perhaps he has a pale golden sibling called Guinness), but it was chosen by his original owners who are clearly idiots: I talked about him a couple of years ago on, erm, "The dog thread" when that too got sidetracked into all things feline (there's a pattern here), again in response to you and Sits funnily enough. They dumped him "temporarily" with their "friends" who are our neighbours, in 2012 – then never came back for him or contacted them again. Suffice to say, after a couple of years or more of awkward limbo (do we allow him in? do we feed him? do we let next door keep caring for him? do we wait for his 'real' owners to turn up again?) he lives fully on this side of the fence now... occasional exploratory perambulations notwithstanding, of course. And he's much happier for it, which is what matters.

The cats that next door had when he arrived, the elder of whom refused to accept him in his territory, have both died since, and they got two kittens this last year – which has added a whole new dynamic. He clearly cuts them a good deal of slack as they're small, though tends to run out of patience relatively quickly when they come through the fence. Which is a bit of a shame as they clearly find him absolutely fascinating: there's a kind of hero-worship going on for the male one, I think. He doesn't really know what to make of the female, which is about par for the course for him, the poor lad.

Comment

Dog adoption

MsDayglo wrote: ... and playing pouncey games.
                                There is a word for that, and that word is "(to) pronk*".

Comment

Dog adoption

Phoebe the (temporary) orphan, on her Christmas holidays.

Comment

Dog adoption

That looks like some unwanted, ahem ... attention going on in that pic.

Comment

Dog adoption

Hard to say. She does "inscrutable" better than any dog I know.

Comment

Dog adoption

Muskrat, seventeen years old, born feral, trapped at seven weeks old, been living with me/us since he was twelve weeks old. Here he is demonstrating the "forgot to put tongue away after a wash" look.

Comment

Dog adoption

[instagram]instagram.com/p/BOswi2PgfUf/[/instagram]

Comment

Dog adoption

OK, that's "Awwwww"s all round. Lovely stuff.

I particularly like Muskrat's expression, wibl.

Comment

Dog adoption

That's a fine dog Reed.

I must say that Muskrat is a hard looking bastard. I admire that in a cat of his incredible age.

Comment

Dog adoption

Comment

Dog adoption

Thanks for the comments re Musky, he was very appreciative of the kind words.

Next, here's the two sisters Floriana and Philadelphia. Ten years old now, they were from an accidental litter of the cat of one Mrs Flibl's colleagues.

Flori

Phili, showing off her stumpy little tail

She had an accident when about six months old - we think she was climbing on a flat roof extension and fell when the guttering gave way under her - and ended up with a broken back right leg and a tail that was starting to die a few inches from the end. She wasn't insured at the time.

Loving the dog pics btw. We plan to get a dog when the cats are down to a more sensible number. So hopefully not for a good few years yet.

Comment

Dog adoption

Amor de Cosmos wrote: Phoebe the (temporary) orphan, on her Christmas holidays.

I actually thought that there were two dogs in this picture, and they were... busy.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X