X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rafa looks an absolute cracker TrL.

Comment

Originally posted by MsD View Post
      Sorry that sounds sterner than I meant, one of my friends still laughs about the long “why you shouldn’t get a cat” email I sent her years ago. Not long after that she adopted Milly as a stray, which was a good thing to do, but Milly ended up with me about a year later.
      No need to apologise. Those considerations are exactly why I haven't bought any guinea pigs yet. I'm only going to get them if I'm certain I can devote enough time to them (which right now I probably can't guarantee).

Comment

Originally posted by nmrfox View Post
        Rafa looks an absolute cracker TrL.
        Cheers Foxy, he is indeed.

Comment

oi my pup is called Rafa too.

mine is after Van der Vaart.

hes a lab collie cross.

eats everything

Comment

Nice one, how old is he? Bet he's a lively bugger with that parentage.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobachevsky View Post
              oi my pup is called Rafa too.

mine is after Van der Vaart.

hes a lab collie cross.

eats everything
              Naming a pet after a player for your team comes with a risk. A friend of mine once named her cat after a new signing we made, who promptly picked up an injury pre season and left without playing a game, and a few years later did time in prison for fraud. The cat carried his name for another 15 years.

Comment

yep but rafa is long gone and he leaves the glorious memory of his 70s throwback genius.

he's very lively and strong minded. I didn't take much notice of peoplesaying puppies are gard work.

I know better now.

Comment

My little chap is arriving on the 22nd, a bit earlier than expected but I don't know what's going to happen with work on 21.6 so best take advantage of me being at home...

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post

Naming a pet after a player for your team comes with a risk. A friend of mine once named her cat after a new signing we made, who promptly picked up an injury pre season and left without playing a game, and a few years later did time in prison for fraud. The cat carried his name for another 15 years.
                    Who was that?

Comment

Comment

He is a killer already, them toys are getting it!

Comment

TRL - once the little chap is up to speed with hix vax stuff (mid-July latest, depends on what he gets), a trip to the beach will be on the cards, I'll ping you closer to the date to arrange summat!

Comment

He looks like a little cracker MS. Good luck with your house training.

Edit* by which I mean his house training, I'm sure you're already house trained

Comment

Moonlight Shadow congratulations! He’s a cracker. What is he and what’s his name?

Edit: sorry, now read back to your original post. Trig?

Comment

He is a mongrel, dad is a Lakeland Terrier, mum is half Lakeland, half Jack Russell. He takes from his dad, a proper hard little bastard from a tough hood that one but we want him to be a tough lad for all that hiking....

Comment

Sounds great.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight Shadow View Post
                                    TRL - once the little chap is up to speed with hix vax stuff (mid-July latest, depends on what he gets), a trip to the beach will be on the cards, I'll ping you closer to the date to arrange summat!
                                    Yeah, that would be great. Trig looks a grand little chap.

Rafa is progressing nicely, trying to stop him biting fuck out of my arms though, by shoving a soft toy into his jaws. He takes food from my hand as soft as you like but when he plays he's all teeth. He's also a bit whiny when he feels like he's missing out on something exciting (ie everything!).

Comment

Originally posted by Third rate Leszno View Post

Yeah, that would be great. Trig looks a grand little chap.

Rafa is progressing nicely, trying to stop him biting fuck out of my arms though, by shoving a soft toy into his jaws. He takes food from my hand as soft as you like but when he plays he's all teeth. He's also a bit whiny when he feels like he's missing out on something exciting (ie everything!).
                                      He is has settled rather well, took to his crate very well, first two nights have been easy by puppy standards (one night pee). Gets bitey when he is tired (which is our clue that nap is required), he is a right beast with his toys, his breed instincts are well there.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight Shadow View Post
                                        He is a mongrel, dad is a Lakeland Terrier, mum is half Lakeland, half Jack Russell. He takes from his dad, a proper hard little bastard from a tough hood that one but we want him to be a tough lad for all that hiking....
                                        I've never seen a Lakeland or a JR with that colouring. He must have some Rottweiler or Doberman too (or Manchester Terrier--those are black and tan too).

He's cute though, whatever he is.

Comment

Mollie says hi to Rafa and Trig, fine looking hounds, the pair of them.

Comment

Comment

Trig looks like a little belter there MS - congrats to you all!

Comment

and from that pic you can be nostalgic about your pristine carpet.

Comment

Seeing this thread pop up again has reminded me that I haven't shared any pics of our new one. Here's Tommy, nine and a bit weeks old now:

Named after Tommy Fleetwood, whose floppy mullet always made us think of a canine somehow. This one will need a haircut soon enough.

Comment

Congrats Auntie!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X