No announcement yet.

Dog adoption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All the best, FF - you and another good dog deserve each other.

Comment

Thanks, you guys. I think the call with the rescue went well tonight, but they keep saying they have already have an application for him and that they will let me know if it falls through. I wonder if either of the women who posted on the rescue's FB page are the ones being considered. They both seemed flaky and I wouldn't pick either of them. I can't imagine this little dog with anyone but me. I know that's weird to say, having never even met the dog, but I can't explain it. I just feel it.

Comment

I got an email today saying the other application fell through, so they're considering mine now. They've phoned my references and now they want photos of my apartment. It's a mess and naturally my boss is being extra needy and I don't know when I'll have a chance to tidy up. I'm a nervous wreck right now and would like to tell my boss to chill, but I know he's getting pressure from his boss. The timing just couldn't be worse for another rush project. Besides, I'm so excited that I can't even concentrate on this stupid loss run.

Comment

Why do they need photos? Do dogs care about an untidy apartment? I'd even say that the messier, the better: shows it's animal-friendly and not a pristine space where accidental pooing and pissing would be a complete no-no.

Comment

Be selective with your camera angles FF. Best of luck x

Comment

Good luck FF, we're all wishing for this to happen.

Comment

yup-we’re all rooting for you

I’m sure the collective OTF photoshop posse can tidy your room for you, FF.

and hang on in there

Comment

^ seconded. Keep believing FF.

Comment

I'm going to meet him tonight and he might be coming home with me!

Comment

YAY!

Comment

Fearful of a Femme Folle post proclaiming that he turned out to be a dick and bit her pinky off.

Comment

Haha! Nothing like that happened. He is the cutest little thing. He weighs 5 lbs and has a sassy little strut when he walks. He took to me right away--so he seems very friendly and outgoing. I could have brought him home tonight, but since I only found out this afternoon that I was going to be getting him, I wasn't really prepared. On the way home from meeting him, I went to the pet shop and purchased an enclosure (that I hope will fit in my apartment somewhere--I used to have one for Teddy, but I only used it outdoors and it was a fairly decent size). I also bought him a new carrier and some food and training treats.

He's so tiny compared to Teddy, but has every bit of that poodle attitude. I think Teddy would approve of this adoption. Oh, his name is Peter and I'm not changing it.

Comment

PETER!

Comment

Wonderful

Comment

What sort of name for a dog is Peter?!!

Comment

Marvellous news! We had a cat called Peter and I think its a brilliant name. Really pleased for you both.

Comment

Great news, FF and Peter.
                                    X

Comment

This is excellent news, and animals with regular human names are just the best.

Forza Femme Folle, forza Peter.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
                                        What sort of name for a dog is Peter?!!
                                        Peter the Poodle, it seems obvious really.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
                                          This is excellent news, and animals with regular human names are just the best.
                                          Completely agree TG. The fox family rollcall of pet names -

Dogs: Ted, Tilly, Spud (that was his given name and as our youngest vegetarian daughter was nicknamed Spud, we felt it was appropriate for another of the family to use), Nell, Max
                                          Cats: Wincey (ok, we let our 5yo daughter name the kitten), Keith, Dougal, Pete(r), Wilson, Mia

Comment

Not much good news about, but this has really cheered me up.-and I don’t even like dogs

every happiness to P. Poodle & FF.

Comment

What they all said FF, wonderful news.

Comment

PP and FF - sounds almost musical. All the best to you both!

Comment

First time I've caught up with this thread for a few weeks and this is fantastic news FF. Here's hoping for many happy years ahead for you and Peter. You seem to be a perfect match.

Comment

Can he be debuted on one of our zooms?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X