Pick and mix Quality Street

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pick and mix Quality Street

In a John Lewis near you. Get your name printed on the old style proper tin. Try the new "exclusive chocolates" - a nutty truffle and a 'caramel brownie' (awfully sweet)

Which chocs would you pick for your tin?

Caramel barrel. That's about it.

Comment

You can leave out the teeth destroying toffees and the fruity ones. I'd probably pack it with the purple nutty one, the green triangle thing, and the coconut one.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
        Caramel barrel. That's about it.

That's a Cadbury Rose, isn't it?

Comment

Ah. I'm not really a sweets man. The round one with gold wrapper and some kind of white/red band over that then.

Comment

Me neither. Lindor chocolate balls if forced.

Comment

They are nice. I'd rather a big rectangular bar of the Lindt creamy as fuck milk chocolate but. That's like sugary crack.

Comment

The weirdly-shaped one with the nut in it.

All chocolate is improved by the presence of nuts.

Comment

The green triangles.

Comment

Yes green triangles, toffee brick, round toffee, choc coated toffee stick, nougat brick.

Can you see a theme there?
                    Last edited by Sits; 07-11-2019, 11:27.

Comment

[QUOTE=Jah Womble;n2217817[

All chocolate is improved by the presence of nuts.[/QUOTE]

I'm odd but for me all chocolate is improved by the absence of chocolate.

Comment

They're all fine aside from the orange and strawberry cream ones. And I could happily be rid of the coconut ones too.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                          The weirdly-shaped one with the nut in it.

All chocolate is improved by the presence of nuts.
                          What the actual fuck? Even nuts aren't improved by the presence of nuts.
                          Do you put lime cordial in lager too? Or coke in red wine?

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post

Or coke in red wine?
                            Very popular in Pamplona in San Fermín.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post

Very popular in Pamplona in San Fermín.
                              Seriously? People really mix wine and cola? That's worse than all those awful food combinations mentioned on that thread a few weeks ago.

If anybody asked for a wine & cola at the hut, I'd take a putter to them.

Comment

Kalimotxo.

Comment

I remember shuddering when I first encountered that atrocity more than 30 years ago.

Not surprising that it is big amongst bull botherers.

Comment

Hungarians drink it too. They call it "hunter". I think it's a way of making bad wine palatable, but I see people drinking quaffable table wine that way too.

weirdos

Comment

Kalimotxo.
                                      I've just found out that the German name for it is "kalte Muschi" (cold fanny), which is probably a mispronounciation of "kalimotxo".

Never come across kalte Muschi ("Mr. Llewellyn! You've reverted to that paleolithic diet again, haven't you?") in 30 years of living here.

Comment

I'd try red wine and coke. I could see that working.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post
                                          What the actual fuck? Even nuts aren't improved by the presence of nuts.
                                          Do you put lime cordial in lager too? Or coke in red wine?
                                          Of course I don’t, you absolute nugget. I mean, do you have a problem with ‘ingredients’ per se?

Whatever, if you have a problem with nuts you should probably move planet.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                                            Of course I don’t, you absolute nugget. I mean, do you have a problem with ‘ingredients’ per se?

Whatever, if you have a problem with nuts you should probably move planet.

You should have called him a nougat.

Comment

I could quite happily make myself sick on the strawberry and orange ones. So this year I probably will. Apparently Costco are selling a 2kg tin...

Comment

Kalimotxo.
                                                Indeed. I have a Basque co-worker who loves the stuff. I can't even be doing with sangria.

Comment

Fuck Nestlé

Comment

Working...
                                                  X