No announcement yet.

General Election, December 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

or they tell us what is entirely untrue. contradicting what the official spokesperson is saying- also off the record

Comment

In the mean time those who go on the record- as Johnson doesn't - face calumnies and insinuations

https://twitter.com/DrollRemark/status/1189922832215621632?s=20

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Yellow View Post

"Nicky Morgan has resigned" - news
        "Nicky Morgan has sent a resignation letter citing x and y" - news
        "I understand Nicky Morgan's resignation was for personal reasons" - spin

Note, not LK's spin, but an endorsement of NM's spin.

Hang on. So it's Morgan spinning and LK repeating it. I'm not sure that's the way others seem to be reporting it, but anyway.

"Nicky Morgan has resigned" - news
        "Nicky Morgan has sent a resignation letter citing x and y" - news
        "I understand Nicky Morgan's resignation was for x and y" - spin

I don't get it. If the accusation was for stating the bleedin' obvious I'd agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
          In the mean time those who go on the record- as Johnson doesn't - face calumnies and insinuations

https://twitter.com/DrollRemark/status/1189922832215621632?s=20

Weren't the Cameroons referred to as the Notting Hill set?

Comment

Not in a direct question when launching his manifesto, no.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
              Not in a direct question when launching his manifesto, no.

Well, it was more of a rhetorical answer to jean claude (van) denton but OK.

If you think that was a calumny and insinuation rather than a slightly silly thing to say that Corbyn found easy to bat away, and even build upon a bit, then you must be a bit worried that it came from the Mirror.

Comment

Boris Johnson being taken to hospitals where no member of the public can ask questions. and the press ask soft questions

https://twitter.com/judahnaveen/status/1189934185018003456?s=20

Comment

There is a repeated attempt to frame Corbyn as irrelevant, and unpopular without any focus on his policies.

See also "will he resign if Labour lose" which has been dominating questions today

meanwhile Johnson faces no difficult questions at all and helpful selective steers which Kuennsberg and co know to be untrue but pass on regardless

Comment

Will the boos Johnson got or his running away be featured on the BBC?

https://twitter.com/KirkChris/status/1189931188573605890?s=20

Comment

Prosaic question: What date is this parliament dissolved?

Comment

Next Wednesday, so the 6th of November.

Comment

Cheers.

Comment

Nicky Morgan's statement is odd. If she thinks Parliament is not respecting the people's wishes, wouldn't the logical step be to participate in an election which changes the Commons' balance of power in favour of Leave?

More likely is that she jumped before being deselected, as did the other (former or current) Remainers.
                            Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 31-10-2019, 17:12.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                              Nicky Morgan's statement is odd. If she thinks Parliament is not respecting the people's wishes, wouldn't the logical step be to participate in an election which changes the Commons' balance of power in favour of Leave?

More likely is that she jumped before being deselected, as did the other (former or current) Remainers.

She's now in favour of the UK leaving the EU so I think she was unhappy at Parliament blocking the WB, or at least that's how I interpreted her remarks.

Comment

I agree, but, as per my post, she had an opportunity to campaign to reverse that which she has chosen to forego, unless she was anticipating being pushed out.

Comment

I doubt Johnson will dare cross the Severn but if he came to my hospital I'd definitely want to see him.

With a half brick in my hand.

Comment

Trump endorses Johnson and Farage

[URL]https://twitter.com/stevenicksmith/status/1189963994683052032?s=21[/URL]

Comment

I still can't see the Tories getting a majority from this. They should have gone for a shorter campaign, the longer things go on the more Johnson is exposed as being a shit campaigner, the more the policy vacuum is exposed. It's 2017 all over again. He might have bullshit charisma compared to May, but that seems to melt when he has to veer from his tousle haired absent minded script.
                                      Last edited by Lang Spoon; 31-10-2019, 18:26.

Comment

The Spectator doesn't want Muslims to vote

https://twitter.com/ejhchess/status/1189967009783713792?s=20

Comment

Liddle is just Taki with messy hair. Fraser Fraser would doubtless defend his shite as being Robust Humour. I wonder if the abusive cowardly drunk still lurks on Otf?

Comment

I'm surprised he doesn't refer to 'Moslems' or 'Mussulmen'.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                                              I'm surprised he doesn't refer to 'Moslems' or 'Mussulmen'.
                                              Or Mohamedans

Comment

Some tidying and removal of posts has occurred and a ban handed out.

Comment

Permanent ban?

Comment

An option.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X