General Election, December 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post

Maybe nothing at all. He's clearly pissed off a few people in the Secret Services. Implying it must be worse than the people you've listed isn't really an evidence-based argument.
    Ok so SNP candidate vetting has been infiltrated by GCHQ?

Comment

The BBC have decided to not even pretend to be impartial this time around, judging by what I'm reading on various boards.

Comment

He's Alex Jones crossed with Penfold.

Comment

Sorry guys can you just clarify. So LS thinks the "deep state" does exist and is capable of almost anything but Putin but (did I get it right with the buts?) , whilst SB just thinks that if Craig Murray talks about it he us a paranoid conspiracist loonie?

If you do believe in the deep state (your phrase not mine guys) then there aren't that many places to find out about it. but clearly the murders of Gavin Williams or the Al Hilli family have some big question marks over them...

Anyway back to the election

The shallow state doesn't want us to know Boris Johnson was booed on his visit to Addenbrookes, apparently

Talking of shallow, how about this from Laura K

https://twitter.com/MarkSeddon1962/status/1190018761346170886?s=20
          Last edited by Nefertiti2; 31-10-2019, 23:25.

Comment

nef, there's plenty enough evidence in Northern Ireland since the late 60s and the debris and fatalities of the Dublin Monaghan bombings to show what the British State is capable of. But ffs anyone using Deep State (as Murray does) these post Trumpian/Jones/Pizzagate days as a phrase is deeply suspect, at best Murray is a paranoid fool with a blind spot for the Russian Secret Services. He doesn't need MI5 to undermine him while he can dribble word soup onto his keyboard.

Why waste your time defending the charlatan? Lucy is right, this shit runs youse in Labour into needless binds. It's bad enough retweeting the flirting with anti FoM nativism Cool Dad in Leathers Paul Mason.*

and ps I think Murray's views on Syria and Assad are noxious and are a true measure of the man. He's a tedious cunt at best or more likely a vile cunt. His conspiracy theory apologism for both Assange and Salmond, well, what I think they say about the man I shouldn't type here with cases ongoing.

*he might have gone Remainy again, but he was all Lexity five minutes ago.
            Last edited by Lang Spoon; 31-10-2019, 23:58.

Comment

And of course Laura K is vile, her and Peston and Nick Robinson. No argument from me there. We had their snide shit before the Corbyn Revolution, during indyref1.
              Last edited by Lang Spoon; 31-10-2019, 23:44.

Comment

I don't speak as the Labour Party on here, or as Jeremy Corbyn supporter. And I don't know Murray's views on Syria.

I don't use the phrase " deep state" ( you did, as I recall) but that doesn't mean to say that some thing of the kind exists...

Did anyone ever find out who killed the al HIllis, for instance?

Comment

I used the phrase as effing Murray would use it. I don't know anything about the case you refer to. I know the British security services have done Very Bad Things, but I'm also willing to bet the FSB are doing even worse. For a start they have a bigger budget, and even less restraint legally.

I just think it would be wise for labour and friends of Labour to look at who they choose to retweet or quote approvingly.
                  Last edited by Lang Spoon; 01-11-2019, 00:12.

Comment

Anyways, I could sleep for a thousand years. Different colours, made of tears. Goodnight and good luck Nef.

Comment

I didn't think of posting on here as retweeting, tbh. What Murray said in this instance (about the BBC's uncritical portrayal of Johnson at Addenbrookes) i agreed with- as you do, too, I imagine. But i'll bear your comments in mind.

Ps you too, LS

Comment

Did anyone ever find out who killed the al HIllis, for instance?

What's the Deep State theory that's linked to their murder?

Comment

Not to derail the GE conversation but Murray - like a stopped clock - is sometimes right. He's very on the money wth regard to the Sacoolas/diplomatic immunity case.

Comment

Regarding Rod Liddle’s piece, I can see the joke in the “don’t let Muslims or students vote!” parts of it, but someone really needed to save him from himself and cut the sneering reference to Rosie Duffield, especially given Liddle’s own form in the area of domestic abuse towards women.

Comment

explain the joke about not letting Muslims vote because I can't see it myself.

Comment

Nor can I. Hate speech/xenophobia/racism disguised as a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                  I remember her when she was just an irritating posh girl in the Welsh Assembly. Got in off the list rather then winning a constituency.
                                  I remember her as a roadie for the Macc Lads

Comment

Sandbach is a lovely fit for the Lib Dems

Generally voted against more EU integration
                                    Consistently voted for a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU
                                    Almost always voted against a right to remain for EU nationals already in living in the UK
                                    Generally voted against UK membership of the EU

Comment

It's disguised as "joke as outrageous statement". The problem is that the whole article is so far out there and he's such a bad writer that there no way to tell the difference between "outrageous statement for effect" and "outrageous statement because he's a cunt". It's the Clarkson Syndrome.

Comment

the point is that in the Spectator where it appeared it could easily have been written as "perfectly normal statement" by any one of half a dozen commentators

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                                          Sandbach is a lovely fit for the Lib Dems

Generally voted against more EU integration
                                          Consistently voted for a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU
                                          Almost always voted against a right to remain for EU nationals already in living in the UK
                                          Generally voted against UK membership of the EU
                                          Well she was a Tory MP who voted with the Conservative whip until she resigned from it. The whole “look at this person who used to be a Tory MP voting with the Tories” is a bit faux outrage to me.

Comment

The point is that the Lib Dems are Yellow Tories.

Comment

That may be right, but it’s hard to make it stick when they’re campaigning for Revoke & Remain.

Comment

By taking on people who repeatedly voted against those things? (And that is before their misleading "tactical voting" shit.)

It's a fun reversal of previous elections, this one where the Lib Dems are the one Party who you can pretty much trust not to do what they say they are going to do.

Comment

Labour need to persuade people who switched to Lib Dem in the Euros to switch back. I don’t know that the best way to do that is to say “you should have known they were Tories”. They need to say that Labour can actually deliver on the things the Lib Dems only promise.

Comment

Like a referendum on their deal vs remain?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X