Hurrah for Cross Country Trains and their staff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hurrah for Cross Country Trains and their staff

Pair of old farts refuse to get out of reserved seats.

Train manager upgrades family of four to first class

https://www.metro.co.uk/2019/10/23/e...-10969230/amp/

I travel Cross Country every week and the staff are all excellent. And yes, even in First* there is usually some twunt who has ignored the seat signage.

*tenner upgrade, plus an almost guaranteed seat on a train where it is always standing room only in Standard.

Comment

Most of the staff on most of the trains I use are excellent.

See also:

East Mids
      East Coast Mainline*
      Northern

* One notable exception.

Needless to say, a slap-head.

Comment

They didn't put the family of four into First Class, they only put the mother there. The three children had to share the two seats opposite the credit-to-humanity couple. (According to the article.)

Comment

Fuckin entitled pensioner cunts. Hope the kids kept kicking their shins under the table.

Comment

My partner and I have more trouble with reserved seats than not. It's the look of disdain when you ask someone to move that threatens to tip me over the edge.

Without intending to be ageist, regarding pensioners, I've had more issues over the years with them rudely pushing in front of bus queues than I have ever had with younger people. I'd always let them on first anyway, but it's the manner of entitlement from some that really grates, often without a thank you or an acknowledgement.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post
              Most of the staff on most of the trains I use are excellent.

See also:

East Mids
              East Coast Mainline*
              Northern

* One notable exception.

Needless to say, a slap-head.
              Is the exception at Peterborough station by chance? Sounds identical to my experience on that line.

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo View Post
                My partner and I have more trouble with reserved seats than not. It's the look of disdain when you ask someone to move that threatens to tip me over the edge.

Without intending to be ageist, regarding pensioners, I've had more issues over the years with them rudely pushing in front of bus queues than I have ever had with younger people. I'd always let them on first anyway, but it's the manner of entitlement from some that really grates, often without a thank you or an acknowledgement.
                Their parents fought for our freedom, so we should bow down to the boomers who were at best four during WW2 and who barely remember anything but social democratic largesse until they voted Thatcher and pals in cos, reasons. Bloody snowflake young folks don't know they're born.
                Last edited by Lang Spoon; 23-10-2019, 22:47.

Comment

John Hiatt summed it up best when he wrote Old People Are Pushy.

Getting on the GO train the other day, the Raptors home opener was that night, so the train had a flood of people coming in from the burbs. Everyone waiting to get on had to part like the Red Sea to let them through. Except for this old dear who waited for maybe 3 (of 300) people to get off before she barreled on to get her seat.

Comment

I'm disgusted at the reaction of CrossCountry staff here. I'd have informed the pair of arrogant, self-entitled old cunts (and every other passenger on the train) that the train was making an unscheduled stop at the next station up the line where British Transport Police would throw them off and they could fucking walk home.

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo View Post

Is the exception at Peterborough station by chance? Sounds identical to my experience on that line.
                      Closer to Bounds Green

(On train catering staff.

Back in the Beardobastich days, IIRC)

Comment

Working...
                      X