Surplus to requirements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surplus to requirements

As a slight addendum to an alternate thread, I am being downsized.

Because of a bigger and obviously more heartfelt company doing exactly the same thing (with advertising on TV), I am surplus to requirements from 28th July (final payday) onwards.

I sort of saw it coming, and thats why I have been procrastinating on the move elsewhere... with the same fucking company.

Which makes me think: Same price, different currency (ergo less money), difficulties in moving all and sundry (friend has said YES, time to change).

The company are very very good, but obviously not that good, if they have been doing this shit for several years, and suddenly get usurped.

So, a cleaners job it may be, and thats fine, if it earns enough. 'Friend' doesnt know yet, so when he returns from his 'mums' on Thursday, I suspect that there will be words.

Lookig at my bank statement, I can do a couple of things... I can sort out the (lack of) debt we have and set some aside to stay here (Friend is 65, and we have pets, and mother lives here) or I can drop everything like a hot brick, and chase the dream of... what?

Fuck it, I have 6 weeks to get another job here. I still have the ongoing offer for elsewhere.

Just as an aside: This year has easily turned into the year from hell. Nothing but fucking trouble. Ah well. At least I believe in myself occasionally.

Surplus to requirements

I don't understand. Who is this friend and what do they have to do with it and where will you be moving?

I think we're about to fire somebody, so there will be an opening here.

Comment

Surplus to requirements

Yeah, sometimes g'philes posts need subtitles. I think he's been canned, and his old man (who, if I recall, he's involved with) either does or doesn't want to move abroad (huhr) and there's a dog involved.

Sorry about your job situation, though, g'phile. That sucks ass.

Comment

Surplus to requirements

I thought this was going to be about Barcelona off-loading Ronaldinho and Sammy Eto'o.

Ah well. At least I believe in myself occasionally.
        Good Luck. I hope you find something better.

Comment

Surplus to requirements

Ger, I have reason to believe that you are an incredibly resourceful bloke, and therefore have complete confidence that this will ultimately turn out to be a positive thing for you, even taking into account your somewhat complicated personal situation (though to be frank, pretty much everyone's personal situation is complicated, yours just strikes me as more operatic than most).

And should you find yourself in Italy while looking for the meaning of life, I would be honoured to buy you a meal (though as I noted on the other thread, I can't recommend Milan in the second half of August, unless you are into neutron bomb-type scenarios).

Best of luck; the Yankees can't be this bad all year, either.

Comment

Surplus to requirements

ursus arctos wrote:
            even taking into account your somewhat complicated personal situation (though to be frank, pretty much everyone's personal situation is complicated, yours just strikes me as more operatic than most).
            Yes, sorry about the high drama content. This year has been a bitch, and yes I have been 'downsized' from my job... which to be honest might be a blessing, because I could 'Hansen' (phone it in) 99% of the time anyway.

I am surprised that I am not that bothered. I will have to make a choice, but everyone does at some point. This one just came along slightly earlier than I planned for.

And I take back everything I said about Jason Giambi, who is on a massive tear.

Comment

Surplus to requirements

Reed of the Valley People wrote:
              I think we're about to fire somebody, so there will be an opening here.
              Is this that female colleague you mentioned some time back, Reed?

Good luck, G, though as mentioned, you do indeed seem a resourceful, make-it-happen, kind of chap.

Comment

Surplus to requirements

nah, I am a 'full-of-bollix' type person.

Comment

Surplus to requirements

Good luck ger. Where's the transfer job?

Comment

Working...
                  X