• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
    Peanut butter is a savoury food to me, and always will be
    Yeah, me too.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon G View Post
      I'm assuming on a PB&J sandwich there is no need for other butter/margarine.
      I wouldn't make a sandwich of any kind without butter / whatever.

Comment

Heinz baked beans on buttered toast, bit of salt on he beans. Marvellous. Also - and doubtless I’m probably in a minority here - during my teens I quite enjoyed Heinz curried baked beans. Bit of curry flavour in the sauce, and a few raisins among the beans. Yeah I know it sounds rank, but around 1977, pre-Pot Noodles, i thought it was exotic.

And in in all this talk of PB&J I’m surprised a combo I still enjoy hasn’t been mentioned: crunchy peanut butter on toast, with some clear honey smeared on top. The PB needs to be a salted variety.

Comment

Oh and the little digestives in cracker selections are there for the strongest cheeses.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight shadow View Post
            A point of order, Branston baked beans are better than Heinz.
            *assembles entire moderation team in anticipation of a flame war that will make WWII look like a minor tiff*

Comment

I received this a few years ago. It's quite enlightening...

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                And in in all this talk of PB&J I’m surprised a combo I still enjoy hasn’t been mentioned: crunchy peanut butter on toast, with some clear honey smeared on top. The PB needs to be a salted variety.
                I'm not sure it's an odd combination, but you can count me as a fan of it.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkF View Post
                  I received this a few years ago. It's quite enlightening...

That looks interesting. Any combinations that you've knocked up that you'd recommend?

Comment

This doesn't really fit the thread but I tried the new Cadbury's Chocolate-Covered Oreos yesterday and they surpassed my expectations hugely. I've always been a bit dismissive of Oreos before though they are strangely moreish, the proper chocolate coating may be the missing link to them being a top class biscuit.

Comment

Are they the normal size Oreos or tiny ickle ones? I have a feeling i have tried it but can't remember which size they were.

I have realised that the first salty/sweet food experience I had was chocolate-covered salted pretzels which were alright.

I think I have discussed the sticky toffee Cheddar that I get free from the wife's shop on occasion. Completely foxed me on what to do with it until I paired it with digestives which gave it the slightly more savoury/salty cheesecake that enabled me to eat it all.

Comment

Normal size, single stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post
                          We sometimes buy the GH Cretors bag of mixed popcorn at Costco. You get the nacho cheese flavour and the caramel corn mixed in one bag. It's lovely for salty/savour/sweet goodness. It's probably taking years off my life. Anyway, I filled a sandwich baggie to take to work the other day, and when I got munching mid-afternoon, damned if I had nothing but the cheese flavour. Not a single caramel corn in my daily portion. Ripped off man....

I put the half-eaten bag into my drawer in disgust and am grudgingly eating it now, reigniting my outrage anew.
                          For those who've been silently wondering, I finished the first baggie of all-cheese popcorn. The next day, I portioned myself another that was - again - all cheese, no caramel.

I finished that over the course of two days as well.

Finally, today, I poured and got 70% cheese and 30% caramel corn. So...progress.

Comment

Today's baggie had a more reasonable balance. I'm not saying it's reached equal proportions, but it's acceptable. Their mixing process needs a bit of attention.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                              This doesn't really fit the thread but I tried the new Cadbury's Chocolate-Covered Oreos yesterday and they surpassed my expectations hugely. I've always been a bit dismissive of Oreos before though they are strangely moreish, the proper chocolate coating may be the missing link to them being a top class biscuit.
                              Did you try these at the same time?

I’ve told this story before but I was in Turkey and they didn’t have anything non-vile for breakfast so I paired the only two nice things - feta and watermelon. It was so nice that I used to serve it as a starter. Then I realised it was just a posh cheese and pineapple. I eas quite surprised to see it (with the addition of black olives and sunflower seeds) in a restaurant

Anyway, you know when you are about to start a new thread, do a search and not only realise you have started a similar thread but posted everything you think on the subject*? Yeah, that, apart from rum and raisin.

*That’s a thread in itself

Comment

Working...
                              X