Paypal scams?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paypal scams?

So anyway, we're trying to sell some furniture on Done Deal which is a local website in Ireland, and we receive a contact from someone trying to buy this furniture. Except.... they're in the Ukraine.

Now they want us to pay in Paypal, for .... reasons. so anyway, we go and break into my mam's old paypal account. It get a number of messages from service@paypal.com, <service@paypal.com> but then I get a message from Service@paypal.com <service@intpayp.com> telling me that the money is in my account, but that in order to release it I must pay a shipping fee that requires us to make our first ever Bitcoin purchase. (How exciting!!! a delivery company that takes payment in crypto currency)

Now in the vanishing unlikely chance that this is real, would our actual paypal account tell me that there was a payment pending if indeed such a thing was possible? And would I really receive a message from Service@intpayp.com masquerading as Service@paypal.com? I must admit I've never seen anyone respond to emails so promptly!

You are far from alone.

Comment

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/...emails-FAQ2340

This suggests very strongly that your suspicions are 100% correct

Comment

curses, beaten by the collective again.

Comment

"Curses! Beaten by Ursos" kind of rhymes

Comment

The only thing that responds quicker than my correspondent is Service@intpayp.com telling me that I need to pay the money or else I will be in breach of their terms and conditions. The Paypal helpline is closed. They like to knock off early in dundalk.

Comment

This seems topical.

Comment

Working...
              X