Oor Wullie - safe at last

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oor Wullie - safe at last

Long time since I read the The Sunday Post, but I seem to remember he was always getting a hiding for something. But not for long, as smacking ban to come into force in Scotland.

Scottish parents will have to come to Asda in Carlisle to get round the ban.

I love the deranged arguments from the Be Reasonable Scotland side. "They say that the "unnecessary" changes will therefore do nothing more to help vulnerable children who are the victims of serious physical abuse, but will cause traumatic interventions in "good" families."

Comment

Of course the Tories are opposed.

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post
        I love the deranged arguments from the Be Reasonable Scotland side. "."
        There's something very pernicious about taking the name 'Be Reasonable'. It implies the other side are being unreasonable. I don't like that sneaky positioning.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post

There's something very pernicious about taking the name 'Be Reasonable'. It implies the other side are being unreasonable. I don't like that sneaky positioning.
          They tried People for Beatings, but it was voted down at the AGM.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post

It's one of those phrases that mean people shouldn't think for themselves, eg: "It's common sense isn't it."

A similarly fatuous cliché was said to NDP leader Jagmeet Singh yesterday in Montréal:

"Canadians look like all sorts of people," the Sikh politician responds politely.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post

It's one of those phrases that mean people shouldn't think for themselves, eg: "It's common sense isn't it."

A similarly fatuous cliché was said to NDP leader Jagmeet Singh yesterday in Montréal:
              Is there a dedicated "hey look, Canadiens can be racist too" thread?

Comment

Don't think so, but feel free...

Comment

The thing about that old cunt is that he's exactly the type of old Quebec racist you'd expect. He doesn't yell 'go back where you came from' across the road. No, he walks up and sort of whispers it like he's giving him some constructive advice. And then...he tells him he hopes he wins. It's astounding.

Comment

Yeah. I have to give Singh props for the way he handles these idiots, he never takes the bait. The woman who was in his face about trying to introduce Sharia Law into schools a year or so back (because Sikhs are exactly the same as Muslims, right?) particularly deserved a good verbalising, but he just went right on ticking. Good man. Still won't vote for his party mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                      Don't think so, but feel free...
                      Wouldn't want to drink from someone else's well...

Comment

Working...
                      X