No announcement yet.

The fighting Prince Harry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I meant to say “because she’s Canadian?” as a question, not an answer.

Comment

Yeah I got. She's not. She just likes it here.

Comment

Those juxtapositions of newspaper headline are beyond fucking ludicrous.

Comment

I somehow thought her dad was Canadian. I don’t know why I thought that. Of course, her greatest professional success was in Toronto.

Comment

Yeah. Which is certainly how she knows the Mulroney kids.

Comment

The thread has so many examples of both the hate and the double standards that MM has suffered from in comparison to other white members of the family.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post

I’ve heard some speculation here that they will move to LA. I don’t know if there’s anything to support that other than that that’s where celebrities usually want to live and she’s an
                actress. .
                I'd not heard comment about them moving to LA, but I think it's good for celebs because it's full of celebs. Which means both that the public don't tend to swarm all over celebs because they'd be doing it all the time; and that there are lots of facilities in place to look after the very famous - restaurants and hotels and so on have the capacity to keep things discreet if need be. There are few places as well tuned to making life less freaky for them, I think.

Comment

All of that, but Paparazzi do follow people around LA somewhat. I read that France does a better job of controlling that, but I’m not sure how, exactly. I don’t think they’ll move to France.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that the fate of Harry's mum means that they're not going to be too inclined to think favourably about the behaviour of the media in France.

Comment

The Great Blasket Island's looking for a couple to manage their visitor centre ...

https://twitter.com/gbisland/status/1215542765586612225

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post
                        The Great Blasket Island's looking for a couple to manage their visitor centre ...

https://twitter.com/gbisland/status/1215542765586612225
                        Where is that? I like the sound of that.

Comment

I’d love to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post

Where is that? I like the sound of that.
                            West Kerry - so if you know where Dingle is, it's an uninhabited island just off the peninsula.

Comment

[URL]https://twitter.com/joejglenton/status/1216295398630993921?s=21[/URL]

Comment

MoS btw, completist fans.

Comment

Will the Duchess of Sussex have dual citizenship yet? How does that work when a Brit marries a foreigner? If she's not got a British passport, and intends to spend long periods out of the UK, will that impact her getting a visa to return to the UK for work in future?

Comment

Money gets you things quickly.

A normal person has to wait 5 years and 3 months before they can even apply.

Comment

Priti Patel has just told us that none of the press has been racist so that's ok then

Comment

Of Johnson's 3 most senior government ministers, two are non-white and another half-Hungarian even if he sounds Glaswegian...coincidental?

Earlier on the BBC, various monarchy experts were queued up to discuss whether, at almost 94, Brenda ought to think about at least partial retirement. I mean, it would be exhausting for someone a third of her age to be lifelong head of state with 80%+ approval, CEO of the wide-ranging multinational family 'firm', unchallenged Dalai Lama-like authority, not to mention probably confused old lady whose middle-aged children and grandchildren amazingly don't always share her 1940s Worldview. Who, let's not forget, has never in 70 years had to give an interview justifying any of the above. My late mother (a contemporary of Mrs Windsor), often chided me for wishing the old girl into her grave, to which I reminded that my criticism has been consistent since about 1970
                                        Last edited by Duncan Gardner; 13-01-2020, 11:24.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                                          Priti Patel has just told us that none of the press has been racist so that's ok then
                                          As I've said before, her race blindness is such that she doesn't realise the "send them back" crowd are referring to her as well.

Comment

Patrick- you may be right, although I credit her and Javid as nasty and cynical enough to realise what Johnson is up to, rather than merely a bit dim

Comment

I think there's an arrogance in her that assumes she would get a free pass in any pogrom because she's a Tory and a Minister, and educated and rich. When she talks about immigrant families or ethnic minorities it's not self-referencing.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Gardner View Post
                                                Of Johnson's 3 most senior government ministers, two are non-white and another half-Hungarian even if he sounds Glaswegian...coincidental?

Earlier on the BBC, various monarchy experts were queued up to discuss whether, at almost 94, Brenda ought to think about at least partial retirement. I mean, it would be exhausting for someone a third of her age to be lifelong head of state with 80%+ approval, CEO of the wide-ranging multinational family 'firm', unchallenged Dalai Lama-like authority, not to mention probably confused old lady whose middle-aged children and grandchildren amazingly don't always share her 1940s Worldview. Who, let's not forget, has never in 70 years had to give an interview justifying any of the above. My late mother (a contemporary of Mrs Windsor), often chided me for wishing the old girl into her grave, to which I reminded that my criticism has been consistent since about 1970
                                                Raabs father came from Czechoslovakia

Comment

It’s not just the ‘educated and rich’ bit, of and by itself. There is definitely a section of the “I’m not racist, some of my best friends are black/Indian” bit of the right who are really only talking about their friends from the rotary club or the cricket club. The ones from the Commonwealth (ah, the good old Commonwealth) who speak perfect English, dress like us and try ever so hard not to do anything the Daily Mail doesn’t like. Not like those other immigrants who do insidious things like speak in their own language, wear funny garb or have their own aisles now in Sainsbury’s. There are still a few die hard royalists who sniffly refer - with absolutely no apparent sense of irony - to the Duke of Edinburgh as “Phil the Greek” ...

Comment

Nef- thanks, my mistake. (Raab is the German and earlier name for the town Hungarians call Gyor)

Rogin- my brother started demanding that Sainsbury sell ethnic foodstuffs as soon as he arrived in England. Tatie farls, Cookstown sausages and the like

Comment

Working...
                                                    X