The fighting Prince Harry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    Ditto. And it is just so... casual. They aren't really trying to hide the racism.

And who are these people anyway? I thought the only poeple who were "Royal commentators" were Nicholas Witchell and Jennie Bond.
    I am surprised people are surprised at the reaction.

But I have a very pessimistic view of the attitude of British people.

This guy is one of the most popular people in British media.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/01/10/eamon...-row-12036816/

I didn't realise "Woke" is now a term of abuse. Maybe he suspects Meghan will introduce Harry to Farrakhan and turn him into John Brown MKII (look him up)

Comment

I'm a Republican and dislike all of the coverage of this particular family. However the reaction of the media proves that the instincts of the two of them were correct. The criticism and the coverage is without doubt racist and misogynistic.

Good luck to them and in particular good luck to their son as he might have a relatively normal life now.

Comment

Of course "woke" is an insult now. It's all them bleeding-heart do-gooding PC snowflakes, innit?

Comment

Eamonn Holmes , more honest:
          ‘I just find her incredibly irritating. I’ve never met her, but I look at her and think “I don’t think I’d like you in real life”. You’re just black

Comment

I am glad I am not the only one who noticed that Ad Hoc.

Additionally, I have noticed the amount of Sexism and Misogyny from the comments, especially from white women. I will raise this the next time someone on here mentions African culture and how we repress our women and their right to expression.
            Last edited by Tactical Genius; 10-01-2020, 15:52.

Comment

Alison Phipps:

https://twitter.com/alisonphipps/sta...286499331?s=20

"Piers Morgan calls Meghan Markle an 'ego-crazed leech', Eamonn Holmes calls her 'incredibly irritating', Brendan O'Neill calls her 'insufferable' and my brain is about to explode from absolute irony overload"

Comment

That's three men no-one with any brain would ever take any notice of...

Comment

You'd like to think so, wouldn't you?

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                    That's three men no-one with any brain would ever take any notice of...
                    Sadly fully-engaged brains seem to be in short supply these days.

Comment

Their brains are, unfortunately, fully engaged. That's part of the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                        Royals don't sweat; they perspire.
                        Did Prince Andrew fail to convince you?

Comment

Originally posted by Tactical Genius View Post
                          I am glad I am not the only one who noticed that Ad Hoc.

Additionally, I have noticed the amount of Sexism and Misogyny from the comments, especially from white women. I will raise this the next time someone on here mentions African culture and how we repress our women and their right to expression.
                          The most outraged people I've seen on my social media are white women. It's tempting to say something sexist like they're bitter they didn't get the chance to marry Harry and be a princess. The blokes on the other hand seem to generally be wishing them best of luck for the future. (Not that many give a fuck really.)

Comment

Mrs Thistle's comment: "How is this even a story? Grown man says he wants to make his own decisions! It's not even a thing!"

Comment

I think I'm happy I have a very small social media circle.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post

The most outraged people I've seen on my social media are white women. It's tempting to say something sexist like they're bitter they didn't get the chance to marry Harry and be a princess. The blokes on the other hand seem to generally be wishing them best of luck for the future. (Not that many give a fuck really.)
                                There are plenty of white men calling her a slag ("used" is how someone described her), greedy wannabe, and telling her to get back to the hood etc.

Also, some even in my circle comparing her to Yoko Ono, who "broke up the Beatles" just like Meghan ls breaking up the Monarchy, and is about to murder the Queen by stress-induced heart attack.

Yoko did no such thing, but she copped a load of racist and sexist abuse anyway (and is still getting it 50 years later.)

Comment

Originally posted by MsD View Post

There are plenty of white men calling her a slag ("used" is how someone described her), greedy wannabe, and telling her to get back to the hood etc.

Also, some even in my circle comparing her to Yoko Ono, who "broke up the Beatles" just like Meghan ls breaking up the Monarchy, and is about to murder the Queen by stress-induced heart attack.
                                  Maybe I'm naive, but can't you get rid of some of these circle people?

Comment

The underlying belief that unites them all is that "these people" exist only for their entertainment, wishcasting, etc. and must be denied any personal agency.

Comment

Maybe I'm naive, but can't you get rid of some of these circle people?
                                      I said "even in my circle" as it's just a couple of people who are generally better than that, but thought the Yoko comparison funny enough to repost/ reTweet.

And they concurred with my replies about Yoko.

Comment

I actually made the Yoko Ono comparison myself on page 4 of this thread.

Comment

I actually made the Yoko Ono comparison myself on page 4 of this thread.
                                          Attaboy....get out there ahead of it, like Letterman.

Comment

There's also "The Dark Lady" trope which runs through North European folk and fairy tales. She is always disturbing, if not downright evil. And lets face it most of the popular hate response to this story comes from those who grew up with those stories. MM fits the bill, seducing fair young Prince Harry with her underhanded magic.
                                            Last edited by Amor de Cosmos; 10-01-2020, 17:53.

Comment

Do most civilians give a shit either way, or is this mainly a media driven thing?

Comment

How much popular hate is there and how much media frenzy trying to create hate?

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post
                                                  Do most civilians give a shit either way, or is this mainly a media driven thing?
                                                  How can you distinguish these days?

On a football MB site I frequent — overwhelmingly male obvs — there's a thread on the topic, over 100 posts so far, overwhelmingly negative toward the Sussexes. As one writer put it "This whole thread reads like my nan's been brought back to life and cloned."

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                                                    How can you distinguish these days?
                                                    Yeah, I dunno. Do people in the UK...'around the watercooler'...talk about the Royals? I'm betting 'no', but who knows. Surely some do.

It's funny...this board is notoriously 'into the sea' with the Royals, but we all seem to have time for MM. And maybe Harry, cuz he seems to think for himself. I dunno.

Either way, good for them, whatever they do.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X