The fighting Prince Harry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
    Yes it's a life of privilege and stuff but equally he didn't ask to be born into the equivalent of a human zoo with people itching to pass comment on everything from his parentage to what his baby is wearing on a trip to the park. I like the fact he's telling everyone to fuck off really. And if he's genuinely giving up the gravy train so he can have a more normal life then good on him.
    Agree 100%.
    The snide and bitter responses (even on OTF) is troubling. Harry and Meghan cannot win and have been attacked relentlessly on the media for practically everything this is reminiscent to the hounding of Princess Diana for the last few years of her life.
    Give them a chance to live as normal a life as is possible being a royal?

Comment

If nothing else, maybe it’s a start. If they’re only semi-royal, then maybe their kids will be just normal rich people and maybe more and more of them will opt out, generation by generation.

Comment

His mother died being chased by the media. His wife has been subject to vile racist attacks carried on, and encouraged by, one of the most read websites in the world. I am no royalist, but just on a human level I have sympathy for them, all potential whataboutery not withstanding.

Comment

Yeah it's easy to understand what has driven them to do this. The criticism Meghan has received has been appalling, and entirely driven by racism, whether the criticism was racist in nature or not.
          Just wondering though if their new found financial independence will include refunding the state for their multi-million pound wedding?

Comment

Misogynist criticism of her as well, from the likes of Piers Morgan who has a go at her for tossing aside her father, separating her husband from his brother and generally isolating him from his whole family. Reminds me a bit of Yoko Ono supposedly breaking up The Beatles.
            Last edited by Sporting; 09-01-2020, 06:22.

Comment

Morgan only holds a grudge because she had a drink with him once and then ghosted him. He was all in love with her at first but since she ignored some texts he's been absolutely vile towards her.

Fair play to Harry and Meghan - like others, I'm by no means a royalist, but Harry is the only one who has ever really seemed "normal".

Comment

I don't blame Harry and Megan one bit for wanting to leave Britain, the press are scum enough without all the vile slurs they have been subjected to. Hopefully they will find a nice quiet corner of the United States where they can live and be happy and achieve what they want to achieve without having the press chase them down every alleyway. Sometimes the biggest admirers of the Royal family are also it's biggest enemies by wanting every bit of tittle tattle and slur they can get their hands on, whilst also wanting to be at all the big events and claiming how "close" they are to them. Who or what they will turn to when Harry and Megan have gone is anyone's guess, but for now I wish the two well.

Comment

If I'm being charitable, I have no issue with them wanting to swap less privilege for more privacy, and they're probably going to need most of that £34 million to keep the paparazzi away from their son.

Comment

It helps the demystification process to have them treat it as a job that they can pack in, rather than a divinely ordained mission.

Why would anyone put up with the poisonous mixture of obsequiousness and spite that characterises royal watching unless they had no alternative?

Comment

I don't have a dog in a fight among royals, obvs. But it's good when it happens.

Comment

If Harry really is treating his granny with contempt (by not telling her in advance), he's just following the example set by Boris Johnson (and more importantly the tabloid media for the past 50 years)

Last edited by Duncan Gardner; 09-01-2020, 10:02.

Comment

I hope Harry changes his name to The Artist Formerly Known As Prince Harry.

Comment

Or Harry Spencer

Comment

I'm no royal apologist, but they deserve 'some' credit for doing this - even if the comment about becoming 'financially independent' sticks a bit.

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                              I hope Harry changes his name to The Artist Formerly Known As Prince Harry.
                              Very good.

Comment

FTQ

Comment

There was a commentator on the radio this morning describing Harry as more Spencer than Windsor...made me chuckle...

Seems to me it's none of our business. Save for the money they've had off us. Though I suppose, if you're going to be fair, they might argue that they took the gazillions to refurb their home in the country in good faith and things haven't turned out as they anticipated.

​​
                                  Last edited by gt3; 09-01-2020, 13:03.

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                                    Ooh! Queeny is not happy!
                                    If only he'd knocked about with a paedo, all would be forgiven.

Comment

He'd better be working his notice, he's supposed to be doing the draw for the 2021 Rugby League World Cup at the palace next week.

Comment

Originally posted by E10 Rifle View Post
                                        FTQ
                                        This

Comment

Why are the tabloids so pissed off? They have even more to write about now. Fake rage.

Comment

If Harry and Meghan actually drop out of the public eye, the tabloids' royal-watchers are going to lose their meal ticket. There's nothing much to write about William and Kate these days, and even less about Charles. Their next article is going to be if Prince Philip ever dies, which looks increasingly unlikely.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Flanagans Dog View Post
                                              He'd better be working his notice, he's supposed to be doing the draw for the 2021 Rugby League World Cup at the palace next week.
                                              Breathe easy, WFD. He is fulfilling his commitment with the thirteen man game.

Going forwards, the coveted life president/programme seller role at the Wolfpack beckons.

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                                                If Harry and Meghan actually drop out of the public eye, the tabloids' royal-watchers are going to lose their meal ticket. There's nothing much to write about William and Kate these days, and even less about Charles. Their next article is going to be if Prince Philip ever dies, which looks increasingly unlikely.
                                                Not to mention the fact that having women, people of colour, the young and gingers exercise any kind of anti-establishment autonomy threatens their entire world view.

Comment

I can imagine quite a few charities and public bodies who he currently works for for free might be asked to consider his remuneration as a "non-executive director" or something going forward. How else is he to become financially independent? He's not going to start a roofing business.

Comment

Fewer royals the better.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X