The fighting Prince Harry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    Nope. he's "whining" about having his phone messages hacked and his wife publicly attacked and smeared due to (among other things) her colour.
    Yeah. I think people are losing sight of this. They're fair game for criticism, not for crimes, or a campaign of continuous racist hostility. Prince Harry and the ghost of diana, may be the only people who manage to soften their cough a bit.

Comment

Comment

Good for them

Comment

I thought they were decamping to Africa barely a wet week ago?

Comment

"Screw you guys, I'm going home."

Comment

https://twitter.com/chicagotribune/status/1214987717374812162

Comment

They are still working on becoming financially independent? I like the two of them, but this is the sound of entitled privilege. You have enough; you'll get by.

Comment

Yep, estimated net worth of £34million. I don't think they'll be starving.

Comment

I'd be quite happy for the lot of them to fuck off and be financially independent.

Comment

I'm in a charitable mood and reading "work to become financially independent" to be "how can we legally remove ourselves from the Civil List and all that".

Comment

First everyone reckoned Meghan was in it for the fame and the money. Now her and Harry have said they want to be out of the public eye and not take the money and people are hating on them even more. They can't fucking win. But at least they're losing in a way that annoys racist twats and judgemental swivel eyed monarchists so props to them.

Comment

I'm with Snake on this

Comment

I’ve always been unclear on what “independence” would mean for royals. WhT part of their wealth is really their own and what part belongs to the state? Insofar as they outright own a lot of land and what not, they should not be getting a public salary, certainly.

Does she plan to keep acting? She was ok on Suits but that’s over now and I’m not sure if she has star potential if she wasn’t also a royal. Indeed, that might hurt her chances of getting big roles because she’s typecast as a duchess. But she could keep on doing series in Canada for USA Network.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post
                              I’ve always been unclear on what “independence” would mean for royals. WhT part of their wealth is really their own and what part belongs to the state?
                              I'm not sure that anyone actually knows for certain.

Comment

I'm in a charitable mood and reading "work to become financially independent" to be "how can we legally remove ourselves from the Civil List and all that".
                                Would setting up a Prince's Trust type charitable foundation count as financial independence, if they do it off their own bat?

Comment

I have no idea. I assume that Harry gets money simply for being near the throne and there will be constitutional lawyers working out how that can legally be stopped. It might be that he has to redirect it all into a trust or something.

Comment

She's showbiz. He's royal. Surely time for the return of It's a Royal Knockout??

Comment

If it were possible to give all the royals 30 million quid to fuck off out of the country, I think that would be money very well spent. We shouldn't begrudge Hal and Meg their 30 million; we should thank them for doing what all the royals should have done 2 and a half centuries ago.

Comment

I think it was really, really rude of her not to turn up to Harvey and Donna's wedding.

Comment

Comment

Ooh! Queeny is not happy!

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                                              I think it was really, really rude of her not to turn up to Harvey and Donna's wedding.
                                              I gave up on the show long before that - it was just going nowhere. But I suspect that’s because she was too busy being royal.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                                Some very observant tweet pointed out that the Royal Family has turned into The Knicks during free agency.

Comment

Yes it's a life of privilege and stuff but equally he didn't ask to be born into the equivalent of a human zoo with people itching to pass comment on everything from his parentage to what his baby is wearing on a trip to the park. I like the fact he's telling everyone to fuck off really. And if he's genuinely giving up the gravy train so he can have a more normal life then good on him.

Comment

If he genuinely is, then I agree. I won't hold my breath waiting for the parental divorce case to start, though.

If the next email I receive from Republic is announcing the news that he's paid for lifetime membership for himself, Meghan and the baby, however, he'll rocket up in my estimation.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X