The fighting Prince Harry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fighting Prince Harry

Mr Harry and Ms Meghan are suing the Mail on Sunday for fucking with Ms Meghan. Good stuff.

Militant a republican I may be, but I must confess to developing a soft spot for the couple. Last week they were in Cape Town and made a very good impression. They had little truck with royal protocols or gatekeeping security. They exhibited a sense of genuine humility.

The highlight was when a woman, clearly working class, found herself in front of the security fences as the two royals were walking past admirers. "Come here, come here," she called out. And Harry actually moved towards her. She then gave Mr Harry and Ms Meghan big hugs, and asked "Where's Orchie?" All that time, security were metres away, presumably instructed to maintain a light touch.

They went to a mosque, which I thought was an interesting act on a visit to a country where Muslims account for 2% of the population (though a bit more in Cape Town). And Meghan repeatedly stating that she was speaking as "a woman of colour" obviously resonated well here.

Anyway, I hope they get to fuck the Mail on Sunday.
    Last edited by G-Man; 02-10-2019, 05:06.

Aye.

Comment

https://twitter.com/caitlinmoran/status/1179125491187486721

Comment

Yeah good on him. He's blessed as the Mail and the other scumbloids can't smear him or risk losing readers, many of whom can't get enough of the luvverly royals.

Comment

I think the Royals spend way too much etc. but am behind him on this.

Comment

The tabloid media treat every sleb from the Queen down with contempt. Remember that photo of Uncle Edward 8 teaching her as a child the Nazi salute?

So Meghan and Harry cant win. The abuse isnt because shes foreign or he a hypocrite, though that may make it worse. They are fair game because everyone is and the public appetite for this shit is unlimited.

On the other hand if M & H have little to lose why not put the boot in?

Comment

I think the phrase “I lost my mother...“ is the clincher.

Comment

Quite the two-footed waist high tackle there from young Harry there. That statement is full of really sharp pointy points. My eyes were instantly drawn to the bit about how recent more positive coverage merely highlights how two faced they are. It reminds me a little bit of the cold malevolence of jeff Bezos talking about the National Enquirer.

Comment

Who's paying for Prince Henry's lawyer? I'm not, but neither is he.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Gardner View Post
                    They are fair game because everyone is
                    I don't like The Mail On Sunday, but they're not as fair game as everyone is. They're not as fair game as I am, or you are. We don't kick the financial arse out of "the system". They do.

Comment

I don't follow. As you saying the MoS is less fair game than you are?

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                        I don't follow. As you saying the MoS is less fair game than you are?
                        No, I'm saying that I'm less fair game than princes and princesses are. If Prince Henry and his family object to public attention, then they should do their utmost to avoid it. By, for example, not having their wedding broadcast on licence-fee-payers' television. My wedding wasn't broadcast, for example.
                        ​​​​​​
                        And if some fucking shitty rag like The Mail On Sunday has got it in for Prince Henry, then he's perfectly entitled to have a go at them. But he should pay for it himself. And he won't, because they don't.
                        Last edited by treibeis; 04-10-2019, 16:34.

Comment

Not for lack of interest, I assure you.

Comment

Oh thanks. I got confused.

Comment

Still, fuck the MoS.

Comment

Still, fuck the MoS.
                                Yes, of course. But Prince Henry is worse.

Comment

Not in this instance, as it goes.

Comment

Hang on, you're taking the piss out of me, aren't you?

Comment

Frankly, I don't have problem with either of Diana's boys or their spouses. All of them seem to have their heads screwed on fairly straight.

Comment

I'm confused

All of the "royals" resources are derived from the State.

Comment

Not in this instance, as it goes.
                                          No, he is. Prince Henry and his ancestors are worse than The Mail On Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by treibeis View Post
                                            It has not gone unnoticed that you failed to mention the object of the Mail's scorn here, who is not worse than them.

Comment

Originally posted by treibeis View Post
                                              Like the rest of us he had no choice as to his birth, so surely can't be held responsible for it. If you're claiming he should just walk away, it's easier said than done I suspect. Nor, based on the last person to do it, would it necessarily make him a better person.

Comment

If nobody has to do the job, so much the better. But if someone has to do it, I'd say they're doing fine.

Comment

I'm lost now myself. I didn't actually understand Amor de Comos' and WOM's posts, probably because I'm stupid. But it's Prince Henry whining about over-exposure in the press. So fucking what?

Or are the royal family all right now because they're laying into The Mail On Sunday?

Comment

Working...
                                                  X