Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The fighting Prince Harry

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
    I think there's an arrogance in her that assumes she would get a free pass in any pogrom because she's a Tory and a Minister, and educated and rich. When she talks about immigrant families or ethnic minorities it's not self-referencing.
    It was either Marina Hyde or John Crace who described her as "viciously stupid".

    I think PT gets it right. Her and that arse Javid

    Comment


      A good opinion piece by Nesrine Malik.

      https://twitter.com/NesrineMalik/status/1216664868016869377?s=11

      Comment


        Originally posted by Duncan Gardner View Post
        Of Johnson's 3 most senior government ministers, two are non-white and another half-Hungarian even if he sounds Glaswegian...coincidental?

        Earlier on the BBC, various monarchy experts were queued up to discuss whether, at almost 94, Brenda ought to think about at least partial retirement. I mean, it would be exhausting for someone a third of her age to be lifelong head of state with 80%+ approval, CEO of the wide-ranging multinational family 'firm', unchallenged Dalai Lama-like authority, not to mention probably confused old lady whose middle-aged children and grandchildren amazingly don't always share her 1940s Worldview. Who, let's not forget, has never in 70 years had to give an interview justifying any of the above. My late mother (a contemporary of Mrs Windsor), often chided me for wishing the old girl into her grave, to which I reminded that my criticism has been consistent since about 1970
        Warren Buffet still seems to be doing spectacularly well at a huge job like that. In fact if he were to retire I reckon the stock would lose a fair bit of premium (5% or so). That said, it would probably recover anyway given that when an enterprise is that big it isn't one person running the show. They just get to be a figurehead.

        Comment


          Comment


            Brenda doesn't have anyone like Charlie Munger to help her pick in laws, not to mention the fundamental issues with her historic portfolio.

            Comment


              Originally posted by gt3 View Post

              It was either Marina Hyde or John Crace who described her as "viciously stupid".

              I think PT gets it right. Her and that arse Javid
              GT3, we both know the Pritti Patel Sajid Javed types.
              Their ancestors sold us out centuries ago to the colonisers and continue to do so today.
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwgJewsy2BI

              Comment


                I've always had Patel pigeonholed as the kind of person who hated the EU because it came at the cost of links to the Commonwealth, and her family's story is basically written by the Empire. Gujarati grandparents who moved to Uganda to run shops, came to the UK after Amin kicked out all the Asian Ugandans.

                I think Javid is a pure hedge fund guy.

                Comment


                  They're just sad emotionally stunted freaks who think that they are randian supermen. They don't see racism, because they don't see themselves as being part of any wider group. They are the special individuals held back by the worthless masses. and now they're the Fucking chancellor, and the home secretary.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Flynnie View Post
                    I've always had Patel pigeonholed as the kind of person who hated the EU because it came at the cost of links to the Commonwealth, and her family's story is basically written by the Empire. Gujarati grandparents who moved to Uganda to run shops, came to the UK after Amin kicked out all the Asian Ugandans.

                    I think Javid is a pure hedge fund guy.
                    According tonWikipedia

                    the 1960s her parents emigrated to the UK and settled in Hertfordshire, several years before President Idi Amin came to power and expelled Ugandan Asians in November 1972.[10]They established a chain of newsagents in London and the South East of England.[11][12][13

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                      Brenda doesn't have anyone like Charlie Munger to help her pick in laws, not to mention the fundamental issues with her historic portfolio.
                      Can't we have Prince Phillip as Charlie Munger? Which would explain everything else once you stop laughing.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Flynnie View Post
                        I've always had Patel pigeonholed as the kind of person who hated the EU because it came at the cost of links to the Commonwealth, and her family's story is basically written by the Empire. Gujarati grandparents who moved to Uganda to run shops, came to the UK after Amin kicked out all the Asian Ugandans.

                        I think Javid is a pure hedge fund guy.
                        Most Ugandan Asians were brought in by the British to act as a buffer class and keep the local populations in check. This also happened in places as disparate as Singapore, South Africa, Mauritius and the Caribbean.

                        Comment


                          There's a valuation exercise for you.

                          Plot Berkshire's share price over the last 40 years assuming that it was run by the Queen and Prince Philip instead of Warren and Charlie.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Tactical Genius View Post

                            Most Ugandan Asians were brought in by the British to act as a buffer class and keep the local populations in check. This also happened in places as disparate as Singapore, South Africa, Mauritius and the Caribbean.
                            And Burma. Orwell talks about it in Burmese Days (which has a sub plot about whether an Indian doctor can be voted into the colonial club or not)

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post

                              And Burma. Orwell talks about it in Burmese Days (which has a sub plot about whether an Indian doctor can be voted into the colonial club or not)
                              Fiji also, I believe - indeed the tension between the Polynesian and Asian communities has been central to its post-independence politics.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post

                                And Burma. Orwell talks about it in Burmese Days (which has a sub plot about whether an Indian doctor can be voted into the colonial club or not)
                                Fiji too.
                                British were smart bastards. Bring in a race of others and get them to do their dirty work whilst standing back and claiming it's nothing to do with them.
                                The others will do their bidding as the British are the only thing to save them from being ripped apart from the angry locals.
                                Hence why there are enduring tensions to this day.

                                They also used the Chinese and Japanese for this all over South East Asia to such a great effect, they have greatly changed the appearance of the population. If you brought a Hawaiian, Indonesian or Filipino from 1800 into the modern day, they wouldn't recognise their descendants.

                                Comment


                                  Are they changing Gender too.
                                  And there was me thinking the issue was Meghan's race?

                                  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51099102

                                  Comment


                                    Harriet and Mike the Meghanic?

                                    Comment


                                      Jesus no-one tell the fucking Times. Though hasn't that word been hijacked by the Brexit nonsense?

                                      Comment


                                        Originally posted by Tactical Genius View Post

                                        Fiji too.
                                        British were smart bastards. Bring in a race of others and get them to do their dirty work whilst standing back and claiming it's nothing to do with them.
                                        The others will do their bidding as the British are the only thing to save them from being ripped apart from the angry locals.
                                        Hence why there are enduring tensions to this day.

                                        They also used the Chinese and Japanese for this all over South East Asia to such a great effect, they have greatly changed the appearance of the population. If you brought a Hawaiian, Indonesian or Filipino from 1800 into the modern day, they wouldn't recognise their descendants.
                                        Eh, the Philippines was Spain/US, the Dutch were the vile bastards in Indonesia. Teh Dirty Brits are fuckers but other Imperialist powers have spread their fuckery in SE Asia. Chinese migration to the region predates European colonisation also.

                                        Comment


                                          Also, an archipelago as vast and diverse as Indonesia, there's no "typical" look. The aboriginal peoples of West Papua and residents of Sumatra 3000 years back would have looked very different before the first Arab or Chinese merchant arrived, let alone European colonist.
                                          Last edited by Lang Spoon; 13-01-2020, 20:18.

                                          Comment


                                            Lang Spoon.
                                            Eh, the Philippines was Spain/US, the Dutch were the vile bastards in Indonesia. Teh Dirty Brits are fuckers but other Imperialist powers have spread their fuckery in SE Asia. Chinese migration to the region predates European colonisation also.
                                            Although those countries were ruled by other European powers, The British were instrumental in turning these places into massive plantations growing cash crops for the European markets (as well as Opium to sell to the Chinese). Spain and the Netherlands didn't have the Army or Navy to police these places or the logistical expertise to move stuff around. This is why alot of Dutch black footballers from Suriname have 19th Century English and Scottish first names Instead of Dutch ones.

                                            South America was a de facto British colony in the 19th and Early 20th Centuries, Tim Vickerey talks about this alot when he explains the spread of football on that continent.

                                            Chinsese migration into South East Asia before the Europeans turned up was limited for a few reasons:

                                            There were some pretty powerful kingdoms in modern Thailand, French Indo-china (Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos) in the middle ages
                                            Modern Indonesia were a group of Powerful kingdoms with a number of hilly islands surrounded by tretcherous seas that were pretty easy to defend
                                            The Chinese (and Japanese) had a policy of non-engagement (or limited) with the outside world which lasted a few hundred years.
                                            Indonesia and the Malay Penninsula had a closer relationship to India than to China (hence the large Muslim population in South East Asia)

                                            See below for posts backup up my comments:

                                            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_in_Hawaii
                                            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_Filipino
                                            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_Indonesians


                                            The indigenous populations of South East Asia are significantly darker and look like the inhabitants of the Andaman islands or Papua New Guinea and the further you get from the cities, the melanin increases significantly.
                                            The Ethnic cleansing of South East Asia and the pacific islands is a little talked about subject. Most people still don't know what happened in Easter Island.

                                            As an excersise, google a picture of Liliʻuokalani who is the last ruler of Hawaii (1893)

                                            Comment


                                              Austronesian (from Taiwan/South China, ancestors of Polynesian culture/language) migration into SE Asia began thousands of years back.
                                              Last edited by Lang Spoon; 13-01-2020, 19:36.

                                              Comment


                                                Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                                                Austronesian (from Taiwan/South China, ancestors of Polynesians) migration into SE Asia began thousands of years back.
                                                .........And are not the same people who currently live in Taiwan/South China.
                                                This is a Taiwanese aboriginal lady from 1871

                                                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taiwan...son_enfant.jpg

                                                And a Chief in the 20th century
                                                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taiwan...ukai_chief.jpg
                                                Last edited by Tactical Genius; 13-01-2020, 19:39.

                                                Comment


                                                  Originally posted by Tactical Genius View Post

                                                  .........And are not the same people who currently live in Taiwan/South China.
                                                  This is a Taiwanese aboriginal lady from 1871

                                                  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taiwan...son_enfant.jpg

                                                  And a Chief in the 20th century
                                                  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taiwan...ukai_chief.jpg
                                                  Well, there still exists a small Taiwanese aboriginal population, but have long been outnumbered by successive waves of migration from the mainland, particularly after 1949, of course.

                                                  Comment


                                                    Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post

                                                    Well, there still exists a small Taiwanese aboriginal population, but have long been outnumbered by successive waves of migration from the mainland, particularly after 1949, of course.
                                                    These Aboriginal communities still exist all over South East Asia and tend to live in isolated areas like mountains.
                                                    I saw a few when i was in Thailand, Malaysia and the Philippines.

                                                    Malaysia
                                                    https://youtu.be/JgB4OxqWXZM
                                                    Philipines
                                                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_ghkgZSEOI

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X