The fighting Prince Harry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As one of the satirical news sites has pointed out:

Finding out your grandson is giving an interview to Oprah seems to have caused a bigger meltdown than finding out your son spent ages hanging around with Jeffrey Epstein.

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
      As one of the satirical news sites has pointed out:

Finding out your grandson is giving an interview to Oprah seems to have caused a bigger meltdown than finding out your son spent ages hanging around with Jeffrey Epstein.
      Then again Andrew never criticised the press.

Comment

Team Meghan here waiting for the interview. Oh yeah.

It was lovely to see her Suits colleague Patrick J Adams sticking up for her so eloquently on Twitter, and good to see that some of the others liked his posts. I don’t blame them for not going all out to war for her in public, the support from Wendell Pierce, for example, is out there.

Comment

I'm on Team None Of Them, The Vile Cunts.

But if it ended up being a death match and sadly one of the factions has to survive, I suppose I'd prefer it to be Harry and Meghan rather than the rest of them.

Comment

Today's front page of the Daily Star sums up my feelings quite nicely on the subject.

Comment

Don’t really see what Meghan has done to warrant being called a “vile cunt”. Is it her philanthropic work? Her support for the Grenfell victims? Smart Works?

Comment

So what did Brenda have to say?

Comment

Can't imagine anyone here tuned in.

Comment

I did - I was pissed, and bored - but couldn't find it on the BBC, clicking between news and BBC1. Damn...

Comment

Originally posted by MsD View Post
                      Don’t really see what Meghan has done to warrant being called a “vile cunt”. Is it her philanthropic work? Her support for the Grenfell victims? Smart Works?
                      They all (from the embryos/ infants up) do philanthropy to some extent. That doesn't clean the slate for decades of overt racism (Phil), involvement in sexual crime (Andrew), arrogant interference in government (Charles), let alone Brenda nodding through every venal government policy since 1953.

The rest of them are just hangers on really. And while I'm shy of mentioning Oprah Winfrey and vacuous celebrity in the same thread*, how else to describe M & H"s career plans?

* MsD rightly chided me in a similar thread for not distinguishing between OW and David Beckham

Comment

I've been called a cunt on here, so shouldn't really be surprised.

She's an accomplished actor. If you don't like actors and find them too "vacuous" for your elevated tastes, don't watch films and drama.

Comment

Come on. She isn't acting except in the sense that the entire royal family is a soap opera.

I didn't call her a cunt. At worst she and Harry get gentle ridicule

Comment

I mean, perhaps I was a tad harsh. She did choose to marry into that family, though. She chose to marry a prince. Both of those look like pretty suspect decisions. And marrying a prince with a reputation for tromping around in nazi regalia certainly asks a few questions. (And allowing her husband to be interviewed by James Corden asks different questions). I don't have a lot of time for her, any more than I had for Diana or anyone else who married in.

Basically, I only have sympathy for her when she's being briefed against and when I read "royal experts" quoted in overheated Daily Mail links telling us how evil she is for making Prince Philip uncomfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
                              https://twitter.com/MENnewsdesk/status/1368525578618421248?s=20
                              What's she going to say?

"Don't listen to that lying Black b....."
                              She is not black Nef, she is a person of colour.....

Comment

She married someone she fell in love with, and wasn't to know she was going to be demonised for eating avocados.

actually so much crap in your post I’m blocking before I get banned again .
                                Last edited by MsD; 07-03-2021, 19:38.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Gardner View Post
                                  Come on. She isn't acting except in the sense that the entire royal family is a soap opera.

I didn't call her a cunt. At worst she and Harry get gentle ridicule
                                  SB called them all cunts and wished death on them all.

And they don’t just get “gentle ridicule”, they get the most vile, hurtful things said about them all over the media. Things that you couldn’t cope with as you don’t like “gentle ridicule” on here where it’s one or two people rather than thousands.
                                  Last edited by MsD; 07-03-2021, 19:24.

Comment

Originally posted by Tactical Genius View Post

She is not black Nef, she is a person of colour.....
                                    Fair point TG, but I'm not sure The Queen follows those distinctions, and I was putting words into her mouth.

If she posts on here - DM me and I'll edit my post

Comment

A grown up country should not have a royal family.

Comment

Yeh, I’m sure everyone here agrees with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post

Fair point TG, but I'm not sure The Queen follows those distinctions, and I was putting words into her mouth.

If she posts on here - DM me and I'll edit my post
                                          I wasn't being entirely serious, it's what she refers to herself as.

By doing this, she gives people cover to project their anti-black racism onto her, the same people who would think twice if she identifed as a black person.
                                          She thinks she is different somehow to Rio Ferdinand, Afua Hirsch, Akala, David Olusoga et Al and by doing so has made matters worse for herself.

Comment

Originally posted by Tactical Genius View Post

I wasn't being entirely serious, it's what she refers to herself as.

By doing this, she gives people cover to project their anti-black racism onto her, the same people who would think twice if she identifed as a black person.
                                            She thinks she is different somehow to Rio Ferdinand, Afua Hirsch, Akala, David Olusoga et Al and by doing so has made matters worse for herself.
                                            You mean she's consciously "whitening herself up" as a class register?

Comment

And they don’t just get “gentle ridicule”, they get the most vile, hurtful things said about them all over the media. Things that you couldn’t cope with as you don’t like “gentle ridicule” on here where it’s one or two people rather than thousands.
                                              Yeah. I'm with you on this. There's enough (faux?) anger around these days without adding to it. The pervasive sour hatefulness, irrespective of cause, has become socially destructive and we don't need more of it . Whatever I, you, or others might think about the monarchy most of the individuals concerned had no choice regarding where and when they were born and don't deserve to be pilloried for it. In the case of the Sussexes they decided to get out. Fine. I'm not watching their interview with Oprah and no one else is having a gun put to their head either. If people think making Meghan this year's Britney will make the world a better place, I'm willing to bet they're wrong.

Comment

Shilton saves the nation

https://twitter.com/peter_shilton/status/1368539428910632960?s=21

Comment

I meant above that all M and H get from me is gentle ridicule. Which they deserve- if you aspire to join or stay within the whole soap opera that pretty much is a given. That it also guarantees continuous abuse in the media doesn't change the first point. As I say in every thread on the royals, the media treats every one of them from Brenda down with contempt. Adults joining voluntarily know what they're in for...

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos
                                                    Whatever I, you, or others might think about the monarchy most of the individuals concerned had no choice regarding where and when they were born and don't deserve to be pilloried for it
                                                    All the royals had the choice either to a) resign from the 'Firm' or b) not to join it in the first place

Comment

Working...
                                                    X