Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heh.

Comment

Oh, I won the work quiz thing the other night. Thursday. Go me. The prize was...a crate of beer.
      Last edited by TonTon; 19-10-2020, 12:51.

Comment

How bad, says you!

Comment

Had leftover Quorn fillet and stuffing sandwich for lunch. Twas yummy.

Comment

Been in DFS for an hour or so so now. Mrs. NS has a list of requirements which I doubt are going to be mutually compatible. And she keeps on getting into long conversations with the staff that stall momentum. I'm getting frustrated but we haven't argued.

Yet.

Comment

Actually probably more like an hour and a half.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
                Actually probably more like an hour and a half.
                I can't think of a single sofa (or seat, for that matter) that we went to a store to look at / pick.

Comment

It sounds like you should find a comfortable sofa, fall asleep on it, wait for two hours for Mrs NS to discuss stuff with the DFS staff, and then say "Hey, this sofa is so comfortable that I slept on it for the last two hours" to totally sabotage her negotiations

Comment

Morning wildlife here is much less thrilling than HP's deer-and-snake collection. Very cold bike ride, and lots of chipmunks and squirrels. Was chatting to friends over the weekend who told me about their cat that keeps bringing chipmunks into the house through the catflap and they often have chipmunks and children-chasing-chipmunks on their work zoom calls.

It makes me even less inclined to put a catflap in. Although given our cats' failure to kill off an absolutely baby mouse 2 days ago, I'm not sure they'd ever work up the courage to actually catch a chipmunk.

Comment

We've moved on and have identified a possible contender in Furniture Village. No joy in Sofology. Currently in Oak Furnitureland looking at corner tables.

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                        children-chasing-chipmunks on their work zoom calls.
                        To clarify, are these children who chase chipmunks, or chipmunks that chase children?

Comment

Children who chase chipmunks. Apologies for the confusion.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
                            We've moved on and have identified a possible contender in Furniture Village. No joy in Sofology. Currently in Oak Furnitureland looking at corner tables.
                            Hell is IKEA or similar, and you are in it.

Comment

Do Oak Furniture Land still do those adverts with the older fat man and the young irritant who looked like he should be called Tim? I stopped watching all TV as a result of them.

Comment

Children who chase chipmunks. Apologies for the confusion.
                                Shame. I'd have bought a couple of the latter.

Comment

Originally posted by pebblethefish View Post

Shame. I'd have bought a couple of the latter.
                                  Planning to breed your own?

Comment

I'd create a farm of children-chasing-chipmunks, and lease them out at Trick or Treating season. Or any time that you get irritating children (is carol singing still a thing?)

Comment

I'm not sure that chipmunks instill the necessary level of fear. Children-chasing-geese would fuck up even the heartiest rugrat.

Comment

But you wouldn't want a goose in your house, or easily be able to carry one with you to a restaurant if you want the screamy brats at the adjacent table to shut up.

A child-chasing chipmunk is a very handbag or jacket-pocket appropriate sized vermin to carry with you for when you need to drive off some horrible parent's offspring.

Comment

Uncle Ethan thanks.

I have decided that Teddy would prefer communal cremation and have his ashes spread over The Field of Dreams. The hospital said that they will send a pawprint and a lock of his hair. Today I'm trying to get on with work and also starting the PetPlan claim process. It feels as though I have left another stage of grief and it's getting a little easier. I still break down when someone asks how I'm doing, but I'm feeling a little better.

Comment

Geese get a bad press. I'm a big fan.

Comment

But you wouldn't want a goose in your house, or easily be able to carry one with you to a restaurant if you want the screamy brats at the adjacent table to shut up.
                                              Yeah, the Calgary woman took a bit of a chance having a goose in for dinner.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7403790/c...-goose-rescue/

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                                                Geese get a bad press. I'm a big fan.
                                                Mm hmm.

Comment

They don't take no shit, do they? I'm a fan of taking no shit.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                                                    They don't take no shit, do they? I'm a fan of taking no shit.
                                                    Well, if we're rebranding 'attacking random passersby' as 'taking no shit', I can see the angle.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X