No announcement yet.

Mundane Thread III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just had a hot shower, but I'm not sure my knees are clean enough, since Teddy wasn't here to lick the water off of them. Sam has been following me around and I can't tell if he knows that I'm upset or he's missing his buddy. Probably a little of both. I hope he sleeps with me tonight.

Comment

Sleep well FF x

Yesterday I managed to fix a drip irrigation system which we got in the back garden three years ago. It had been working like a dream then stopped at some point in the last month (we only noticed when some plants were looking withered). It was one of those “Well I’ll have a look at it, but we’ll probably need to get someone in” situations. Took me less than an hour. #smug

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
        I don't change the bulbs myself any more since getting Marco the Polo, mainly because you have to remove the entire headlight to do so. It's too stressful.
        Yeah, I think I had to remove the entire battery in my VW Jetta.

Comment

One of the low beams in my Passat just recently went out. I watched a YouTube video and it looks easy enough to replace. But I might take it in for an oil change and let someone who knows what they're doing take care of it.

Comment

I wish I could have had them fix it when they fixed my brake lights a week ago.

It wasn’t complicated once I figured out how to do it. The problem is that that thingy that kept my hood up no longer works, so I had to prop it up with a snow brush/scraper. I still banged my head on it.

And the main problem is that it requires taking out two screws that are hard to access and then retightening them after I got the light back together.

Comment

I would just like to share something with all of you. This was written by someone I first met on a poodle forum that I joined shortly after Teddy came into my life. I can't even read this without crying. I'm so glad that we helped her and I was happy to share him with anyone who needed cheering up.

Comment

Thank you for indulging me.

Comment

That's beautiful

He brought joy to everyone he encountered

Take care of yourself. If there is anything I can do, just ask.

Comment

Thanks ursus arctos, I'll be OK. It's just going take a little more time.

Comment

That was a lovely sentiment from your poodle pal. You're amongst friends here FF, I'm pretty sure I speak for everyone in saying we are happy to indulge you for as long as you need.

Comment

I don't set the alarm on days off, but it doesn't seem to matter as Deedee's internal clock is set at 5:30am every day, and I rarely manage to get back to sleep again.
                        Fluffy alarms are notoriously difficult to reset.
                        ​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post

Yeah, I think I had to remove the entire battery in my VW Jetta.
                          Not... THE ENTIRE BATTERY?!?

Comment

Begs the question, how would you remove part of the battery?

Comment

You could take the fluid out.

Comment

True. Although you'd have to take it out anyway to pour the liquid out unless you had some complex suction device.

Comment

You could syphon it.

Comment

You two should suck eggs.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                                      You could syphon it.
                                      Wouldn't work very well. The liquid is between wafers that are really close together.

Comment

Maybe a really, really thin pipe?

Comment

We have kept the ashes of our three deceased cats. Top shelf of the bookcase.

My eldest living cat chewed and swallowed a small lizard yesterday. My other cats just kill them with their claws and leave the carcasses lying around but some bastard declawed him as a kitten (we didn't adopt him until he was 7) so he uses his mouth for everything. He's an incredibly quick predator for a 17 year old.

I should stress that we do not encourage the lizard killing. The lizards get in through the garage and when we answer the front door.
                                          Last edited by Satchmo Distel; Yesterday, 11:41.

Comment

Our kitten will instantly catch and eat any housefly that's foolish enough to cross his path.

Comment

We've still got our deceased cat's ashes on a bookshelf in the living room. The new boys have so far managed not to knock her off while practicing their climbing. The ashes are in a wicker case in a cardboard box so aren't going to get accidentally scattered into the carpet even if there is an incident.

Comment

Originally posted by Femme Folle View Post
                                                I would just like to share something with all of you. This was written by someone I first met on a poodle forum that I joined shortly after Teddy came into my life. I can't even read this without crying. I'm so glad that we helped her and I was happy to share him with anyone who needed cheering up.
                                                I watched the video where Sam is curling around him a few times last night, can't see it now. Tried to share it with my pal but couldn't, because of the settings. He was such a gorgeous sweet doggie.

Comment

Originally posted by MsD View Post

I watched the video where Sam is curling around him a few times last night, can't see it now. Tried to share it with my pal but couldn't, because of the settings. He was such a gorgeous sweet doggie.
                                                  Here it is. I also shared it on your FB

https://www.facebook.com/542429364/v...8768368519365/

Comment

We've had to clean out a kitchen cupboard because a jar of honey seems to have fermented (?) and oozed out this greasy gungey stuff. I opened the jar to wash it out and the consistency was really weird and unhoneylike.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X