Mundane Thread III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WOM View Post

You don't like any cheese, so you're pretty much shooting in the dark here.
    All cheese smells awful. Only parmesan smells specifically like vomit

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post
      My wife is virtually useless once someone vomits, even when it was the kids when they were tiny. I couldn't care less.

Our son came home after imbibing in the park a couple of months back and subsequently did a fantastic Mr Creosote impression all over himself and the couch. L recoiled and left the room as if she'd been shot from a cannon. I was largely on my own to tidy up the crime scene.
      My mum can't handle vomit. That was always left to my dad.

I don't love it obviously, but sometimes you have to deal with it. When my daughter was about 8 months old, she got some sort of gastrointestinal bug and vomited 11 times in 8 hours. And each time she felt like she was going to vomit, she wanted a cuddle first so she vomited on me every time. I was at home with her on my own, so what are you going to do? My main concern was that we were both starting to run out of any clean clothing. We ended up having to take her to A&E where they taught us how to rehydrate her using a Calpol syringe to give her 5ml of dioralyte every 5 minutes (we'd been trying to give her larger amounts which she just vomited again).

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post

You should donate your olefactory faculties to science

Comment

In actual mundane news, today I am doing the type of housework which mostly consists of "binning things". So far I've taken out two black bin bags of rubbish, one of recycling, one of shredded paper, one of food waste and I've put together one bag of clothes and one bag of other stuff to go to a charity shop. I don't even know where it all comes from.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post

You should donate your olefactory faculties to science
            I'm not sure this would be of value to anyone really. I mean I don't experience that "coriander tastes like washing powder" thing that people have. But I believe it exists. To me parmesan (at least when grated onto hot food) smells like vomit. So strongly sometimes that I have found Italian restaurants (especially ones outside Italy) to be uncomfortable to be in

Comment

I believe you unconditionally, and just think it is a very singular way of experiencing the world.

Comment

Cheese doesn't smell of anything.

Neither does anything else.

Comment

Have you been covided?

Comment

Nope.

Dropped on my head.

Comment

The discussion of the distinguishing qualities of vomits reminded me that, unlike fingerprints, you can't really dust for vomit.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post

I don’t think that is quite true, but do know what you’re talking about. In certain conditions one does detect vomity notes from it.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjm View Post
                          The discussion of the distinguishing qualities of vomits reminded me that, unlike fingerprints, you can't really dust for vomit.
                          Alright, Nigel.

Comment

I retrieved my dress from the drycleaners today.

Had pizza, wine and a margarita in a pub with some friends first, very enjoyable.

I popped into Tesco on the way back and scored a few items, including a load of Seeded Sensations (brown bread with seeds in it) which was yellow-stickered down to 43p.

It fell out of my bag on the way home as I hadn't fastened it properly. I thought of going back to look for it, but it was only 43p. Does mean I can't have toast in the morning, though.

Comment

My retail therapy for the day was discovering new stock on the toy shelves in TK Maxx. I bought a Brio wooden cargo train. I find them soothing toys and decided to treat myself.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                I believe you unconditionally, and just think it is a very singular way of experiencing the world.
                                The typical smell associated with Parmesan is sweaty socks. This is less bad than vomit, but...

Comment

I lost the remote for my Bose Soundtouch. A replacement costs $93!!!!! So I'm an idiot and they're thieves, that's how the world divides these days.

Comment

There isn't a universal remote that is compatible?

Comment

I wouldn't know. I really don't trust myself even trying to find out. I'd probably spend half as much buying something that doesn't work.

Comment

It couldn't be truly lost, could it? I mean, did you check under the sofa? It's not like they go out joyriding in the car.

Comment

Originally posted by Femme Folle View Post
                                          It couldn't be truly lost, could it? I mean, did you check under the sofa? It's not like they go out joyriding in the car.
                                          No, but I fear it might have been thrown in the garbage. I did check under the furniture but the sofa cushions... maybe not...

Comment

Bizarre injury of the day: after some enjoyable gardening I was putting an attachment onto the hose, and got fingerprint bit of a finger trapped between the male and female hose components as they clicked together. Of course the only way to release that 2mm of fingertip was to push the bits closer together. Should be a decent blood blister.

Comment

On the bright side, it was only your finger.

Comment

After moving, I’ve bought replacements for several things I couldn’t find. Just a few:

DVD remote
                                                Lead for Bose headphones
                                                Mouse for MacBook
                                                Charger leads
                                                Tweezers
                                                Soil PH tester
                                                Bottle opener

The only one that hasn’t turned up since is the mouse.

Speaking of mice, Milly caught a mouse yesterday. As it was in the garden I didn’t intervene and at least it was quite short - either it got away or she killed it, I don’t know.

Wish I’d gone back for that bread now. I have porridge soaking, so will be OK.

Comment

Edit: wrong thread.
                                                  Last edited by Balderdasha; 20-09-2020, 09:13.

Comment

Originally posted by Balderdasha View Post
                                                    30 million cases worldwide. The last million took just under 4 days again.
                                                    Wrong thread?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X