No announcement yet.

Mundane Thread III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

treibeis all the best for you and Daniel.

Toby Gymshorts I’m sorry about your idiot neighbour.

But the news I’m still trying to digest is that NS bought Hermes jeans.

Comment

I'm guessing that they don't operate in Oz

Comment

All I want - honestly, genuinely - all I want is a quiet life. I don't ask much at all, other than that.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post

I know really, just seemed an easy* tap-in.

*pointless

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
            All I want - honestly, genuinely - all I want is a quiet life. I don't ask much at all, other than that.
            Find out where David Sylvian lives.

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post

Find out where David Sylvian lives.

Cruelly, Sylvian is originally from a just a few miles away from Toby's current abode.

Maybe he's still got friends in the area.

Comment

How much do we think the oligarch jeans in Sits' photo might cost? I'm not even sure where to start the bidding.

Comment

Not the same style but a snip at €495:

Comment

That's awful Toby Gymshorts and I'm sure the last thing you needed.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post

That can't actually be a Hermes courier - he's not drop-kicking the parcel over the front gate or got his dog to play with it for a week.

Comment

Our Hermes courier is brilliant, a really lovely guy who goes above and beyond.

Comment

Pizza night here.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                            Our Hermes courier is brilliant, a really lovely guy who goes above and beyond.

Not good at locating your front door, then?

Comment

Heat is brutal in SWFL currently so some rain from the fringes of the hurricane approaching Eastern Florida would not be unwelcome and would have the added benefit of increasing the number of birds we can see feeding on the fish and insects flushed out by the storm.

Comment

This morning I went into my office for the first time in 19 weeks and have removed all my personal effects*. Most of the paperwork I brought home can be binned I think. I'm going to go through it while watching the cup final later.

*including the vintage action figure of Face Man that I bought in the hospital's charity shop back when it had a charity shop.

Comment

On my office day on Thursday, I wore my new Finisterrre utility pants (aka a surf dude brand idea of what a workman pants should be like) and they were delightful. A more relaxed slim fit than my usual type. I wore a Berghaus t-shirt and Scarpa shoes(the type that looks like climber shoes)...

Comment

Just bought myself one of these:

Comment

Crap....that's gorgeous. Canadian Tire running their end of season clearouts already, eh?

Comment

Heh!

It is a beautiful ride. I haven't been on a bike in well over a decade and this is like a Rolls Royce compared to that one.

Comment

Hey! We have a bike buying thread! Winky thing.

I walked past the Waterstones near Russell Square yesterday and they prominently advertise their 'Dillons Cafe' which is probably the last remaining trace of what that shop used to be.

It's really hard to remember a time when there were multiple, national bookshop chains. And when WHSmiths weren't terrible.

​​​​​​Did Dillon's go before the rise of Borders or were they concurrent?

Comment

The kittens went out in the garden for the first time yesterday. The irrational fear that they would walk off and not come back was shown to be unfounded. Although they aren't brothers, they have a close bond, having shared a cage at the shelter where they were born. It is touching that, as the physical space available to them has expanded, they still do lots together even though proximity is no longer enforced.

Thinking of OTF's cat contingent, MsD hasn't been in for a few days. Hope all is well at the cabine.

Comment

Originally posted by Levin View Post
                                              It's really hard to remember a time when there were multiple, national bookshop chains. And when WHSmiths weren't terrible.
                                              Ottakar's too (eventually taken over by Waterstone's, which is how we ended up with a Waterstone's branch here because they never opened their own branch) - and James Thin in Scotland.

Comment

This should probably go in a Miraculous Electronic Revelations thread or something, but my quality of life has taken a marked upturn since figuring out how to reset my phone's sleep time from 30 seconds to 2 minutes or three minutes or more. Wish I'd done this two years ago when I got it.

Comment

I'm watching baseball and Mrs Thistle is amusing herself by looking at action figures of baseball mascots on the interweb.

If anyone invents a sport that involves mascots competing I think she'd let me get Sky.

Comment

Originally posted by Levin View Post
                                                    Hey! We have a bike buying thread! Winky thing.
                                                    We do? I had no idea.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X