No announcement yet.

Mundane Thread III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently people - maybe even Brenda herself - have been piddling around Balmoral Castle. Balmoral felt that it would be helpful to state the self-evident: "Disappointed to see so many wipes discarded on the Estate today. Next to paths and monuments. Please remember there are no public toilets open for miles around at the moment."

Comment

I've got a Zoom meeting with work tomorrow. There may be some actual work next month.

Comment

We just had an entertaining bout of thunder, lightning and hail, the latter being quite impressive given an ambient temperature over 30 degrees Celsius.

The whole thing lasted 15 minutes, and the sun is once again shining on the Hudson.

Comment

Originally posted by treibeis View Post
          The ones in the Kia-Ora advert were all right as well.
          I had occasion to watch that the other day. Wow. I had managed to whitewash it, and myself, over the years. Utterly disgusting.

Comment

Did we find our what an FLW is? Also, "four squares"? And are there actual prairies within Chicago? That seems unlikely.

Right, I'm caught up.

Comment

Bicycle repair man turned up just before 7pm.

Comment

Did you inquire about the grudge against you and yours?

Comment

Ugh, my aptop wn't start s I'm n the d ne with fucked keybard, fucked registry and windws 7 This is not great

Comment

FLW was indeed Frank Lloyd Wright

Four squares and prairies are house styles in this context

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Foursquare

https://flwright.org/researchexplore/prairiestyle

There are no real prairies in Chicago, but

https://www.fnal.gov/directorate/ann...s/prairie.html

Comment

FLW mentored Anthony Quinn (in his artwork), interesting fact I learned during my last gig.

That house is lovely.

Comment

I got three quarters of the way through assembling a substantial cat tree before noticing that the hut part had a cracked roof, so then had to disassemble it again ready for exchange.

Comment

Poor disappointed kitties! I hope a replacement arrives soon.

Milly's not very keen to go out at the moment, maybe something to do with the three large toms that have called upon her to press their suit (or just beat her up for her Dreamies).

I've got a horrible headache, maybe dental-related.

Comment

Hope the headache passes soon, MsD.

The cats were banished to the kitchen while the tree building was going on, so thankfully are none the wiser. Deferred gratification isn't really their thing.

Comment

I fainted last night. Loafing on the sofa watching telly, when I had a sudden leg cramp that made me shoot to standing up. The head rush was immediate and dizziness led to momentary blackout. Was lucky to avoid the table top as I keeled over, but no harm done.

Haven't had that experience (not cramp, that happens often enough) since I was a teen at school.and we used to do the low squat, breathe deep, then stand upright quickly for the free thrill of short, disorientating blackout.

Comment

That's more or less how I broke my leg, back in 2008. I started to faint, panicked that I was having a stroke, kicked out and hit the coffee table, then blacked out momentarily.

I've been a fainter most of my life, due to low blood pressure and "being tall" (I'm 5'8" and have been since I was 13). On the night in question, I'd been sitting down for about 3 hours then got up.

I don't faint often, just more than most and I've really scared my friends, then I've been right as rain and gone back to the dancefloor or whatever.

Weird.

Comment

My major troubles began in 2014 when I fainted and cracked my head. Be careful.

Recently I was feeling much better and worked more or less normally most of last week and was able to function this weekend pretty well, but on Sunday night I suddenly started to get dizzy again and now it’s really bad. This sucks.

Comment

Hope everyone gets better soon. Never fainted in my life, hope it stays that way.

Comment

The 'stand up' - and resulting drop in blood pressure - is what caused my mom's stroke, which is what finished her off.

Comment

Oh Gawd.

Comment

There are glamorous young people in the garden again, as the young gentleman of the house will be 21 tomorrow. If I want to go past them to get food* I'll have to get dressed up. I suppose this is no real hardship. I've given up the thought of working tonight, will do it tomorrow. * I won't starve, I will just have to eat what's in the fridge.

Comment

My friend who sometimes drinks too much has been reacting inappropriately to my posts on FB and I'm doing my best to ignore it because I feel sorry for her. For example, she posted the laughing emoji on a post I made about Animal Crossing, which I know that she knows SFA about. She also posts replies that don't make any sense and are out of context (unless maybe if you're pissed you might think they're funny? IDK).

Anyhoo...

So last night I had the strangest dream. I was out and bumped into ursus arctos, who was with three old men from New Jersey who were giving off a serious mob vibe (don't ask me to describe what that means--I just knew it in my dream, okay?). These men had started an investment business and their office was in a mall. In New jersey. When one of them asked why, a woman came from nowhere to say that the only office space available was a storefront. Then they decided to eat lunch and UA invited me to join them, but made his excuses and left me with the old mobsters before the food even came out.

I think I've been working too hard lately.

Comment

I occasionally respond to your posts about games or reality shows which I don't know about, just because I like the fact that you're enjoying them, if that doesn't sound too creepy. Hang on, I'll try to intellectualise it a bit. I like the postmodern randomness of your choices and the juxtaposition with the mundane and the sad. Like, I'll see some very serious posts and then it is a bit incongruous to see one of those posts.

(Thinks: am I the friend who drinks too much? No, I don't think so.)

Comment

Femme Folle serious LOL about ursus arctos and his mob pals.

But I can see that.
                                                Last edited by MsD; 30-06-2020, 22:32.

Comment

The most implausible part of that story is that I would be in a mall in New Jersey.

I grew up with mobsters and can definitely see myself thinking that FF would find them entertaining.

Comment

MsD No, you are not my inebriated friend (well, not *that* one, anyway). LOL

Comment

Working...
                                                    X