X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh yeah. like he said.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
      Ah right. Well Dan Dan the lavatory man is the bloke who does the loos at the mini golf. And the golf man said DDTLM is sometimes Albanian. And as you say Gordon Hill did Wisdom impressions. So it's all there really.
      It is now, yes.

Comment

I'm disappointed to discover that Daniel Dann's name isn't Daniel Dann.

Comment

I wonder if Steve Coppell had a signature impersonation. It was probably Bernard Levin or James Burke, to impress his clever book learning mates.

Comment

I'm told that Martin Buchan did a very convincing Kenneth McKellar.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
              Kenny Sansom did a Frank Bruno, but it was rubbish. Apparently, Teddy Sheringham did an excellent Dennis Waterman, but probably didn't realise he was doing it.

Lukas Podolski does a passable Johann Sebastian Bach. Apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                I'm disappointed to discover that Daniel Dann's name isn't Daniel Dann.
                Careful readers have known this for years.

Comment

Of course, some such readers thought treibeis' WSC pen name was his real moniker, too

Comment

Careful readers have known many things for many years that I am only just learning or may never learn.

Comment

In my mind, Albania's love of Norman Wisdom is always connected with the country having offered the throne to that paragon of Edwardian sporting prowess, C.B. Fry.

We are about due for another example of this phenomenon. Maybe they will offer Dacre asylum or something.

Comment

Originally posted by HORN View Post
                        Has that "friend of the stars" lady vanished?

I worry.
                        Yes. She had a row with another poster and has fled us for the greener pastures of FB.

If she's lurking, hopefully she knows she's missed.

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post
                          If she's lurking, hopefully she knows she's missed.
                          Indeed.

Even though she consumes far too much ice cream.

Comment

Never.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                              Whereas Mickey Thomas' attempt at mimicking Robin Leigh-Pemberton was less than authentic.

Comment

Similarly, I never heard good things about the Greenhoff brothers' Eric and Ernie turn.

Comment

There seems to be no recordings/video but I vaguely remember Hill's Wisdom and thinking it wasn't so bad at all. I would probably change my mind were I to see it again.

Comment

Romanians (of a certain age) love Norman Wisdom too. Except that virtually nobody knows that's his name. If you ask about him you'll get a blank look, If you show a photo you get this joyful cry of "Pitkin!" and a look of adoration.

Comment

Just realised that the clocks are going forward this weekend. Not sure if this will make a difference to anyone given the times we are living in. Certainly makes squat all difference to me.
                                      Last edited by Sporting; 27-03-2020, 09:29.

Comment

Never makes any difference to me.

Comment

It does to me when I'm forced to cycle to work in darkness.

Comment

We don’t Fall Back for another week.

Comment

BST is certainly much better for my state of mind. I find the winter soul-crushing so a solid, definite day when we finally get out of it makes March clock change one of my favourite days.

Comment

Falling back isn't for a bit over six months, surely? We're springing forward soon.

Comment

Yeah but us antipodeans are about to fall. In so many ways.

Comment

My main clock is radio-controlled so does it automatically anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X