No announcement yet.

Mundane Thread III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got Signora Rogin one with two bits of toast where the one on top is yelling "I'm crumbing!". I'm romantic like that.

Comment

Oh joy. I bit the bullet, signed up for the app where I have to order my daughter's lunches, sat with her and ordered a term's worth of lunches. Then it turned out it hasn't started working yet because loads of the other parents hadn't managed to figure it out yet. Now it's just emailed me to tell me that about 20 of the days have menu changes and I have to go and choose all over again. Grrr.

Comment

The clowns that are running this social experiment should really be reported to the relevant ethical tribunal

Comment

Eating outdoors can be nice, if you're at a proper table, if the weather's nice - sunny but not too hot, not too windy, if you're still getting decent food.

The great British picnic is just bizarre. The idea of sitting on damp grass surrounded by ants and wants eating the kind of things that you can buy in Tesco and serve cold, and always keeping an eye on the sky. All the while in uncomfortable seating positions.

Comment

L and I ride to this place about an hour north of the city where you can get an amazing poutine and eat beside a river on picnic tables. It's great for about ten minutes until the wasps find you, and then it's game over.

Comment

Mrs Thistle really liked the bunting.

She gave me some very cool.presents and also cut me this red twig

Comment

(She committed vandalism for me!)

Comment

Comment

Terrible thing eating outside, I agree...

Comment

Much sympathy for pebble, that's bloody terrible.

My friend gave me a late Christmas present, a cuddly komodo dragon. I love it. We're going to a speed dating/comedy event tomorrow, mainly cos it's at the LGBT pub three minutes walk from where we live. I'll see if "hi I'm delicatemoth and I have a brilliant drum machine" is a good cue for romance.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                          Mrs Thistle really liked the bunting.

She gave me some very cool.presents and also cut me this red twig

That’s v cool. You’re a lucky guy Thistle.

Comment

Lovely photos, MS - I tend to agree that eating outdoors is really only enjoyable if it's takeaway or cooked on a camping stove.

Comment

I see that Leszno and MS implicitly agree with me that dining al fresco requires really nice weather. MS's photos, of course, show that you should eat al fresco when there's literally no other choice unless you walk for hours, or even days. And all of these meals would be better with more comfortable seating, apart from perhaps the fish and chips when you might be able to dangle your feet over harbor wall if no officious busybody happened to be wandering by to tell you off.

Comment

Food tastes better outdoors.

Comment

Just found a couple of the comics I was thinking of binning going for eBay on 30 each, woohoo! Have priced the first (Finale of Umbrella Academy, c2008) at 15, now going to add a few more. Yay.

Comment

I'm in Pembrokeshire, enjoying the wind and rain. There's a butcher here who always greets me like a long lost friend, despite my calling in twice a year max. I'm never sure whether he actually recognises me or is like that with everyone, irregular visitors being a significant enough section of his customer base to make it worthwhile. I suspect the latter but can't think of a way to ask which it is without sounding like a right miserable bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                                      Food tastes better outdoors.
                                      You joke, but there are LOADS of people who really think this.

Comment

Eating outdoors is almost as shit as cooking outdoors.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjm View Post
                                          I'm in Pembrokeshire, enjoying the wind and rain. There's a butcher here who always greets me like a long lost friend, despite my calling in twice a year max. I'm never sure whether he actually recognises me or is like that with everyone, irregular visitors being a significant enough section of his customer base to make it worthwhile. I suspect the latter but can't think of a way to ask which it is without sounding like a right miserable bastard.
                                          Don't ask him anything. Get him told.

"I'm going to say this once and once only. We aren't mates, never have been, never will be. We're business partners. You got chitterlings, I want chitterlings. So I give you cash, you give me chitterlings. End of. You want phatic, go to a fucking eisteddfod."

He won't think any worse of you, believe me. Like him, I'm a businessman. I understand how these things work.

Comment

Yes, but I don't want to rub him up the wrong way and have him pretend to have sold out of everything except chitterlings.

Comment

That would be offal.

Comment

I reckon if you play your cards right, you could get him to bung in a free chop.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post

You joke, but there are LOADS of people who really think this.
                                                  So how do I put this?

Comment

Tired and somewhat SADdish from the persistent clouds and a lack of real winter of any description we decided to drive up the mountain as far as we could and then hike on from there. Proved to be a fantastic decision as out of the depression (geographical and mental) it proved to be fucking gorgeous. I think I got a bit of sunburn.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X