Mundane Thread III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mundane Thread III

The little place down the block has their Jerk Pork and Rice thing on special today. I got that.

In less Mundane Thread III news, my Make Your First Short Film course was cancelled one day before it was to begin. Fuck. Fuck fuck.

Welcome all. Let mundanity rule!

Link to Mundane Thread II if you need it... https://www.onetouchfootball.com/for...ad-ii/page2001
    Last edited by WOM; 17-09-2019, 18:37.

I'm off to the Beer Asylum in half-an-hour.

Comment

Looking forward to the football this evening.

Comment

My son is leaving for university tomorrow so we, and his mum, went for a walk around our old haunts in Wimbledon. Gorgeous day.

​​​​

Comment

WTAF? Why a new thread?

Comment

The other one was getting too big.

Comment

Read the last few pages of the old one.

Comment

Booooooo

Comment

Oh boooo yourself. You made it to page one of a whole new thread. How many people can say that?

Comment

*wanders in, takes a look around*

Yeah, I don't like it. Change it back to the old one, please.

Comment

Wot happened to Mundane Thread I? We could've used up the extra space in that before we started a new one. Just more unnecessary bloat. I don't know what the world's coming to! Pshaw! And indeed fiddlesticks!

Comment

I went to the Kubrick exhibition at the Design Museum today.

Put my bag and jacket in a locker in the cloakroom, then realised I hadn't got my reading glasses. Opened the locker and PING! that's your £1 gone, lady. Couldn't find another pound, so in a right strop I put all my stuff in my bag and went to enter exhibition. Then I realised it would hamper my enjoyment too much, so asked the attendant how I could get change. Had to wait in ticket queue and then pay a pound with my contactless card, so they gave me a pound coin, then had to go to the locker room and repeat the process again. Grrr.

I didn't even need my reading glasses, either.

Good exhibition, but I'm still not over the pain of feeling mugged for £1. Bah.

Gorgeous day, but I peaked quite soon and was exhausted on the way home. Sat on the balcony with the cat for a bit to get some rays.

Comment

I'm annoyed with myself because I just got back from the supermarket without onions, which I was intending to munch with ham and cheese while watching the footie.

Comment

Originally posted by MsD View Post
                            I went to the Kubrick exhibition at the Design Museum today.

Put my bag and jacket in a locker in the cloakroom, then realised I hadn't got my reading glasses.
                            Some museums insist on one's putting bags of a certain size in storage; others don't. Not quite sure of the criteria involved.

Comment

The primary imperative is to protect the exhibits from intentional or inadvertent harm, though some institutions are also concerned about large bags' impact on the flow of visitors or "contraband" (be it real cameras or food*)

Nevertheless, it is interpreted in a very wide variety of ways.

*I used to think that the food prohibition was just a way to protect the revenues of overpriced cafes, but have been convinced by curators at the Met that crumbs can attract bugs that can do real damage to particularly fragile work (they've changed the adhesives they use for the same reason).

Comment

Flock wallpaper and a magnolia bathroom?

No.

Comment

I just voluntarily spent an hour in the company of 14 girls and one boy, all under the age of seven, who were making shakers out of old Pringles tins, crafty bits and beads. The noise level was something else.

Comment

Originally posted by Balderdasha View Post
                                    I just voluntarily spent an hour in the company of 14 girls and one boy, all under the age of seven, who were making shakers out of old Pringles tins, crafty bits and beads. The noise level was something else.
                                    Their parents will be thrilled.

Comment

Barman has a mullet/moustache combo and is a ringer for 80s journeymen stalwarts, the Snodin brothers.

Comment

This new one is RUBBISH

Anyway, I have the arse, generally. Not totally sure why.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                                          This new one is RUBBISH

Anyway, I have the arse, generally. Not totally sure why.
                                          Not dull enough for you?

Comment

Life? Well it's fucking dull, for sure.

Comment

This thread got up to speed of TonTon moaning *way* quicker than MTII.

Comment

Just off home to start preparing my house for the arrival of Humberto tomorrow night. Once done, going to see if the 85 year old lady down the road needs any help (with her hurricane prep I mean).

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post

Some museums insist on one's putting bags of a certain size in storage; others don't. Not quite sure of the criteria involved.
                                                  I'm all for putting bags away, and don't mind paying one pound, I just object to paying twice. Still, live and learn.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X