No announcement yet.

The ttraaaanzzz lyffe and TTijmes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isn’t that exactly what they are thinking of and worrying* about being undermined?

* - baselessly!

Comment

A neat illustration of how nonsense about trans people is pushed by the UK press for clicks and concocted outrage.

https://twitter.com/2damntrans/status/1359635339179139072

Comment

Never underestimate the sheer craven cruelty of GOP state legislators

https://twitter.com/anthonymkreis/status/1359612223962951682

Comment

So the good news is that Helena Kennedy QC, charged by the Scottish government with leading a review on legislative options for protecting women, has made very clear that:

This is about hatred. Trans women, gay women, journalists, parliamentarians, all women get a whole lot of horrible stuff slung at them – disproportionately – and I’m not narrowing down those who receive it.
          The bad news is that the g**rdian piece reporting this, by L*bb* Br**ks, is a piece of bigoted anti-trans garbage. I have once again resolved to stop reading that shit.

Comment

She's fucking terrible. That their entire Scottish coverage is the unfiltered drivel herself and Severin Carrell come up with, it's really depressing.

Comment

When I want to share something from the guardian, I try to remember to use:

If you want readers to be able to click through and read the content for themselves, edit the URL to the Guardian article you're about to share and simply add 'dump' in front of the domain name.

www.theguardian.com/…www.dumptheguardian.com/…

The rest of the URL can stay the same. Anyone who clicks on the link will then reach our page which will automatically forward them on to an archived copy of the Guardian article hosted by the non-profit Internet Archive project.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post

Good point Jimski. It's fascinating to think which advantages are seen as "natural" and therefore acceptable (like say leo Messi's human growth hormone) and which are unfair.
                There’s been loads of shit written about the Williams sisters being manly, and it being unfair on the dainty blondes of the game.
                Not seen it so much in recent years, but it’s there.

Comment

Originally posted by MsD View Post
                  There’s been loads of shit written about the Williams sisters being manly, and it being unfair on the dainty blondes of the game.
                  Not seen it so much in recent years, but it’s there.
                  Strange how, for example, Maria Sharapova's five-inch height advantage over Serena Williams doesn't seem to be regarded in quite the same way.

Comment

https://twitter.com/repmarienewman/status/1364963398727962638

Comment

They've changed their mind and reinstated Rep Newman's post, but I don't see how any defensible policy or algorithm removed it in the first place.

Comment

Working...
                      X